Twelve

Give Me Your Heart

Taeyeon watches the ambulance workers lifting Jiyong up in the stretcher and into the ambulance. She turns to Seo-Yeon.

“Do you mind if I go with him?” She softly asks.

Seunghyun heard her as he pulls away from the hug and looks at her.

“Why would you go? If anyone should go, I think it should be Seungyoon.”

Seungyoon suddenly got nervous.

“Me? No, I really don’t think I should. I can’t. I’ve done nothing but watch him get—“ He suddenly stopped.

“Do it Seungyoon. The sooner you get to the hospital, the better. Jiyong needs you.” Teddy says. “I have the feeling Yoona needs you too.”

Seungyoon takes a deep breath.

“Nevermind. I’ll go.” He was about to go until he turns to Taeyeon. “Would you come with me though?”

Taeyeon was a bit surprised that he asked her but she gave him a small smile and nodded.

“Of course.”

They linked arms before getting in the ambulance.

Seo-Yeon sees the ambulance driving off as she sighs before turning to Seunghyun.

“You want to head over to the hospital? To make sure he ends up okay.”

Seunghyun looks at his mother and shakes his head.

“Would I sound weird if I say that I might not be ready to see him just yet?” He looked down.

She shook her head and rubs his arm.

“Not at all, honey.”

 

 

Yoona’s mother sighed as she looked down, playing with her fingers.

“She just started trembling and shaking.” She wipes her tears that were all over her face. “I had never seen anything like it before.”

Tiffany started to tear up as she hears about her best friend. She slowly stands up.

“Can’t we go see her? If they won’t tell us anything yet, the least they can do is show us that she’s all right. That she’s okay.”

She shook her head.

“They won’t allow it until they figure out what’s wrong with her.”

Tiffany started to sob hard.

“I don’t get this. Yoona—She would be the last person to ever deserve something like this.”

She quickly hugs Tiffany tightly.

“I know honey. We all know that.”

 

 

Seungyoon got out of the ambulance as they arrived, watching them taking Jiyong out and taking him inside the hospital. He walked next to the stretcher where Jiyong was being taken on with Taeyeon following him from behind.

Jiyong slowly opened his eyes and sees Seungyoon. That brought a smile to his face.

“Seungyoon, buddy?”

Seungyoon felt relieved when he heard his brother call his name.

“Yeah, Ji?”

“I’m sorry..” He softly said as he started to close his eyes again.

That made Seungyoon stop walking as the doctors signaled him that he could no longer follow.

Taeyeon placed her hand on Seungyoon’s shoulder.

“Let’s wait for a while until they tell us some news about him.”

He nods, still looking in the same direction before he turns and walks away with Taeyeon.

 

 

Tiffany’s eyes widen as she saw Seungyoon and Taeyeon sitting together. She got suspicious as she made her way towards them.

“Taeyeon? Seungyoon?” She stood in front of them. “You guys came…”

“Tiff..” She turned to Seungyoon who started walking towards Yoona’s room. She sighed as she turned back to Tiffany. “Jiyong..He’s hurt. Badly.”

She looked at Taeyeon confused.

“How? What happened?”

Tears wanted to come out of Taeyeon’s eyes but she fought them back.

“He uh..He was beaten. With a bat.”

Tiffany’s eyes widen.

“What?!”

Suddenly they heard someone screaming and crying hysterically as they look to see a doctor talking to Yoona’s mother. They quickly rushed over with Seungyoon reaching her at the same time as they wanted to know what was happening.

Taeyeon looked at Yoona’s mother, worried.

“What happened? Is Yoona okay?”

The doctor turned to her and the rest that were waiting for his answer. He sighed.

“I’m afraid that Yoona won’t make it thought the night. We did everything we could.” He paused. “I’m sorry.”

Tiffany suddenly forces a small laugh.

“I mean there has to be some kind of mistake.” She paused for a moment. “Right?”

Seungyoon suddenly remembered something.

 

Seungyoon started to breathe heavily.

“How is he?! Is my brother okay?!”

The doctor sighed.

“I’m afraid that Teddy won’t make it thought the night.” He paused. “I’m terribly sorry.”

Seungyoon’s eyes started to fill with tears as he couldn’t believe the news about his brother.

“What?”

Jiyong tried to show no emotion, trying to be strong for his little brother as he pulled him into a hug.

Seungyoon left his arms down by his sides, still in disbelief of the news. He let the tears stream down and had no intention of wiping them off.

“He’s gone…”

 

 

The doctor shook his head, feeling so bad for them.

“I’m afraid there’s nothing else we can do for her. She may have a few hours left. I’m truly sorry.”

Seungyoon’ sorrow turned into anger as he suddenly grabbed the doctor by his shirt roughly which surprised everybody.

“You can’t do anything? SAVE HER! PLEASE! DO ANYTHING!” He yelled at him, tears streaming down his face.

Taeyeon looked at Seungyoon with tears rolling down her face until she tried to pull Seungyoon back.

“Seungyoon, it’s not use. Let him go.”

Seungyoon sighed, knowing that Taeyeon was right as he lets the doctor go; giving him a push. He soon felt more tears falling down his cheeks.

“I can’t lose her too. I just can’t.” He looks at the doctor. “Please.”

Tiffany found herself wrapping her arms around Seungyoon, pulling him into a warm yet tight hug. She started to sob as well.

Taeyeon turned to Yoona’s mother who was sobbing her eyes out. Even though she had never met her before, she saw the hurt in her eyes and soon enough she hugged her tightly; feeling sorry that she lost her only daughter.

Tiffany pulled away from the hug and wiped his tears away.

“Go see her.”

Seungyoon shook his head as more tears fell.

“I-I can’t. I can’t have the last memory of her as her dying in a hospital bed.”

“Seungyoon..don’t let her go without telling her that you love her.”

He sighed deeply as he looked at the door where Yoona’s room was at. He slowly made his way towards it and opened it as he walked inside, closing it behind him. He walked over and looked at her, afraid to touch her. Afraid to wake her. Afraid to lose her any second now.

All that was heard in the room were the beeps. The beeps meant that she was still there. Still alive.

He observed her. Her pale, white skin. Her hair that was down and a bit messy. Her lips that looked so cold since they were no longer pink. He slowly started to her hair.

She slowly opened her eyes halfway, just enough to notice that it was Seungyoon. Her voice was tired and weak.

“What are you doing here?”

He suddenly became nervous as he didn’t know what to say to her.

“I wanted to apologize.”

She lets out a long, exhausting sigh.

“I don’t want your apology.”

“You shouldn’t want anything from me considering how I’ve treated you the past few years. You shouldn’t have noticed me, wasted your time trying to talk to me, or even looking at me for that matter.” He looks at her. “I regret half of things I’ve done in these past few years of life..” He pauses. “Loving you was never one of them.”

She looks at him.

“Why are you doing this Seungyoon? Why now?”

He takes a few seconds.

“I don’t know. The thought that you could be gone any second now, it scares me.”

“You don’t think it scares me? I’m afraid to fall asleep because I’m not sure I’ll ever wake up.” She started to cry just by the thought of it.

“Please don’t say that.”

With the tears flowing down, she looks at him.

“I don’t wanna go, Seungyoon.”

He grips on her hand, not wanting to ever let it go.

“I don’t want you to.”

She stays silent.

He slowly leans forward and kisses her lips gently, afraid of hurting her.  She took a deep breath as she closed her eyes as his lips met hers. She kissed him back.

 

 

Taeyeon sat with Tiffany and Yoona’s mother in silence until she noticed Jiyong’s doctor who started to walk towards her. She quickly stood up and notices his expression.

“No more bad news. Please.” She whispered.

He looks at her.

“Are you here for Kwon Jiyong?”

She nods as she waited in fear.

“Is everything okay with him?”

“He may end up being paralyzed from the waist down, but with some therapy; he should be able to walk again.”

“Paralyzed?”

“We could perform surgery on him but we don’t think he’s strong enough to make it.”

She nods in understanding.

“Thank you, doctor.”

 

The Next Morning

 

Seungyoon walks out, closing the door behind him. He was looking down.

Taeyeon looks at him with hope.

“Seungyoon?”

“She’s gone.” He softly says as he looks at Taeyeon.

