Sixteen

Give Me Your Heart

Seungyoon walks inside the house as he throws his backpack against the wall in frustration before he heads into the kitchen and grabs a water bottle from the fridge. He sighs as he walks back into the living room and takes out Yoona’s diary from his backpack as he thought about stealing it from Tiffany which he didn’t feel bad able and heads up to his room. He lays down on the bed on his stomach and places the diary in front of him. He opens it up to the first page but stops when he heard a door slam from downstairs which made him freeze. He slowly gets up and goes to the top of the stairs.

She stops the car in front of the house and leans her forehead against the wheel. She lets out a heavy sigh.

“Who’s there?!” He yells as he started to walk down the stairs.

He heard a noise coming from the kitchen but he froze as he sees his father approaching him with a sharp knife in his hand. He was all sweaty and his hand was shaking.

“D-dad?” He softly said as he notices the knife in his father’s hand and starts to back away.

“Where is he?” He raises his voice. “Where is Jiyong?!”

Seungyoon couldn’t help but stare at the knife in fear.

Teddy suddenly appeared beside Seungyoon.

“Seungyoon, listen to me closely and carefully okay.” He pauses. “Mom. She came. She’s right behind the front door.”

Seungyoon shakes his head, hesitating.

“No..i can’t. I can’t do it.”

His father suddenly started to laugh.

“Are you high?” He smiles. “You didn’t think I’d find out about the drugs, did you?”

Seungyoon turned to his father, furious.

“You took some didn’t you?!”

“Nick, this isn’t the time to talk about your drug dealing. Save yourself. Go open the door for mom and leave this place. Now.”

 


 

“Please tell me that what you just said was a mistake. Please.” Taeyeon said as she looked down, not believing her.

Seo-Yeon shook her head while looking back at Taeyeon.

“I’m afraid it’s not a mistake, Taeyeon.”

Seunghyun looks at her hopelessly.

“Mom, what the hell is going on?”

Seo-Yeon eyes filled with tears as she shook her head.

“I’m not your..i’m not your birth mom, Seunghyun.” She looks at Dae who was holding on to Taeyeon. “Not even Dae.”

Seunghyun started to back away.

“You’re-you’re lying. Yes, you are. You’re my mom. I know you are.”

Taeyeon sits down on the couch with Dae and leans forward, burying her face in her hands as Dae rubbed her back for comfort.

Seunghyun puts his hands on his head in frustration and lets out a heavy sigh.

“I’m waiting for the part where you say this is a joke.”

Seo-Yeon sighs as she puts one hand on his cheek lightly. She looks at him.

“I was going to tell you honey. I just wanted to-“

He takes her hand off his face.

“Don’t touch me. Don’t you EVER touch me again.” He shakes his head.

“I don’t know what’s worse. The face that I’ve been living in a house with a complete stranger, or the face that..” His voice becomes softer. “..the fact that Taeyeon may be my real sister.”

Taeyeon looks up for a moment and locks her eyes with his.

He looks back at her indifferently and stays silent.

Seo-Yeon sighs and wipes her tears.

“Sit. I want to explain it all. I want to tell you guys the full truth.”

He looked at his car keys laying on the kitchen table.

She followed his gaze and looked back at him.

“Running away isn’t going to solve this. Sit, Seunghyun. Please.”

 


 

Seungyoon looks at the knife his father is holding.

“Is that why you’re like this? You’re taking drugs?”

“You think its DRUGS that have made me this way? Your mother left me, Seungyoon. I needed her but she left.”

“Mom’s..she’s not gone. She’s here. Right behind that front door. Waiting.”

“What the hell do you think I am? Stupid?”

Seungyoon notices the knife getting closer to him as his heart started to race. He couldn’t figure out why, but he wouldn’t move. He didn’t wanted to.

He shakes his head and smiles.

“You’re gonna pay for calling the police on me.” His father said as he takes another step towards Seungyoon but stopped when something fell ontop of his head, making him fall to the ground.

She slams the glass vase against the top of his head as all the pieces fell to the floor; taking deep breaths.

He drops the knife and places a hand on the back of his head. He felt liquid on his head as he looked at it and it was covered with blood.

She pulled Seungyoon into a tight hug as she breathed heavily, thanking god that he was okay.

Seungyoon leaves his arms by his sides as he watched his father fall to the floor in disbelief.

 


 

Jiyong lets out a heavy sigh, slowly waking up as he opens his eyes; noticing someone sitting on the couch in the corner. A bit surprised to see her as he clears his throat.

Taeyeon realizes that he must of woke up because of her as she quickly sits up, a bit startled.

“Oh..um..hi.”

He chuckled a bit, noticing she was nervous.

“How long have you been here?”

She sighs and leans forward, putting her face in her hands.

“It’s cool. It wasn’t a question really.” He joked as he chuckles but stops when he doesn’t get a response from her. “Are you ok?”

She looks up at him.

“I don’t wanna bother you with my problems.”

“Why not? I’ve bothered you enough with mine..” He gives her a small smile.

She looks at him.

“Seunghyun’s my brother. My REAL brother.”

“What?” He looks at her in confusion.

She runs her fingers through her hair, brushing it back in frustration.

“Your parents…the one’s that..” He pauses. “Are you their real daughter?”

“I don’t know.” Tears start to come to her eyes. “I just ran out the door. She wanted to explain everything but I just couldn’t take it so I left and came here.”

“You walked?” He said, shocked.

She nods.

“I just..i couldn’t handle the—“

“—truth?” Jiyong said, finishing her sentence.

Taeyeon nodded again as she slowly got up on her feet and approached Jiyong’s bed.

“I know what you mean..i haven’t been able to handle the truth either.”

“Which one? If you don’t mind me asking..”

He sighs as he looks straight ahead.

“I saw it. I saw everything. I saw the way he would beat her..”

“You watched..who beat who?”

“I heard her screams from downstairs while the three of us were supposed to be asleep. I would go sit at the top of the stairs and look through the railing of the staircase. I saw when he whipped her, punched her, kicked her..” He stopped. “I know that’s why she never came back. She went through what I’m going through now and I won’t even give her another chance to make up for it.”

“You can’t force yourself to forgive her..” She sighs. “With time just about anything can heal.”

“What more time is there? Time..” He sighs. “It’s only a matter of time before it runs out.”

“I know what you mean.” She softly says as she thought of her illness.

“I don’t believe you do.”

“I do. More than anyone.” She awkwardly takes his hand.

He looks at their hands then at her.

“Why are you doing this?”

She looks at him, confused.

“Doing what?”

“..getting involved with a guy like it. It’s not gonna bring anything to your life but trouble.”

She shrugs as she looks down.

“Everyone needs a hand to hold.”

He takes his hand away and sighs.

“No. No, you can’t. Please.” He pauses. “I don’t want you to fall for me.”

“Fall for you?”

“I don’t wanna hurt you.”

 

 

 

to be continued..

sorry for this being so short.

usually my chapters are longer but oh well.

hope you guys enjoy this part. 

tell me what you guys think. ^_^