Seventeen

Give Me Your Heart

Taeyeon looks at him slightly longer than she was suppose to before she looks away from him.

“I know better than that.” She softly mumbles as she shook her head.

That left Jiyong wondering what she meant.

“What do you mean?” He asks, curiosity killing him.

Taeyeon sighed before she met his eyes.

“I know better than to get involve with you in any way especially that way. I know you and your “cool” status. You use girls. You cheat on Kiko here and there because you don’t want to commit to real relationship or to one girl. I know your deal and I’m smart enough than to fall for it.”

Jiyong kept his head down, looking at his hands; not wanting to meet Taeyeon’s eyes.

“I’m not afraid to commit to one girl.” He paused as he took a deep breath. “It’s what..it’s what my friends expect from me.”

“So you’re friends tell you to play with girl and you follow them. They tell you to get drunk and you do it like a little puppy.” She sighs. “Seems like they’ve got you wrapped around their fingers, huh?”

Jiyong suddenly looks up at her.

“You can try to figure me out all you want. No one gets it. There would be no use in trying.”

“You sure about that? I’m pretty sure I’ve got you all figured out.”

“Go ahead.”

He looks at her, curiously as he waits for what she was going to say.

Taeyeon takes a deep breath.

“You’ll do whatever it takes to stay with the popular crowd so that you won’t feel so alone aside as to what’s going on with your family. You think drinking solves your problems and it makes you “cool”. You’re dating Kiko because of your reputation, not because you like her and you’re...scared to lose your dad because he’s all you’ve got left since you’re not ready to accept your mom in yet therefore being afraid to lose her again.”

Jiyong stays silent while that told Taeyeon that she went a bit too far. She slowly turned to the door, hesitating a bit in her voice.

“I should go..”

“Will you be back tomorrow?” He says all the sudden without him realizing.

She stops at the door, not believing that he actually said that as she turns around.

“I don’t think I should..”

“Um..you can teach me another lesson I missed..before I get released tomorrow.”

“And then what? We go back to school and you bully me some more like before? Sorry but I’ll pass.”

Jiyong looks at her without saying anything, feeling nothing but guilty.

“I’ll see you later Jiyong.” She says as she leaves.

 


 

Taeyeon walks in thru the front door as she hangs her jacket on the coat racker before getting tackled by Dae which made her giggle. She hugged him back as she released him after a while and so did he.

“Glad you’re back Tae! Mom is making homemade pizza!” He says, excitement written all over his face which made Taeyeon giggle.

“Sounds delicious. Save me piece will you.” She teased which made him laugh.

“No promises Tae!” He yells as he ran to the kitchen.

Taeyeon smiled to herself as she made her way up to her room but stopped when she heard a familiar voice behind her.

“Where were you?” Seunghyun asks as he leans against the wall.

Taeyeon turned to him, eyeing him as she got suspicious why he was asking her that.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to fill the role of the “big brother”. For all we know Seo-Yeon could be lying. She has no proof whatsoever that you and I are related.” She says as she crossed her arms across her chest.

“You’re in denial.”

“You mean the way you were a few hours ago?”

“You don’t know if she doesn’t have proof. We should listen to her story. We should give her a chance and just hear what she has to say.”

Taeyeon sighed deeply as she looks down.

“Fine.” She pauses before looking up at him. “But related or not, I know I’ll always be the same to you. Another orphan who’s just considered a charity case in this house.” She walks away.

Seunghyun sighs deeply as he runs his fingers through his hair in frustration before walking to the kitchen where Seo-Yeon and Dae were setting up the table.

 


 

Seungyoon laid on his side against the rough mattress, just staring at the wall; not realizing Teddy in the room, leaning against the wall. He ignored him as he closed his eyes for a while.

Teddy sighed as he looked up at the ceiling for a moment but his eyes snapped open as he heard a soft noise coming from Seungyoon. He looked over at him seeing him crying.

