The Prophecy.

Timeless *Editing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

13. The Prophecy.

 

 

 

The gardens of this palace are the most beautiful one I ever saw. It is quite hard to defeat that. With a warm but surprisingly agreeable breeze coming caressing my face, I was waiting for the Emperor to show up where his servant asked me to wait. I was between huge and impressive threes that provided me just enough shadow to cool down a little on this surprisingly hot afternoon.

 

 

 

I lost my gaze on a bird that was flying in circular motion in the sky. How I wish I could be just like that bird , free to fly , free to live my life how I want …with who I want. My night have been full of Yixing. He was literally the only thing my eyes could see and my mind could think of. I sat on the little rock bench put under the three and placed my dress to be as flawless as possible. I had to be, supposedly , flawless for the Emperor. As my mind was working over time , I heard someone coughing.

 

 

 

My eyes grew wide open as I watched over my shoulder. I immediately raised and bent on my knee in front of the Emperor. “ I am sorry your Highness, I was lost in my thoughts. “ I said and I heard him laughed. For an Emperor supposed to be serious , he was quite light-hearted. I cracked a small smile and looked at him as I took the hand he was offering me to raise. “ Don’t worry , sweet blooming flower. I just arrived. “ He smiled widely at me. 

 

 

 

He kept my hand in his as he started to make his way in the endless garden he owned. I instantly followed him. “ Why your Highness wanted to take a walk ? “ I risked myself to ask him. He had his other hand in his back and kept a really great posture as we walked. “ I wanted to spent some time with my new wife. There will be a big ceremony tonight to celebrate your venue in this big family. If my doctors finally agree, I should be able to honor you by tonight or tomorrow.” He said with a proud smile. I was terrified from the inside but I surely couldn’t let it show from the outside.

 

 

 

“ I am glad to hear that, you Majesty. “ I said bowing a little to show him my supposed gratitude. He laughed lightly to my action. “Call me GaoZong, little flower. You make me feel so old.” He said as we arrived near to a little river. I lost my gaze in it.

 

 

 

“ Tell me more about you, my sweet little bird. “ He said and it suddenly got my out of my intense thinking mode. I cleared my throat. What could I tell him? Surely not the truth and I had to match the other version I told the Empress so I stayed with this story. “ I was the daughter of a servant. The servant of the General who brought me here. I never really knew my father since he always worked. I don’t have any siblings and I grew up working as servant to this man, along with my mother and my grandparents. “I lied. Well, I partly lied. I pleased myself by introducing some things from my actual life.

 

 

 

He listened to me carefully and nodded. “ You said you never had the chance to get married. Wasn’t there any man intelligent enough to see all your potential? “ He asked me and I coughed from the sudden tension. I couldn’t tell him the truth on this case , either.  “ I met a boy but I guess we just wasn’t meant to be. I guess it was a sight I would find someone else better later on in my life. “ I said looking at him. He smiled proudly, probably thinking he was the one I was talking about but I knew better who the person really was. My Yixing.

 

 

 

We raised and continued to walk for a great part of the afternoon. I must admit he was quite a gentleman. As much as I was trying to , I couldn’t bring myself to comepletly hate him. I was looking at him like if he was the big brother I never had. He seemed so protective and I felt like he was also the type of dad I never had. Not that I wanted my dad to desire me but I never had a dad who wanted to spent this much time with me, who wanted to know what was going on in my life … To be brief , he was a nice man who seemed to be really protective and caring and I kind of liked that this way.

 

 

 

At the end of the after noon , when the sun started to come down , we decided to come back home. I must admit I had a great time talking with the actual Emperor. He was such an adorable person. “ I am glad I finaly had the chance to learn more about you , sweet little flower.. “ He said caressing my cheek and I smiled shyly. “ I am also , your High.. I mean GaoZong.. “ He smiled when he heard me saying his name. “ You say it like if it was a spell. “ He said as he came closer. I froze. Of course he was a sweet man and I felt I became closer to him after today but not that… not like that. I closed my eyes. If I try to focus on Yixing’s face maybe it won’t be this painful. He simply chuckled and kissed my forehead. “  Go explore more, there is a lot to discover still. I will get change. I guess I will see you later on today, empress of hearts. “ I smiled shyly to him making my own cheek raise into a cute dimple.

 

 

 

As he turned to walk away he saw someone and smiled. “ Yixing. I hoped to found you. Would you be kind enough to make the Royal Concubine visit the rest of the palace before the ceremony? The poor child couldn’t go really far with me and my fragile health. “ He said with a touch of humor. My gaze went directly to the man who stole my heart.

 

 

 

He was there , in his usual armor , looking at me while nodding to whatever the Emperor might say. I smiled to him and he smirked lightly , only for me to see. Strangely enough , I found some satisfaction to live those hidden moments with him. “ No problem , your majesty , I will show her around and bring her safe and sound for the ceremony. “ He said to he Emperor while bowing.

 

 

 

“ Thank you , Yixing. “ He said as he patted his shoulder and looked at me. “ See you later , my young heart. “ I nodded and he smiled to me and walked away. I waited without moving until Yixing judged he was far enough to come closer. He offered me his arm and I accepted it. We started to walk and I looked at him. It wasn’t before we reached a row of many threes that he pushed me lightly behind one and looked at me with the usual loving gaze he used to make each time our eyes met.

 

 

 

“ You are stunningly beautiful ,today. “ He said in my ear and slowly came to kiss my neck. I closed my eyes and smiled when I felt his hot lips caressing my bare neck skin. I felt one of his hand going behind my back and pulling me closer. “ I missed you , my Meiying. “ He said smiling and I looked at him. I came closer to him and he gently cupped my neck and cheek to pull me to his adorable and kissable lips.

 

 

 

The chances of getting caught were big but it made it just more exciting. It was thrilling to feel the our love mixed with the danger. It made me feel more alive. He kissed my lips like there were his and only his. Because he knew they were. I couldn’t do anything else than surrender and let him possess it completely. Those moments were rare unique and magical. So special that I had to enjoy each second of them.

 

 

 

We were living a dangerous kind of love. A thrilling and almost killing kind of passion that would sign our death if ever someone would came

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter