Just Like The Fireflies.

Timeless *Editing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

9. Just Like The Fireflies.

 

 

 

 

We gathered the rest of the men. The number of deaths was a real disaster. There was bodies everywhere, scattered all around. I helped Xiumin to go to his horse. Another man came and helped him. He couldn’t ride his horse all by himself so another man had to come with him. I walked back to Yixing’s horse and climbed with him. I felt , as usual, his embrace around me but I felt it more protective. I felt like he wanted to protect me from everything around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We walked for 3 more hours , until the sun came down. Some men unfortunately died during this short period of time. Even Xiumin had a hard time arriving into his own home land. We arrived finally into the village and walked until we arrived at an old farm. The farm was quite big but the house itself was quite modest. Just big enough for the men left. When Yixing helped me go down the horse , I looked at him. “ Why here? “ I asked curious. He smiled to me. “ It’s the home I grew up in. My parent died long ago but my uncle still lives in it. “ He said taking my hand and leading me to the door. Without knocking , he entered the house , followed by me and some men. We walked fully into the old house and Yixing looked at his men. “ Install the men hurt into the bedrooms. We will stay here a day or two , to get some rest. “ He said to his men then he looked at me. “ Come with me. “ He hold my hand closer and leaded me to the garden.

 

 

 

 

The garden was quite big and we saw an old man working on the land a bit further.” Uncle! “ Yixing shouted and the man looked up. He smiled when he saw us and walked closer. He smiled until he finally arrived in front of us. When he saw our hands cuddled together his smile faded away. His uncle frowned at him, completely lost.

 

 

 

 

Yixing noticed that and quickly let go of my hand. I looked at him confused and sadly brought my hands together. I looked down to the ground as the old man was judging me. I didn’t quite understand why. Yixing looked at his uncle. “ We have been attacked.” He simply said. His uncle was still looking at me. “ How many lost? “ He asked Yixing.

 

 

 

 

Yixing sighed. “ Half of them. We will stay here until we can fully recover. Some of them are badly injured. Even Xiumin. “ He added and his uncle looked at him. “ I will prepare some food. Go and take care of your men.” He said making his way to the house. He was so rude. I looked at Yixing. He bit his lip. “ Don’t mind him.” He simply said and tried to take back my hand but I kept it away. “ I will go check on the men. “ I said looking at him , hurt.

 

 

 

I walked back into the house. It did hurt me to see how easily he let go of my hand. Was the judgement of others this important to him? I sighed mentally as I reached bedroom after bedroom to check on each men to see how they were doing.

 

 

 

 

I finally reached the bedroom of Xiumin and entered. Yixing’s uncle had asked to the local doctor to pass and take a look at the men. The doctor walked out of the room as I walked in. I looked at him and he smiled at me. “ Do you feel  better? “I asked him and he smiled. I walked closer and sat on the ground next to him. “ I do… Thank you . “ He said and I smiled.

 

 

 

 

 “ No need to thank me. I tried my best for healing you but you are the one who saved my life. “ I said smiling shyly to him. “ I realized you were right. If you haven’t followed me , I would have been kidnapped. You followed me even if you were hurt and you could have died… I own you a big time for that. “ I smiled and raised but , again, he held on my wrist. I looked at him surprised.

 

 

 

 

“ The only thing you own me is a chance. I really want to prove you that I am also worth your attention. “ He said looking straight into my eyes. “ Xiumin… “ I tried to say. “ Please. I would do that thousands of times if it could give me only one chance to conquer your heart , butterfly. “ He was more than serious and I cracked a small smile. It was cute , I had to admit it. I sighed. “ I will bring you your supper. “ I said heading downstairs.

 

 

 

 

Some men, still able to walk, were eating together in the main room. I walked pass them and looked at them. “ Is there any food left? “ I asked them. A man looked at me. “ There is some in the kitchen I think. “ He said and I smiled to him. I walked toward the kitchen , were the doors were closed. I was about to open them when I heard my name. I stopped and hided myself against the nearest wall.

 

 

 

 

“ Meiying is different , uncle. If only you knew how perfect she is… “ Yixing said. I smiled as I heard him say. His uncle sighed. “ That’s not the point , Yixing… You know it’s prohibited. You are the General of the Royal Army ! You can’t be against the rules yourself. What the Emperor will think when he will know? “ His uncle said. I heard the noise of someone rising. “ The Emperor do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter