Nineteenth

Give Me Your Heart

Jiyong suddenly bursted out laughing as he couldn’t believe what he just said.

“Oh god, I just sounded like a chick for asking that.” He said as he covered his eyes in embarrassment.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes playfully as she laughs softly.

“No, you didn’t.”

“Thank you though.”

Jiyong looked up at the ceiling with a smile on his face.

“To be honest, I’m probably gonna fall asleep on you so don’t thank me just yet.” She warned as she yawned softly.

He chuckles then sighs.

“I can’t wait to go home tomorrow.”

“Home?...with your mother?”

“What?”

“Tiffany told me she went to go see Seungyoon today and..well..your mother was there.” She bit her bottom lip as she wasn’t sure this was the right time to talk about his mother.

Jiyong stays quiet.

“What’s on your mind Mr. Quiet?”

“I don’t know.” He sighs but smiles. “I was so excited to go home even start school again.” He stops as his smile fades. “There’s gonna be nothing but silence. That’s how it’s gonna be. Except when Dad would..” He pauses as he looks down, his whole face filled with sadness. “How am I suppose to handle her being here?”

“If I knew the answer to that, I’d tell you in a heartbeat.”

There was silence between the two.

“Taeyeon?”

“Mhm?” She softly said as her eyes were slowly closing.

He gulped as he nervously started to talk.

“Uhm..I-I never got the chance to thank you. You know, for-uhm-visiting me. You’re the only one who came beside Kiko and Seungyoon and whenever they come there’s no good that comes out of it.” He stops for a moment before he speaks again. “I’m so over the whole immature bullying thing and I don’t wanna be your enemy anymore.”

There was silence again.

“Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon softly snored as her fingers loosely were grabbing onto the phone.

Jiyong chuckles as he smiles as he can just imagine how cute she’d look.

“Good night and sweet dreams, Taeyeon.” He softly says before he hangs up.

 

The Next Morning 

 

Taeyeon slowly wakes up as she heard her alarm clock ringing like there’s no tomorrow. She groaned as she reached over to it and turned it off. She yawned as she sat up and notices her phone a few inches away from her. She rubs her eyes and grabs her phone as she looks at the screen.

Call Ended: 8 hours and 33 minutes.

She groans softly as she places her phone down on the bed before she jumps off her bed so she could get ready for school.

 


 

The nurse walks inside his room and starts to shake him so he can wake up.

“Excuse me sir, you have to wake up. You get to go home today.” She softly says.

Jiyong groans as he opens his eyes slightly, blinded from the bright light. He slowly sat up as he rubs his eyes.

The nurse smiles at him.

“Do you know who’s coming for you?”

That caught Jiyong’s attention. He turned to her, knowing no one’s coming for him.

His silence caught the nurse’s attention.

“No one is coming?” Her smile faded.

Suddenly, Taeyeon and Seunghyun walked in.

“Sorry we took so long.” She apologized to the nurse before she turned to Jiyong who had a shocked look on his face.

His lips curved into a smile at the sight of them two.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“Well..” Seunghyun started as he walked to Jiyong’ side and slammed his hand on his back which made Jiyong yelp in discomfort. “We’re taking you home, dude.” He laughs.

“OW!” Jiyong yelped yet he started to laugh. “Really?”

Seunghyun shrugged and looked at Taeyeon who was talking with the nurse.

“It was Taeyeon’s idea.”

Jiyong’s eyes widen as he turned to Taeyeon who was still talking to the nurse. Taeyeon felt eyes on her back as she turned to see Seunghyun and Jiyong looking at her. She looked at Jiyong who slowly gave her a genuine smile at her.

“Thank you Taeyeon.”

Before Taeyeon could say anything, Jiyong’s mom walks in.

“I’m sorry for being late.”

Seunghyun’s mouth drops as he looks at her.

“Mrs. Kwon?”

“Mom, what are you doing here?”

“I’m taking you home of course.”

Jiyong turned to Seunghyun and Taeyeon.

Taeyeon kept her eyes on Jiyong’s mother before turning to Seunghyun.

“We should go Seunghyun. I think she’s got it covered.”

Jiyong’s eyes widen as the nurse was helping onto the wheelchair.

“Wait.” He settles down and sighs before he turns to his mother. “If you don’t mind, I think I’d be more comfortable riding with them.”

She nods her head, a bit hurt but shook it off.

“Yeah, of course.” She says as she wraps her hands around her purse strap on her shoulder. “I’ll just see you at home then.” She looks at Seunghyun and Taeyeon before walking out.

Taeyeon turns to Jiyong.

“She’s beautiful.”

He smiles a bit.

“I know.”

Seunghyun stands behind Jiyong and takes both handle bars of the wheelchair.

“You’ve got a lot of explaining to do, my friend.” He hits Jiyong’s back once again which caused Jiyong to groan.

Jiyong rubbed his back as he chuckles.

“That’s twice bro. Cool it will you?” He laughs then a thought occurred. “Hey, aren’t you guys supposed to be in school?”

Seunghyun started to push Jiyong out of the room with Taeyeon following behind.

“Seo-Yeon allowed us to come and get you.”

“Seo-Yeon? You mean your mother?”

 

 


 

In the school halls, Seungyoon walked down the empty hall with slow steps; not caring if he was late as usual. He kept his head down as he in his own little world until he got slammed against the lockers by someone. He groaned as he looked up to see Taeyang in front of him. He looked at him confused.

“You got your own brother shot?!” He yelled at him.

Seungyoon’s eyes open wide at what Taeyang was saying.

“What?”

“Those drugs ed you up THAT much?! Do you not understand what we’re saying?” Seungri came from out of nowhere as he walked closer to Seungyoon.

Taeyang was already fed up with him as he holded him up against the locker with one hand.

“What you’re about to get is for getting our only chance against state SHOT!” He suddenly punched Seungyoon in the stomach continuously with his free fist.

Seungyoon groaned but after a while, he managed the pain as he was soon on the ground spitting out blood.

“Maybe this’ll teach you how to play with drugs.”

Tiffany walks out of the restroom as she was heading towards class but she noticed Seungyoon on the ground; surrounded by those jocks she hates so much.

“HEY!”

Taeyang watches Seungyoon on the ground once last time as he gave him a kick towards the stomach before he kneeled down to his level.

“Mess with him again and you’ll get it worse. We can assure you that.” He then stood up and walked off with his posse.

Tiffany ran towards Seungyoon as she kneeled down, placing his head on her lap.

“Are you okay?”

He tried to speak but blood would come out as he placed his hand against his stomach.

“I’m fine Tiff.”

“You’re not Seungyoon. Let’s go clean you up.” She says as she slowly stands up with him beside her as she takes him outside.

 


 

Seunghyun was driving while telling Jiyong everything that happened with Seo-Yeon and Taeyeon.

“..and now we’re starting over.” He looks at Taeyeon and smiles.

“That’s great.” Jiyong smiles. “I’m for you and I’m sorry about your parents though.”

“At least we’ve got Seo-Yeon. She’s basically our second mom.”

“But anyway, how do you feel?” Seunghyun asked as he looked at Jiyong.

“I don’t know. Every few minutes I attempt over and over again hopeful that they’ll move but..” He looks down at his legs. “..they just wont.”

Seunghyun looked forward again, still driving with a load of pity on his shoulders.

Taeyeon looked at Jiyong.

“Look at the Brightside, people have to carry things for you and you have every excuse to be late to class and leave early.” She smiles.

Jiyong looks at her and chuckles as he smiles.

“You always know just what to say.”

“It’s a gift.”

She laughs which made Jiyong laugh as well. She smiles before she turns around and looks out the window.

Seunghyun suddenly looks at the rearview mirror and notices Jiyong staring at Taeyeon who was too busy staring outside the window to noticed. He noticed Jiyong with a slight smile on his face. He then stopped the car in front of Jiyong’s house.

“Uh, Taeyeon; I’ll take care of taking him inside. You just stay here okay.”

Taeyeon nods as Seunghyun gets out of the car and helps Jiyong out of the car and into the wheelchair. Jiyong waves at Taeyeon bye as she did as well before Seunghyun took Jiyong to the front door.

“So, thanks bro for everything you’ve done. I really appreciate it.”

Seunghyun sighed and nodded.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course. You know you can ask me anything bro. What’s up?”

“Have you and Taeyeon been in contact? How did she know about your mother?”

Jiyong looks down and sighs.

“Jiyong..”

“She basically tutored me while I was in the hospital.”

“You don’t tell your “tutor” those kinds of things. Are you sure that’s all she is to you?”

“Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?”

“’Cause I saw the way you looks at her in the car. You normally don’t look at a chick like that. Come to think of it, you’ve never looked at a girl like that.”

“Like what?”

“You’re falling for her and you don’t even know it.”

“Woah what? No. I bullied her remember? I don’t fall for girls. I hook up with them. I haven’t even fallen for my own girlfriend and we’ve been dating for a year so how can I be falling for a complete stranger?”

“But you’ve spent so much time with her. I’m just—“

“I don’t like her that way, okay?”

Jiyong felt unsure after he said that.

“Alright then.” He pauses when the thought of her HIV crosses his mind. “You wouldn’t want to fall for her anyway.”

That caught Jiyong’s attention.

“Why not?”

Seunghyun sighed before he turned to look at Taeyeon who was sitting in the car, waiting.

“I mean, she’s a beautiful girl but there’s more to her than she shows.”

Jiyong stays quiet before he turned to look at Taeyeon as well.

“Plus, she’s like..my little sister now so if you or ANY OTHER guy ever hurt her, I’d kill you. She’s not one to play with. She’s gone through so much..I can’t see her hurt anymore.”

“I wouldn’t hurt her.” Jiyong says quietly.

Seunghyun didn’t hear Jiyong as he turned to face him.

“We’ve gotta get to school. I’ll see you tomorrow? I’ll stop by and pick you up.”

Jiyong focuses his attention back on Seunghyun and nods.

“Yeah, thanks man.”

Seunghyun waves at Jiyong as he walks back to his car and drove off. Jiyong sighed as he rang the doorbell, soon being welcomed by his mother and having her push him inside.

Jiyong felt weird as he looked around his house. The memories of his father beating him over and over again as his eyes roamed the house. He started to become uncomfortable, closing his eyes as he tries to forget about it all.

“Jiyong, there’s something I need to tell you boys. As well as Teddy, whenever he gets the chance to call from New Jersey.”

Jiyong turns the heels on his wheelchair , moving him closer to her.

“What is it? Just tell me.”

“I’d prefer to wait for Seungyoon to get home and tell you both at the same time.”

“Mom, what is it? What’s going on?”

“I have a family.”

“You—what?”

“I have a husband now. We have a four year old daughter.” She smiles softly. “You have a little sister, Jiyong.”

He kept his head down before he looked at her with hatred in his eyes.

“How could you?”

 


 

Seungyoon leans against the wall with Tiffany as he looks around, never seeing this place before.

“What is this place?”

Tiffany looked in a first aid kit as she was looking for something.

“I found this place with Yoona. We called it our secret hiding spot.” She smiled to herself.

“Very original name.” He chuckled but groaned afterwards.

Tiffany groaned as she kept looking for something.

“Ugh, it has to be around here somewhere.”

“What are you looking for?” He softly says as he takes his hand out from under his shirt, noticing the spots of blood as he ignores the pain.

“It’s a-FOUND IT!” She turned to Seungyoon and lifted his shirt up, revealing a few bleeding scrapes and what would soon be bruises. She sighs as she started to spread treatment on the wound. “Why did Taeyang and Seungri did this to you?”

“They said that I got Jiyong shot.”

“Idiots.” She laughs.

Seungyoon chuckles.

“Taeyeon texted me during class. She and Seunghyun were taking him home.”

Seungyoon suddenly pushed her hand slightly away as the wound started to burn.

“I think that’s enough..”

She rolls her eyes. “Baby.” She thought to herself as she places a huge cloth on the wound alongside with a wrap around his stomach. She then started to clean everything up before she leaned against the wall beside Seungyoon as she lets out a deep breath.

“What?”

Tiffany showed Seungyoon a bracelet that she was wearing.

“This belong to her.”

He nodded as he looked around at the branches and plants that were around them.

Tiffany watched Seungyoon before she looked down at her fingers but then she felt him gripping on to them. She gasped as she looked at him.

“You’re not alone in this Tiff. I’m here.” He softly said, avoiding eye contact.

“No drugs?” She joked which caused his to smile.

“No drugs.”

She smiles and rests her head on top of his shoulder as he rested his head slightly on top of hers.

“This feels like old times.” She suddenly said, missing Seungyoon and how they used to be.

“Yeah it does.”

He looks down at her who had her eyes closed. His lips curved into a small smile as pecked her head before leaning closer to her.

“How I’ve missed you Tiff.”

 


 

“Seunghyun?” Taeyeon softly says as she looks at him who was driving them back home.

“Yeah?”

“What happened with you and Tiff?”

He stays silent.

“I’m sorry. If it’s too early to talk about it—“

“We grew apart.”

“Why?”

He sighs.

“I became popular. I’m not gonna lie. It got to my head.”

“What do you mean?”

“I wouldn’t take her out anymore ‘cause it would be from party to party. I would cheat on her over and over again. She knew it too. She didn’t break up with me though. She wouldn’t.”

“So how’d it end?”

“I ended it. I’m not gonna blame it on him ‘cause it was my choice to listen to him. Jiyong kept pressuring me to dump her and so I did. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do.”

“You still care about her though, right?”

“It doesn’t matter. I’ve still got my popularity.”

Seunghyun stopped at a red light as he looks at Taeyeon.

“Plus, it’s not like she’d ever give me the time of day.”

“Why don’t you forget the popularity and do what you happy? Fight for her.”

He sighs and looks forward again.

“She won’t even look at me.”

“It doesn’t mean she doesn’t have feelings for you anymore. Trust me, I would know. I’m with her all the time and whenever you or your name comes around, she just freezes and zones out.”

Before he could say anything, the light changes to green and he continues to drive as he kept quiet.

Taeyeon turns to look out the window and mumbles.

“You people and your egos. It’s the only thing stopping you from being happy.”

 

 


 

SURPRISE! 

UPDATING TIME! <3

I finally got back from my trip with my family and damn was it some crazy ride LOL

anyway, I'm back and I'll try to update regularly now. hehe. 

hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as i did. 

Seems like Tiffany might be in a little love triangle hehe.

Are you guys on Team Seunghyun or Team Seungyoon? 

XD 

comment your feedback baes, i love reading your comments. They make my day even brighter! 

AND....

YOU GUYS ARE SO AMAZING. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! *MUAH*

 

 

bai my lovely readers, i love you guys!