Tiffany heard him as more tears flowed down her cheeks which she didn’t bother to wipe away.

“No..she can’t be..”

 

 

Taeyeon walked along a white, long cloth that stretched over Yoona’s body that covered it. She reaches where she knew Yoona’s face was and stopped.

“Why’d you have to go so soon? I was only getting to know you better. I was looking forward to the shopping, the..the sleepovers..” She pauses as she got chocked up, playing with her fingers. “Can I tell you something?” She knew Yoona wasn’t going to answer her so she said it anyway. “I wish I was in your position. I know it’s not right to think like that or even say it but I would give anything to be in a safer place. A better place. Where you know that no matter what, you belong.”

She starts to play with her hands once again.

“And secretly, I wanna see my parents again. No matter how mad I am at them..” She started to cry. “I miss them so much.” She tried to control the tears coming down but couldn’t. “I’m not mad at you for telling me you’d help me get though my disease. I’m mad at the face that..that you left me so early.” She cries harder and looks at Yoona’s body. “There’s no doubt we’re all gonna miss you but Seungyoon, he’s devastated.” She pauses and smiles a bit thought her tears. “You should try being his guardian angel.”

Suddenly there was a knock at the door which scared Taeyeon a bit. She quickly wipes her tears.

“Come in!”

Seungyoon slowly opens the door and looks at her.

“Taeyeon, Jiyong’s been asking for you since he woke up.”

Taeyeon looks down for a second then nods.

“I’ll be right there..”

He nods before he takes another look at Yoona’s body before he closed the door again.

Taeyeon places her hand on Yoona’s arm and rubs it a bit.

“I hope you’re at rest in peace.” She pauses. “I know I’ll never forget you. Never.” She slowly whispered as she slowly walks out.

Taeyeon closed the door where Yoona was in as she let out a loud breath which she had been holding ever since she got in there. She wipes her tears quickly before she walked into Jiyong’s room after a while. She saw his eyes were closed which she assumed that he was asleep. She thanked that he was. She slowly took a seat next to his bed as she rested her head on the edge of his bed and couldn’t help but cry.

Jiyong slowly opens his eyes as he sees Taeyeon which makes him reach towards her hand and holds onto it lightly.

Taeyeon quickly sits up and wipes her tears with her other hand.

“You’re awake.”

He nods weakly as he lets go of her hand.

“I’m sorry about Yoona.” He pauses. “Seungyoon told me.”

“Oh..Thanks.” She looks at him. “How are you feeling?”

“Just a severe pain in my waist but other than that, a few bruises never hurt me.”

“Did..Did Seungyoon tell you about the condition you’re gonna be in?”

“Let me guess..a few broken ribs, cuts and bruises as well as some minor pain in my wait for a few days right?”

Taeyeon stayed quiet as she looked down which worried Jiyong.

“That’s not it?”

She looks at him and shook her head as she took a deep breath.

“You were left paralyzed, Jiyong. From the waist down.”

He looks down at his legs, holding back tears.

“Paralyzed?”

“With a few weeks of therapy you should be able to walk again.” She pauses. “The outcome could’ve been much worse.”

“How could it have been worse?! I can’t walk!” He yells as he starts to cry, not believing any of this.

“Not being able to walk won’t change anyone’s feelings towards you. You’ll still be just like everyone else.”

“No, no I won’t. Football..I won’t even be able to go to practice!” He pauses. “Dad..he’s gonna kill me..”

“Your dad? Jiyong, your dad’s gone. The police is out looking for him. You don’t remember?”

He looks at her in despair.

“The police? They know what he does to me?”

She nods.

“They know everything, Jiyong.”

He suddenly takes her hand, gripping onto it.

“You can’t let them take him away. Please don’t.”

 


 

SURPRISE! LOL

Wow, it's been so long right? XD I apologize for that. A lot of stuff happened and I didn't had time to update anything but I'm back now and I'll update as soon as possible.

How's everyone doing? I've missed you all! <3

Sadly, Yoona is gone. This won't be the last you see of her. (;
SPOILERS XD HAHA

Hope you enjoy this chapter even though it's a sad one. i was crying while writing this. Don't judge ;p

Tell me what you guys think about this. You know how much I love your comments!

Love you all! <3