Eight

Give Me Your Heart

The Next Morning ;

Seungyoon walked straight to Teddy’s grave but he noticed a figure leaned up against it, not moving. He slowly got closer as he notices that it’s Jiyong.

Jiyong heard footsteps getting closer to him as he opened his eyes, seeing Seungyoon in front of him. He sighed deeply.

“Why are you here?” Seungyoon sighed.

Jiyong sighs as he tries to pull himself to sit up straight, but gives up after the pain in his ribs began to rage.

“Seunghyun’s had an unexpected turn. Life seems to throw a lot of those at me.”

Seungyoon stands there for a few seconds, not knowing what to say or do. He then slowly made his way over to Jiyong and sat down next to him. Jiyong looks at Teddy’s grave and his eyes started to water.

“Haven’t been here in a while. Last night well, I have no other place to go. I didn’t know what to do. I figured the only place with open arms would be here. There’s no one to tell me now. No one who told me they didn’t care or that they didn’t wanna listen.” He started to say.

“…you vented here?”

“I don’t know. Yeah, I guess.” He sighs.

Seungyoon looks around and smiles slightly.

“Great place huh? I come here every morning. Just at the crack of dawn.”

Jiyong looks at his younger brother, shocked.

“EVERY morning?”

“Like you said, it’s the only place I know someone would listen.” He nods as he felt uncomfortable again; just as the time when Jiyong stated he missed him. He knew he wanted things to go back to normal. He wanted so much for Jiyong to be there for him and to be there for Jiyong, but he wasn’t ready. Not yet, at least. He tried to change the subject. “I think you should go back to Seunghyun’s place. Dad, he uh, he got mad again yesterday when he found out you weren’t home. I told him you were walking home from football. He said he wanted to talk to your first thing in the morning.”

Jiyong sighed as he shook his head.

“I can’t . something happened there yesterday that makes me feel betrayed. I thought Seunghyun was the last person I had to trust and I found out yesterday something that , I don’t even know why but it affected me to the point where I don’t wanna show my face there anymore.”

“I know what betrayal you’re feeling like, but you need to Jiyong…”

“Are you talking about mom?”

Seungyoon stays quiet.

“Why won’t you let me be a big brother to you?”

Seungyoon shook his head and stood up.

“I don’t need one. I’ve been fine on my own for months without you. Without Teddy. Without Mom. Even without Dad. Just because I’m trying to help you, doesn’t mean I need your help. I’m in control of my own life.”

Jiyong suddenly stood up, his expression turned into anger.

“CONTROL? CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE?! You’ve LOST control of your life! You think drugs are gonna help fix the SORROW you feel?! You think it’s gonna help bring Teddy back? MOM?! Make Dad ACTUALLY love us again?!”

Seungyoon glared back at him as he shook his head.

“Just stay the hell out of my life, okay.” He softly said as he walked off, leaving Jiyong alone.

Jiyong watched him walk away from him as he said nothing else, still trying to catch his breath from the yelling he had just done. As he was able to breathe again, he knew that going home would only cause him more pain especially another beating from his father and with the condition he was in, he was in no search for more. He wouldn’t go back to Seunghyun’s place, no matter what anyone said. Instead he slowly made his way to Kiko’s place as he slowly opened the door of her house, and walking up to her room as he opened the door to her room. He slowly drops his backpack as he slowly gets into the bed, beside her as he makes sure that she wouldn’t wake up.

Kiko softly mumbled as she slowly opens her eyes.

“Jiyong?”

He lets out a sigh as he looked at her.

“Yeah, Kiko?”

She smiles a bit.

“You’re still here.”

He turns to his side, facing her.

“Of course. Why would you think otherwise?”

She sighs and closes her eyes again.

“No one likes me enough to stay around.”

He felt pity for her for that second. He ran his fingers through her hair and watched her drift off to sleep again.

 

Monday came quickly for everyone.

 

Kiko and Jiyong walked into school, holding hands. Jiyong felt everyone’s eyes on them as they walked through the doors. Even though he was used to it, this time it made him uncomfortable knowing it was because him and Kiko were hand in hand.

Taeyeon saw Jiyong kiss Kiko goodbye as the bell rung and she started to walk towards her locker. She avoided any contact with him as she faced her locker.

Jiyong opened his locker as he was putting his stuff in, trying to avoid the face that she was the only one in the hallways with him. He shoved his books in, causing a few things to fall out of his locker and onto the floor.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but notice a bag of fall out as well. She still faced her locker.

“You think drugs are the way to go?”

Jiyong picks up his stuff as he looks at her. He stands up again.

“Drinking is one thing but drugs…” He paused. “I’m just holding it for a friend.”

Taeyeon shook her head as she laughed without humor.

“Typical excuse. Next thing I know, I’m in the hospital with a patient whose being treated for drugs that he held for friend.”

“Why would you be in the hospital?” He looks at her.

“I was being sarcastic.” She lied as she rolled her eyes.

“Whatever.” He rolls his eyes and turns back to his locker.

“You do know the bell rang like five minutes ago, right?” She said, trying to get him to leave.

“Being in my class you’d think you would get that I don’t care when the bell rings.” He pauses as he looks at her. “Why are YOU out here?”

She quickly takes the pills and shoves them in her pocket.

“Looks like I’m not the only one with drugs.” He chuckles.

“They aren’t…” She stops for a moment. “Like I said, as if I would ever have to explain anything to you.”

His eyes widen slightly as something comes to him.

“Wait a minute.”

She starts to get nervous.

“W-What?”

“You said that the time you said you knew I had a black eye. That’s how you knew. You were there; at Seunghyun’s. You saw it.”

“Does it really matter now?”

“But I don’t get it. I didn’t see you around the house..”

She scoffs.

“You really are a typical, dumb jock aren’t you?” She pauses. “I wasn’t allowed to leave my room.”

“Who said?” He asked, curious.

“Seunghyun.” She mumbles softly.

“By the looks of it, Seunghyun doesn’t treat you very good, huh?”

“You’re one to care.” She thought.

“You treat me the same way.” She said, sarcastically.

Jiyong stayed quiet before looking down and starts playing with his hands.

“It’s..problems..” He pauses and looks back up at her. “..at home.”

She looks at him, a bit mad.

“So you take it out on other people?!”

He stays quiet, just looks at him.

She closes her locker as she looks at him for a slight second.

“See you in class..” She leaves without waiting for him to say anything.

Taeyeon leaves him alone as she walks inside her class, sitting next to Sehun who gave her a curious face but she just gave him a small smile before turning to the teacher. Jiyong suddenly walks in five minutes later as everyone looks up at him except for Taeyeon and Sehun.

“Ah, Jiyong. I should’ve known you’d arrive on the late train with Miss Taeyeon.” The teacher said sarcastically.

Jiyong rolls his eyes and grabs his seat next to Taeyeon who was looking down.

The teacher rolled her eyes as she continued her lesson.

“Anyway, today’s lesson is the Solar System.”

“Really? What are we in the fifth grade?” Jiyong suddenly mumbled.

“Is it really? That must be why you’re failing.” Taeyeon said as she scoffed at him which made Sehun chuckle.

“Nice one, clumsy.” Sehun mumbled which made Taeyeon smile.

Jiyong glared at him then at Taeyeon.

“Are you really trying to pull one on me, newbie?”

Before Taeyeon could respond, everything starts to shake rapidly; making everything shake. There was a earthquake happening.

“EARTHQUAKE!” Someone yelled.

The teacher panicked as she started to yell.

“EVERYONE! UNDER YOUR DESKS! NOW!”

Taeyeon’s eyes widen as she was so terrified as she quickly got down under her desk and puts her arms over her head. Suddenly, she soon feels someone’s arms around her and pulls her close to him.  She slowly looked up and saw Jiyong hugging her tightly with his eyes closed. She didn’t bother to  push him off, rather feeling relieved and for once; feeling protected.

“Please don’t let me go.” She whispers as she closed her eyes tightly.

“I won’t. I promise.” He whispers back.

 


 

SUPRISE!!! I'M STILL ON VACATION SO I WON'T UPDATE THAT MUCH.

ANYWAY, HOPE YOU UGYS ENJOY THIS CHAPTER EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT THAT GREAT. SORRY!

ENJOYYY & TALK TO YOU ALL LATERRR!

LOVE YAHHH! : ))