Five

Give Me Your Heart

Taeyeon looked down all of sudden at what Jiyong just told her.

“That made you uncomfortable, didn’t it?” He figured since she hadn’t said anything.

She quickly looks back up at him as she shook her head.

“No, not at all. It’s just..”

“What?” He asked her, curious about what she’s gonna say.

“When you’re drunk, you’re a whole other person.” She softly said while she looked down at her fingers, nervous about what he’ll say.

He looks away, not saying anything.

“You’re nothing like what you are at school. You’re actually..nice.” She continued, trying to make sense to why she’s saying this to him.

He suddenly tries to stand up.

“We should head back to the party.” He blurted out.

She quickly grabs onto his arm to keep him from falling over and stands up as well.

“I should take you home. If we go back to that party, you’ll only get pressured into drinking some more. It could be dangerous.”  

He jerks his arm away from her.

“Going home would be more dangerous than going back to the party.” He spat at her.

“Jiyong, maybe..”

“Just go, okay?! I can take it from here. I’m fine.”

“You’re not fine. You’re..” She got interrupted again.

“..going back to that party.” He starts to walk away with his hands in his pockets.

Taeyeon watches him go back into the house with the loud music as she shook her head and starts walking home. As she was walking, she looked down on her feet. It was always a habit to her since she was really little. She sighed as she made her way home, hoping that Dae and Seo-Yeon won’t find out that she’s gone.

 

 

Kiko notices Jiyong walking towards them, she glares at him as she walked towards him.

“Where’d you go?! Everyone was saying you ditched me!” She yelled at him, mad.

“Sorry, I wanted to get some fresh air.” He sighed, not wanting to deal with her .

Kiko wrapped her arms around his neck and smiles at him.

“You wanna come back to my place tonight?” She whispered in his ear.

“I can’t. I gotta get home soon.”

“Why? Your dad wouldn’t mind. He loves me.” She flashed him a flirty smile.

“He also doesn’t know I’m here.” He takes her arms off and walks away.

Seunghyun had been laughing most of the party and saw Jiyong.

“You just missed the funniest thing dude!”

“You can’t drive me home like that.” He sighs.

“Like what? Psh, I’m totally fine!” He laughs hysterically as he wrapped his arm around Jiyong’s neck.

Jiyong sighed as he was about to walk away but got pulled back.

Taeyang grabs onto Jiyong’s arm.

“Dude, you can’t leave without trying this drink! It’s totally awesome!”

Jiyong looks at the drink then at Taeyang, shaking his head.

“I can’t. I’ve had enough for one night.”

“Looks like someone’s a little chicken.” Seungri laughs.

Jiyong glares at him as he watches everyone laughing at him.

“Seriously guys, stop.”

“What’s so wrong about it? It makes you feel better, so it can’t possibly be so horrible.” Seunghyun said as he slurred his words.

Taeyang grabs Jiyong’s hand and gives him the drink.

Everyone starts chanting.

“DO IT ! DO IT ! DO IT!”

Jiyong sighed as he takes a deep breath before gulping it all down.

 

 

Tiffany walks over to Yoona sitting down. She sits beside her.

“How long have you been sitting here?!”

“Since I went around looking for Seungyoon and couldn’t find him.” She sighed, feeling sad that she didn’t see him around.

“Yoona, look around you. There are tons of guys here that you can talk to. Why do you insist on wasting your time on a guy who won’t even give you the time of day?! I’m sorry but both you and I know Seungyoon isn’t going to change anytime soon. You’ve gotta forget about him.” Tiffany tried to explain to Yoona to forget about Seungyoon. He wasn’t going to change. She knew that he wasn’t.

Yoona looked at her, knowing she’s right but is too stubborn to listen to her.

“You should take your own advice considering you were staring at Seunghyun half the night.”

Tiffany was taken back as she looked down.

“That’s different..”

Yoona shook her head and stands up.

“Can we just find Taeyeon and go home?”

Tiffany nodded and sighed.

After running around the whole house, they had no such luck of finding Taeyeon which worried them both.

“Any luck?” Yoona looked at Tiffany who was coming from checking all the rooms.

“I’ve looked around this whole house. She’s no where!” Tiffany exclaimed, so worried.

“She probably already went home. Let’s just go.” Yoona sighed, wanting to get out of this place.

 

 

Jiyong checked the time, reading it was four in the morning. He tries to open the door slowly but it makes a squeaky sound. He hurries in, relieved his dad didn’t hear. He quietly shuts the door and grabs onto the railing of the stairs to keep him from falling over.

The lights suddenly .

His father mockingly started to clap as Jiyong turned around to see him.

“Great entrance. You walk in at four in the morning, drunk after sneaking out.”

“Me? Drunk?” He slurred his words before he blurted out laughing.

“I’m glad you find this funny.” He starts walking towards Jiyong while clenching his hands into fists.

Jiyong took a deep breath as he looked at his father.

“You know what? I’m GLAD that I’m drunk.” He paused after slurring his words again. “it gives me the courage to tell you that I’m sick of this ! Just because mom walked out on us, you’re miserable and you like to take it out on me!”

He punched Jiyong hard in the face, angry at what he just told him.

“How dare you come in here with no respect for me?!” He shouted at Jiyong who was in the stairs, laughing.

“Respect?! You want respect for beating me?!” He continued to laugh.

His father couldn’t handle it as he started to kick Jiyong in his stomach several times.

“I’m gonna make you regret-“

“-of ever being born? I already regret it. I’d rather DIE than have to take another minute of this bull.” Jiyong interrupted him.

His father had enough of Jiyong’s words as he soon started to beat him some more. Worse than ever.

Seungyoon woke up to the sound of the hard punches and kicks, as well the sound of Jiyong weeping for help. He couldn’t stand the sound anymore so he quickly grabbed his ipod from the nightstand next to him and started to blast the music in his ears while his tears streamed down his cheeks.

 

That weekend went by quick to Taeyeon. To Jiyong, not so much.

 

Taeyeon stood in front of her locker, getting her books for her class as she noticed Seungyoon walking into school as he observed him. Black sweater with his hoodie up, walking as usual; looking straight ahead while looking at his feet. She obviously paid no mind to him but expected to see Jiyong walk in after him.  She shook her head, not understanding why she’s like this. She sighed as she closed her locker, jumping a bit from Sehun who was leaning against the locker beside her.

“Sehun! You scared me!” She said while placing her hand on her heart that was racing.

Sehun chuckled as he messed with her hair.

“I’ve been standing here for the past five minutes and you barely see me, clumsy.” He laughed which made Taeyeon blush. “I feel offended.”

“Sorry Sehun, I didn’t mean to. It’s just..” She started to explain but was stopped by Sehun placing his finger on her lips.

Taeyeon’s eyes widen as she looks at him.

He gave her a small smile as he pulls his finger away from her, winking at her.

“Let’s get to class.” He said before gripping on her wrist, dragging her to class.

“Hey! I can walk to my class on my own!” She exclaimed, shocked at his actions.

Sehun smiled to himself.

 

 

Seungyoon suddenly bumps into someone.

“Hey, watch it!” He spat.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you.” Yoona said as she looked at him.

Tiffany scoffed.

“You were facing the other way! If anyone should apologize, it should be him. Not you, Yoona.”

He shakes his head before walking away.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, annoyed.

“He’s seriously pushing my buttons.”

 

 

During class, everyone got in their seats as their teacher was calling attendance.

“Kwon Jiyong?” She asked as she looked around for him.

Taeyeon looked at Jiyong’s empty seat before turning back to the teacher, wondering why he didn’t show up.

 “I wonder why he didn’t show up..” She thought.

 

That week went  by in the blink of an eye. Taeyeon was relieved but worried about Jiyong since he hadn’t come to school all that week. It worried her which confused her.

 

Taeyeon arrived home as she puts her backpack down. She walks over to the fridge and grabs a water bottle but then it got taken away by Dae who was sticking his tongue at her. She giggled at his silly’s behavior.

“Dae! Give it back!” She whined as she tried to get the water back but he was too fast for her. “DAE!”

Dae laughed as he started to run around the kitchen, away from her.

“C’mon Tae! Slow poke!” He laughed at her.

Seunghyun walked into the kitchen on his phone.

“You’ve been absent all week dude! I haven’t seen you since the night of the party. Dude, are you sure you’re alright? If something’s going on, you know that you can tell me. Did your dad..”

Dae and Tae looked at each other as they both sneaked out of the kitchen, hoping that Seunghyun wouldn’t notice.

“Don’t worry about it, man. I just need the homework. I can’t fail. Dad will kill me.” Jiyong said thru the phone.

“He’s practically already killing you, Jiyong! You don’t show up to school for a whole week and you expect me not to worry about it? If your dad is beating you again, just stay here for a while. Let him cool down.”  Seunghyun sighed as he felt terrible about what his best friend is dealing with.

 

 

Seungyoon was sitting on his bed, leaning against the wall while listening to his ipod.

“Why are you still using that old thing? You have my brand new on in my room.” Teddy said as he watched his younger brother.

Seungyoon didn’t hear him.

Teddy sighs as he looks at him.

“You always did zone out when you put those headphones to your ears.”

Seungyoon saw something moving from the corner of his eye. He paused his music and looked around.

“It’s about time.” Teddy groaned in relief.

Seungyoon automatically gets tears in his eyes.

“Teddy?..” He whispered.

“So this is how you live your life now?” He pauses as he picks up a needle. “You inject yourself with drugs?”

Seungyoon looks down, holding back his tears.

“I can’t do this anymore…”

“So you’re killing yourself by doing drugs?! You think you’ve got it bad? Have you taken a look at Jiyong? He has it so much worse than you. He gets BEATEN, Seungyoon. By our own dad! How do you think he feels? And on top of that, he’s lost not one but two brothers!”

“What do you want me to do?!” He starts to cry. “if I attempt to help him, dad will only beat me too!”

“And I thought I knew you better than to only think about yourself, Seungyoon.” He shakes his head and starts to fade away.

“Teddy, wait!” He shouted but it was too late.

 

 

Jiyong puts Seunghyun in speaker as he spread treatment on his cuts on his stomach. He flinches for a bit. He sighs deeply.

“Seunghyun, you don’t get it. I can’t just keep running away from him my whole life. For what? To then come back and take some more? It’s always the same routine.”

Seunghyun pauses for a bit before speaking out.

“Go to the police.”

“I can’t. I won’t. He’s my dad. I can’t do that to him.”

“But look what he does to you! He deserves it!”

Before Jiyong could talk, he hears footsteps getting louder.

“I’ve gotta go!” He quickly hangs up, sees the door slowly opening.

As bad as it hurts, he sits up as he waits for his dad to walk in.

Seungyoon awkwardly walking in with a icepack in his hand.

“I..thought this could help.” He holds it out for Jiyong.

Even thought he already had one, he didn’t wanna miss out a opportunity to finally talk to Seungyoon again, even just for a little bit. He missed him. He slowly takes it from him.

“Um…thank you.” He slowly puts it against his stomach and lies down again.

Seungyoon avoids eye contact.

“I don’t think you should stay here for a while. You should go somewhere you’d be safe.” He awkwardly suggested.

Jiyong faces up, staring at the ceiling; knowing that Seungyoon was right.

“But go where? If dad finds out, he’d…” His voice drifts off and he sits up, looking at his little brother. “I have nowhere to go where he won’t find me. And I don’t have any money to stay at a hotel.”

“What about Seunghyun’s house?” Seungyoon suggested.

“He’d go look for me there. He’s not that stupid.”

“I can…uh, I can cover for you..if you want.”

 

 

Taeyeon walks into the living room and stands in front of Seunghyun.

He looks up at her, annoyed.

“What?”

“Um, do you know what’s wrong with Jiyong?” She awkwardly asks.

“Why do you care?” He asks, wondering why she’s asking him about Jiyong.

“Who said I cared? I’m just asking since he hasn’t been in school for the past week.” She spat, defensive.

“That’s none of your business.” He stands up and walks into the kitchen.

Taeyeon sighs as she follows him.

“Why didn’t he accept the offer of staying here?”

Seunghyun looked at her, furious.

“You were listening to my conversation?!”

Taeyeon gulped softly as she realized that she’s in trouble.

“Oh ..” She thought.

 


 

OH ! TAEYEON, YOU IN TROUBLE. O_O

HAHA ; TA-DA! SURPRISE!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter ; tell me your thoughts. 

I'm planning on making a marathon of my stories this weekend ; but we'll see.

Since i'm gonna be out of town next month, i won't be able to update regularly but we'll see what happens.

baiiiii :))