“She’s right down the hall in the guest room. Just go talk to her. She’s our mom, Seungyoon. Forgive her.”

Seungyoon sits up as he turns to Teddy.

“No. I’ve gone years—“

“Without her help. Without anyone’s help. You’ve said it over and over again. Do you really think anyone believes it? You say you’re doing just fine but you’re not even close to it. So just STOP alright! Stop refusing to take help. Stop trying to live on your own when you don’t have to. Stop trying to be an adult when you’re just a kid, Seungyoon.” Teddy pauses as he starts to tear up. “You take drugs to feel better about the things you don’t have when they’re right there in front of you. Stop doing this to yourself. Stop pretending you’re fine because you and I both know that you are definitely not.”

Seungyoon shook his head as tears rolled down his cheeks.

“I’m not. I’m not fine okay. I’m not…” His voice drifts off as he continues to cry which made Teddy cry as well.

“I’m sorry that you’re going through this okay. But I’m not going to sit around and watch you throw your life away anymore.”

“What? Teddy, you’re leaving? No. No, you can’t ! You can’t go, please! I—I need you more than anything in this world.” He pauses as he looks down before looking up at him, hopelessly. “Please.”

Teddy slowly stands up and shakes his head no.

“I’ve tried. Over and over again. If I can’t get through to you, then there’s only one person who can.”

Seungyoon quickly gets off the bed.

“Teddy, I don’t want anyone else. You’re my brother. You can’t leave me again. Please!”

“Jiyong needs someone to look after him just as much as you do, Seungyoon.”

“You’re going to be Jiyong’s guardian angel?”

“I’m sorry.” Teddy looks at a picture that was in Seungyoon’s desk, he smiles softly. “Maybe she’ll help you get through. Maybe she’ll help you realize all that you can have.”

Seungyoon looked at him confused before he follows his gaze and his eyes suddenly fill with more tears.

“Y-yoona?”

Teddy looks at Seungyoon with a small smile.

“I love you Seungyoon. Don’t forget that.”

“Will I ever see you again?”

“I don’t know.” He says jokingly, hoping it’ll get Seungyoon to smile for him one last time. “I had never died before this so I don’t really know how this goes.” He smiles at him.

Seungyoon couldn’t manage but chuckle a bit through his tears.

“I love you, Teddy.”

“Take care? Please.”

Seungyoon sighs as he looks down.

“I can’t promise you anything although I want you to try to get the old Jiyong back.” He pauses. “I need him.”

Teddy smiles at him as he nods while he starts to fade away.

 


 

Jiyong looks at the papers, not knowing what he was suppose to do. He looks over at Kiko who was doing her nails on the couch in the corner.

“Since you have this class, do you think you could possibly teach me today’s lesson that I missed?”

Kiko stops blowing on her nails as she looks at him before letting out an exaggerating laugh.

“You’re funny.”

Jiyong sighs as he runs his hands thru his hair.

“Why are you even here then? It’s not like you’re paying any attention to me anyways.”

“Oh right!” She stands up and takes out her phone. “Your boys wanted me to prove that I came to visit you so they asked me to get you on the phone.”

“As in Seunghyun too?” He asks, hopeful.

“Seunghyun? Yeah, right. He’s been super out of it lately. Without you there, he doesn’t say a word.”

“Oh.” He sighs. “Well, I guess call them then.”

She nods as she dials Taeyang’s number and puts it on speaker.

After a couple of rings, he finally answers.

“You’d better have a good reason for calling. They guys and I are at a bar right now.”

“The bar?” She pauses. “Ah, fake I.D.’s huh?”

“Yep.” He pauses. “Anyways, you called because…?”

Jiyong sighed as he takes the phone.

“Hey dude.”

“No way!” He turns to the guys. “Hey guys, it’s Jiyong! He’s on the phone!” He yells before he turns to the phone. “What happened man?”

“Dude, is it true that you beat up during a fight and that’s the reason you’re at the hospital?” Seungri took Taeyang’s phone and asked since he was curious.

“What the hell? The rumor I heard was that you were tipsy and you got into a car accident with some chick.” Another voice echoed thru the phone.

Taeyang rolled his eyes as he took his phone back.

“What the hell is going on man? You’re missing too much football. Us assigning you to quarterback was a mistake considering you don’t show up to practice enough.”

“I know and I’m sorry. I get out tomorrow but..” He stops. “But I won’t be able to play for a while.”

“Coach is gonna kick you off the team. Why won’t you be able to play?” A voice echoed thru the phone.

“Tell him..” He sighs. “Tell him I need to go to therapy for a while..because I was left paralyzed.”

Kiko’s eyes widen as she looked at Jiyong in shock.

“WHAT?!”

 


 

Seunghyun looked at Taeyeon who was listening to Dae talking about something that happened to him at school then at Seo-Yeon who was doing the dishes with her back faced to them. He takes a deep breath.

“Can you tell us about them? Our parents.”

Seo-Yeon pauses for a moment then turns the water off as she grabs a towel and drives her hands before turning to them. She sighs.

“I-I didn’t know them.”

“But..you knew about them, didn’t you?” Taeyeon asked.

“If I tell you guys I do, would you please take a seat and hear me out? The whole story and how you guys ended up..here. Together.”

Taeyeon and Seunghyun looked at each other before turning to Seo-Yeon.

“Okay.”

They all walked into the living room and sat on the couch, followed by Seo-Yeon. She sat down on the couch across from them and lets out a sigh.

“It all started when I found out from my doctor that I couldn’t have kids..”

 


 

“How the did you end up paralyzed dude?!” Another voice echoed thru the phone, shocked.

Jiyong stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

“Umm..”

Kiko looked at him eagerly.

“Uhm, an explanation would be nice!”

Jiyong gulped as he quickly thought of something.

“I got shot.” He notices Kiko’ shocked expression. “Uhm…you guys know how Seungyoon does drug-dealing and all that stuff , right?”

“Ughh. You got involved in that business bro? I thought we were all going to try it at the same time.”

“What the hell?! Is he being serious right now?” Jiyong thought as he didn’t expect that kind of reaction from Taeyang.

“Oh sorry man but when Seungyoon does it..it seems so..” He pauses. “I just had to.”

“Don’t sweat it man! We’ve still got plenty of times. What is that you can’t walk bro!”

“How could you not tell me something like that? I’m your girlfriend. I think I should know if my boyfriend can walk or not, don’t you think?”

Jiyong looks at her confused.

“Sorry?”

Kiko rolls her eyes as she stood up and leaves.

“Is she gone? Can we finally talk about you and the ladies?” Seungri laughs.

“Eh..no chicks right now. Not recently that is. I’ve been in the hospital, remember?”

“What about that chick? The new girl. I heard her talking to our teacher about bringing you your homework.”

“Wait, you mean Taeyeon? The nerd? She visits you?!” An unfamiliar voice echoed as he laughs. “How ‘s that for a hot chick?”

“You guys…think she’s hot?”

“She can be. She just hangs with the wrong people and she’s way too smart.” Taeyang said as he chugs down a shot.

Jiyong kept silent.

“But of course you don’t see her that way.” Seungri chuckles. “You hate the girl.”

Jiyong fakes a small laugh.

“Of course, I practically can’t..stand her..”

 

 


 

SURPRISE! 

Oh my god, it's a while since i've updated here. 

I'm truly sorry to you guys for not being so active lately. 

School and work has been biting on my but I had time to sit down and update for you guys

since you guys have been so supportive of my story and i'm truly happy you guys are really enjoying it; I decided to post this.

 

A lot of drama is coming your way..hehe. 

GET READY! 

 

i'll probably post the next part this weekend. 

 

ENJOY ! 

 

LOVE YOU GUYS!