Incomplete Without You.

Timeless *Editing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

14. Incomplete Without You. 

 

 

The moon was shining bright tonight. So bright that the sun would have been jealous. I smirked at the scene. I was now on my balcony, looking at the front yard. All the Imperial Army was there , ready for the ceremony of tonight. The all court was decorated with cute and traditional Chinese lights. Is it right to say traditional even in this era? I am not sure but to me they were.

 

 

Tonight, I will be presented to the court as the Royal Concubine and the Emperor will officially admit a peace treaty with the General who actually gave me to him. It is a really big event that I must assist. Even though Yixing will be present and that I will have to contain my heart from jumping out of my chest.

 

 

He was now officially my soulmate and no Emperor , no time gasp could possibly separate us from now on. We were strong and , on our way back to the palace, we vowed to each other to find that statue and also find a way back home. I smiled at the moon as this memory of our exchanged vows crossed my mind.

 

 

The sudden sound of the door opening brought me back to reality. I turned around to see who was entering the piece. My bed’s curtains were hidden the person’s face so I had to walk closer. “ Who is there? “ I asked. That wasn’t the shadow of a woman , I could have swear.

 

 

“ Missed me? “ I heard a man I knew say. I gasped and saw Xiumin walking into my room. My reaction surprised myself as I smiled widely and ran to him. I jumped into his arms and hugged him. He , himself, got caught by surprise but eventually surrender to my surprising form of affection. “ I guess you did…” He said joking. I separate myself from him and looked at him. He was wearing a different uniform. It seemed more expensive and he also seemed a lot more highly ranked.

 

 

“ How are you? Did you scar healed correctly? “I asked him worried and he smiled at my reaction. “ It did , don’t worry. “ He simply answered. He smiled at me as our gazes met. I smiled also and I blushed lightly from the intensity of his eyes posed on mine. “ Where are you here? Did you sneaked in ? “ I joked and he looked to the ground. “ No I didn’t. It is part of my new responsibilities to bring you to the event. “ He said smiling proudly. I looked at his armor. “ Did something changed? “ I asked.

 

 

He smiled even more and sighed a bit. “ Indeed. I got the lead for the Second Royal Army. Of course it isn’t as prestigious as the first one and we are only there to help in case but I did it. I am a General now also. “ He said smiling to me and I smiled back. After all he did for me, he saved me and fought for me as long as he was able to. He deserved it.

 

 

“ I think we should go. It’s about time… “ He said offering me his hand. I smiled and accepted it. My dress was so long that it had to be held by two servants. My hair were placed in a really high updo.

 

 

We arrived near the entrance and I looked at Xiumin. He looked back at me. I took a big breath before the door were open. We walked and I looked up. I saw the Emperor and the Empress siting next to each other on two big chair. A smaller one was placed next to them and I guess it was about to be mine.

 

 

I looked around. It was even more decorated than outside and there were so many person I didn’t knew. I smiled at the Emperor as I held on Xiumin’s arm a bit tighter. He caressed my arm lightly and subtly so no one could see it. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and he did the same. At least I wasn’t alone in this big event that I was still unsure to really understand.

 

 

I reached the Emperor and Xiumin let me go. He bowed to the Emperor before looking at me. He smirked lightly and walked back to his assigned place, leaving me alone , in the middle of the room, in front of all those people. I didn’t even had the chance to move only one bit that the Emperor raised and looked at his crowd.

 

 

“ Tonight is a really special night. Tonight the gods gave me the most precious thing in the world. A wonderful woman I will be deeply honored to call my official Concubine. I now officially present you the second woman of the Empire. “ He said coming my way and offering me his hand. I gulped. Second woman of the Empire? Isn’t it too much for me? All the people around clapped their hands and bowed to the Emperor. Or was it to me? I am not sure and it wasn’t really important in a way or another.

 

 

I joined the Emperor to the seat next to him. From the moment I sat I felt the entire gazes of the room planted on me. I gulped and smiled lightly before looking around, almost looking for help. There were many persons coming in front of us to give us their most honest blessings and I knew the evening would be really long. I looked outside and saw , by one of the big windows of the piece, The moon shining even brighter than before.

 

 

I came back to reality as I heard the voice of a man I knew. “ I wanted to congratulate you highness for his new Concubine. “ Yixing said and I looked at him. Where has he been? He looked up at me and smirked. I gasped and blushed. I wold have jumped into his arms but I knew it wasn’t the moment. Maybe later if ever we are lucky enough. The Emperor raised and looked at the crowd.

 

 

“ I now invite you all to join me as the festivities officially are open. I want everybody to be as happy as I am so feel free to enjoy this night. I will sure do.” He said looking at me and I looked to the ground. Meeting his gaze would have sent shivers down my spine.

 

 

He walked to me and offered me his hand. I accepted it without asking any question and he leaded us to the middle of the room and an orchestra started to play a really old and acoustic version of a song that seemed so familiar. I gasped as he started to dance and my body followed by itself. I didn’t know what I was doing exactly but it seemed to be working just fine so I simply let it flows.  Soon enough, many other couples of dancers joined us and we danced under the overwhelming moonlight and the eyes of many spectators. When the music stopped I stopped also and bowed to the Emperor as he smiled to me.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter