The Only Way To Be Safe.

Timeless *Editing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 3. The Only Way To Be Safe.

 

 

I barely opened my eyes that I heard some whispering around the room I was in. “ Do you think she will be alright? “ I heard a man say.

That whisper was soon followed.“ I don’t know. Go check on the men. We are leaving soon, I will take care of her. “ Another man said. I slowly opened my eyes. I hope it was just a really bad nightmare because this is really not funny. I was laying in a tent. I looked around and saw some medical stuff but nothing really advanced. I wondered for a moment if what the handsome man told me was real. No, it can’t be.  “ Are you alright Miss?” I heard the same person ask. I slowly raised from the small bed made of hay and handmade covers to face him.

 

 “ Where I am? What happened to my village? “ I asked panicked. I could panic all I want, the man was really calm and I seemed to be the only one finding things odd in here. The man came closer and sat next to the “ bed “ and looked at me. That’s when I noticed his face. It was him.

 

 

“ What village are you talking about Miss? The only thing around is a forest and a really large empty fields. “ He said concerned. I could see, by the way, he was looking at me, that he wasn’t playing and I felt like I may go crazy at any time.

 

 I rolled my eyes. “ Enough now, I am not getting into this joke. I want to know the truth. “ I said looking at the young but atrociously good looking god in front of me. He faked to be surprised and challenged my stare. Just with his gaze , you could tell that he was a warrior. Not that I own a degree in psychology , but I could tell he wasn’t afraid of nobody just by the way he looked so merciless. He was actually intimidating me with that same gaze. So much that I had to look elsewhere.

 

“ Well… I am not “joking” as you say. “ He said looking at me seriously. That way of looking at me made me freeze into place. I had to ask him this question even if I didn’t want to. Even if I didn’t believe it, I had to be sure.

 

 

“ Okay, little clown. “ I said sitting up a bit. “ You were talking about an Emperor and all … what year are we then? “ I asked looking at him and trying to keep up with the intense look he was still throwing at me.

“ We are in the year 670. “ He simply said, like I was crazy to ask this. I could feel my skin shivering and I could barely breathe. What did he just said? Year 670? His answer made me lost my balance and almost fell back into the bed.  He noticed my reaction and touched my cheek to slowly make me look at him. “ Hey… Are you alright? “ He asked. I was not able to say a word.

 

 “ I-I don’t know… What is this bad joke?  “ I confessed looking at him. It made him frown. I was so lost that I could be winning an award for the best actress at this point that I wouldn’t be surprised.

 

 “ What’s so shocking, Miss? “ He asked almost as confused as I might have been. I momentarily played with my hands to change the attention from my face. Such display of attention would make me die of redness if he continues. If stares could undress, his would have gotten be a long time ago.

 

“ I-I  don’t think you would believe me..”  I said focusing my own two eyes on my hands still. I heard him sight which gained me to look at his eyes.

 

 “ You can at least try … “ He said focusing on mine. There was something about him. Something so strange. I couldn’t tell why but he inspired my trust. He inspired me to fade in his smile. If it was a bad dream or a joke and he was an actor, he surely played his role well.

 

“ You would think I am crazy,” I said finally looking down. I smiled for myself. This was all so crazy. Nobody sane would believe me. Nobody sane would actually make a joke like this either. Nobody would put so much effort to make one person believe she was in another era.

 “ Still. “ He insisted. Why?  I closed my eyes wishing to be anywhere else but there.  I didn’t want to see his reaction.

 “ I am not from here. “ I finally said  after a few minutes. He laughed at my short answer and this made me reopen my eyes. He had that cute dimple there showing proudly in the corner of his cheek. That same dimple he was showing every time he was smiling or laughing though it was the first thing I could clearly  notice on his face.

“ I think I noticed. “ He said still laughing. My eyes drifted to him.

 “ No, I mean … I am not from this era… “ I tried to explain. He looked at me like I was joking.

“ Alright, then what era do you come from, beautiful stranger? “ He asked and I blushed as he said this. I took a deep breath in.  This was the moment of truth.

 

“ I am from the year 2015. “ I simply said. He froze and stopped laughing. I could feel how hard and heavy the silence was. It was unbearable. I saw his Adam apple go down his throat.

 

“ 2015? “ He asked seriously. I looked at him. I knew he must believe I am crazy. Well, who was I to blame him? I thought the exact same thing of him when he told me the year we are supposed to be in.

“ Listen … “ I stopped to pushed my hair back behind my shoulder. “ I know you must think I am lying. I couldn’t blame you for I would think the exact same thing. I am just as confused as you right now. I’ve been transported from my comfortable bed to this strange place. I don’t even know how… “ I said confused. He just listened to me. He didn’t show any emotion. I couldn’t tell either if he was believing me or not.

 

 

After I finished explaining he simply nodded. “ So, if I get it right… You are from another era… more than 1300 years in the future… “ He said calmly. I wonder myself how he managed to stay this calm since, even to my own perspective, I felt like I was crazy. I nodded lightly.

 

 

“Fine then… can you prove it? “ He asked looking into my eyes. I froze. I surely wasn’t ready for this. How do you prove a stranger you really come from the year 2015. I cursed the tv dramas for not teaching me earlier.

 

“ I could tell you many things that will happen in the future… but I don’t think you would be able to live long enough to confirm them “ I said honestly. He kept coming at me like a train, though.

 

“ Just tell me whatever… Impress me. “ He said looking into my eyes still and trying to challenge me. I keep my gaze in his.

That’s when I thought of something. I felt that I still had my necklace on. Maybe it means that I traveled with everything I had on me when I fell asleep. I trying to see if ever I had any pockets. There was a hidden one in this old piece of clothes. I reached it with my hand. Yes…

 

I took out my cellphone and  showed it to him. His expression was priceless. “ With that we can call people and talk to them even if they are in another country. “ I said smiling. He looked at it dumbfounded. He took it in his hand and gasped when he accidently opened it. There was no wifi nor signal , of c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter