Sign from Underground

How To Be Aphrodite's Son-In-Law

Jungkook's arrival was amazing and dangerous at the same time. Every God's child has their own destiny, we don't know if it is good or bad. When the Oracle says someone has to die, then someone will die in any excuses. The Oracle often says in her prophecy that someone will die, and she is always right. Lucky, she didn't mention about death on her last prophecy.
 

Jungkook stays only about a day in camp half-blood, but he electrified people and brought a gorgon to the camp. The situation is too dangerous and everything is very sudden. Zeus's weather, the prophecy, Jungkook's arrival, they came one by one and forming an enigma.
 

Taehyung lie down on his favourite throne chair, it's a gift from Zeus. Everyone has their own gifts from their God parent, but only Taehyung who has a great chair like a king. He deserved something like that because he is son of Zeus, his father is King of God. Taehyung stares at stars that sparkle in the night sky. He tried to sleep, but since Jungkook must sleep at Taehyung's place--because it's too dangerous if Jungkook stays alone on Aphrodite's house, Taehyung's heart never stop pounding and ended with no sleep at all. Dionysus doesn't trust another Aphrodite's children because they are not as strong as... at least Apollo's children. So Mr. D chose Taehyung as Jungkook's guardian.
 

Taehyung is staring at the sky, he actually doesn't really care about the stars, but when he looks at the sky, it feels like he is talking with his father. Yes, his father is God of sky too. Everytime he looks at the sky for a long time, he gets power inside his body and feels calm.
 

"Dad, I wish we can meet again someday." Taehyung chatters to the night sky. "Dad, the prophecy that the Oracle said...... I'm worrying about it."
 

Taehyung gets up and crosses legs, he looks up, "I miss Kris so much, I wish he could stay here for a long time. Why you took him to do that super hero's duty?" asks Taehyung. "Next month is mom's birthday, would you come and join us?"
 

"I thought you were asleep." someone interrupts Taehyung.
 

"Oh? Jungkook? I thought you were asleep." Taehyung becomes nervous, Jungkook gives a smile for him so that Taehyung doesn't feel awkward to be beside Jungkook.
 

"I'm awake." Jungkook approaches Taehyung.
 

"Sit down!" Taehyung moves a little bit to give space.
 

"I thought your father will angry if someone sits on your chair."
 

"Come on, Zeus doesn't bother trivias." Taehyung smiles, then Jungkook feels more confident to sit next to Taehyung.
 

"I'm sorry." Jungkook downs his head.
 

"For what?"
 

"I heard your conversation with your dad."
 

"Nevermind, it wasn't a conversation anyway." Taehyung laughs.
 

"Does every half-blood has their own way to communicate with their God parents?" asks Jungkook curiously.
 

"Well," Taehyung palms his hand, "you can say it as a communication way. But actually it's not only a communication, it's our strenght."
 

Jungkook nods, shows that he understands about what Taehyung said.
 

"I look at the sky because I feel my father's existence there. Hoseok stays near water because his father is Poseidon. Namjoon's father is Hades, he often stays at....... cemetery? I don't know." Taehyung is like telling a story to Jungkook and he likes it.
 

"Now I know why Zeus is the ruler of Olympus and God of the Gods." says Jungkook.
 

"Why?"
 

"He is God of sky, sky has no limit." Jungkook looks at Taehyung.
 

Taehyung looks at Jungkook back, "this is your first day as an official half-blood, but you are smarter than me. You deserve to be Athena's son." 
 

Jungkook shakes head, "I prefer Aphrodite than others."


"Yeah, everyone will say the same thing." Taehyung understands what Jungkook means.
 

Jungkook looks up and sighs, "I miss my mom, I wonder where she is."
 

"Me too. I miss my father too." Taehyung gives his warmest smile so that Jungkook won't feel sad again about his mother. "Maybe your mother is now in Olympus."
 

"I thought I were the only child, but actually have many brothers and sisters in this world."
 

"Me too. The first time when dad left us, I thought he was playing and cheating here and there, he was a big jerk. But then I knew he ins't an usual guy. You know what? Your mother is my dad's daughter, so let's say you are my niece." tells Taehyung like a story,

Jungkook laughs and agreed at the same time. They know they can't do anything else except dedicate themselves to God.
 

"I'm sorry."
 

"What again?"
 

"I make you sleep on the floor."
 

"Floor is not a big deal. Zeus stung me with his thunder bolt, you know?" Taehyung makes a calm and cute face.
 

"Why?"
 

"I wanted to touch his thunderbolt, but ended up he cursed me with that stuff." Taehyung and Jungkook laugh together. They enjoy the night sky with sprinkles of stars tonight, happy like brother and sister, there no awkward feeling between them anymore, they just like to spend the night, just both of them.
 

*
 

*
 

*
 

Taehyung sees giant canines lined up like huge gate, it's bigger than whale's teeth, it's more scary than dinosaur, Taehyung can't describe his feeling, considers it as a ghost kingdom. It's cold and dark there, purple sky wraps that place, Taehyung sees orange light--no, it is not light, it's fire and hot lava. Flames are spurting from underground, cliffs made of sekeleton and rotten stone. Taehyung ingests his saliva, he hears scary screaming and cries from every corner.
 

"KIM TAEHYUNG!" someone screams and calls his name. Taehyung gasps, he tries to find the source of the scream. "KIM TAEHYUNG

HELP ME!" someone shrills again. Taehyung panics and run through the giant canine gate. He looks at left and right, but there is no one.
 

"KIM TAEHYUNG!!!!" The voice becomes louder. More the voice loud, more it's getting creepy. But Taehyung gets curious about someone who called his name, he feels like he knows the voice, it's really familiar. 
 

Taehyung runs more faster than before, it looks like the kingdom has no end. He runs deeper and deeper.
 

"WHOA!" Taehyung stops and slips, lucky he can control his legs faster than he thought. Taehyung almost fall into ravine, it's not a usual ravine, it's a super wide and deep ravine flooded with lava. Now he knows where the flames spurting from. The ravine is not a big deal after he sees spirits are flying in and out the ravine. They are not human spirits, they are monsters and Gods that being tortured. Taehyung's face filled with sweat, he knows this place. "Oh no." Taehyung almost faint.
 

"Kim Taehyung." loud heavy scary voice calls him, Taehyung turns to find the voice.
 

"Where am I?!" shouts Taehyung.
 

A giant head with two horns suddenly appears behind mist, its eyes are red. Shadow increasingly looks clear, Taehyung has to prepare his sword in his hand. The head is now has its body, and then its legs legs until foots, the final shape of that creature is a giant human with bull head. He looks like fifty-meters-high demon.
 

Taehyung recognize him, blood in his veins suddenly stop moving and freeze in his throat.
 

"Tartarus......." says Taehyung unbelievable. Taehyung realize Tartarus isn't standing alone, he is with someone, he is holding someone, Jungkook is in his arm, he looks really weak and dying. "LET HIM GO!" Taehyung shouts although it's useless.


The Tartarus laughs evil, "you want him, son? Take him."


"I SAID LET HIM GO!"

Tartarus laughs again, "I will. But let me see how much strength and brave you are." Tartarus crushes Jungkook in his arm and Jungkook disappears. Taehyung's heart falls down, anger and revenge blind him, he runs as fast as he can and tries to stab Tartarus wherever he get the spot. But before he hits the those giant toes, Tartarus kicks Taehyung and he falls into the ravine.


Taehyung opens his eyes to make sure that he is dead, but he sees Zeus's house ceiling and some half-blood faces.


Taehyung takes heavy breathe.


"Bro are you okay?" asks Suga while laugh.


"Wow he is sweating." says Jackson.


"Hey Jungkook, do you know what happen to him? You are with him the whole night."


"I don't know, I've tried to wake him up but he didn't awake." Taehyung hears Jungkook's creeps voice.


"Tell us what happen bro!" Suga gets closer to Taehyung's face.


"Huh? What?"


"Let him breathe for a moment." says Jackson and leaves them, Suga smiles and follows Jackson. Now there is only Jungkook left.


"Uhh... I'll go and let you take some rest." Jungkook walks away, but Taehyung holds his step.


"Jungkook-ah, are you okay?!"


"What? I'm... totally fine." Jungkook seems confuse.


"But someone brought you to Tartarus."


"What?!"


- Tbc -