Meet Him Again.

Timeless *Editing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 20. Meet Him Again.

 

 

 

The fresh breeze of the month of May was bushing against my hair. We were all sitting in the little park , sitting on a bench. Yixing was holding my hand and squeezed it when the silence replaced the situation. Daiyi was speechless and looked at our hands intertwined.

 

 

“ So… you came from the past? “She asked Yixing. He looked at me and I lightly nodded. He turned back to her and approved. “ Alright... So you are telling me the night we went to that statue , you wished to go back in time? What crossed your mind?  “She almost shouted at me. I widened my eyes.

 

 

“ I didn’t. I simply wished to meet my soulmate and there I was the next day , in a new era completely lost. He was the first man I met and things went out of their own…” I said and she looked at me with half open. “ You can’t really expect me to believe that , don’t you? “ She asked me and I sighed. I knew she would be hard to convince but I still hope she would understand. “ Listen , I know it might sound completely made up. It was to me at first , but believe me. I did went back in time. There was a prophecy… “ I tried to explain myself but I was thinking myself of how much stupid that all sound. No one would buy that. It was even worse than the most cliché Hollywood movie.

 

 

“ Prove it to me then. “ She asked challenging me with her gaze. I had an impression of Déjà-vu , remembering the time Yixing asked me the same thing. If I succeeded to prove it to him I can certainly prove it to her.

 

 

“ I didn’t brought anything back … our clothes were automatically changed …  “ I said speechless and still thinking of a way to prove my obvious time travel experience. Yixing smiled at me when I said that and looked at me. He grabbed my wrist and showed the bracelet attached to it. The bracelet Yixing offered himself at the ceremony organised by the Emperor. The same one he pushed secretly on my wrist while we were dancing.

 

I smiled and showed it to her. It looked ancient by itself and we could see how much work he put in it. She gasped and bit but looked at me. She grabbed it and examined the object. “ You know it could be from 2018 I wouldn’t be surprise… there are so much copies of original stuff…” She said and I closed my eyes and lowered my head. I knew that would be a possible answer.

 

“ Please… make it examined or something… you work in the hospital aren’t you? There must be a laboratory then…” I said and she sighed. She looked at the bracelet and looked back to us after. “ I will get it examined. If the stone is authentic I guess I won’t have any other choice than to believe you. For now though… I guess you understand it’s a bit hard. “ She said painfully to the both of us. I nodded.

 

 

“ It’s alright. I don’t ask you to believe me right away either. Simply make it examined and you’ll see. The only thing I ask you is to keep what I told you secret. I don’t need people to know. “ I said and she hesitantly nodded. She smiled lightly to me. “ It’s good to finally see you again , butterfly… “ She said and I smiled to her. It was good to see her too.

 

 

“ I guess you should go to your family. They will be the most surprised , I guess. “ She said as she got up. I looked at her and as she did. “Where are you going? “ She smiled and showed me the bracelet. “ Send this to the lab and going back to work. It took me nearly three years to complete my studies and I just got hired. I don’t want to loose it now. “ She said smiling and I nodded. She headed back to the clinic and I sighed. At least it wasn’t as bad as I taught it would be. She ended up believing us. Or at least giving us a hint that she might one day. It was all I was asking for, a chance to be believed in.

 

 

I got out of my thoughts by Yixing hand on mine. I looked at him and saw him smile. He gently caressed my cheek. “Everything is going to be just fine. She will see that we are telling the truth. The stone is old now. “ He said and I nodded while losing myself in his gaze. I let him hug me. “ I think we should go. You still haven’t met my grandparents. “ I said laughing for myself. He looked at me with sparkles in his eyes.

 

 

“ Usually… we don’t meet each other’s close family before it is official. “ He said hesitantly. I saw in his eyes that he meant to ask if I was truly ready. I smiled sweetly at him. “ I know… that’s why I presented you as my boyfriend earlier. “ I said and he smiled to me. A smile that meant to describe how happy he was. “ Come on.” I said and he nodded shyly.

 

 

I raised with him and walked towards the road. As we made our way toward the more busy street I could see all his amazement. Every little details , that seemed to be so anodyne to me was a wonder to him. I should have predict this reaction. I was used to see modern object and modern people , he wasn’t. It is a lot easier to fit in the past than the future. The past have been studied. Not the future. When a car passed by us he pointed at it and started to panic. “ What is that? How does it move? Where are the horses?  “He asked panicked. Poor man, I knew how panicked in the inside he must be. Everyone around looked at him as he was mimicking quite heavily.

 

 

“ Calm down , my love. “ I said grabbing his arms and pulling them down. “ Don’t over react. People will ask questions and we can’t tell them you are coming from eras ago. “ I said and he calmly put his arms down and looked at me. “ I’ll answer to every of your questions later. Just simply ask for it. “ I said and he ashamedly lowered his head.  “ Hey…” I said looking at him. “ Don’t be ashamed. It’s normal , you are used to that. It will soon be pretty normal , I swear. The shock is intense but you over pass that , Yixing…” I said and he smiled lightly to me.

 

 

We made our way across the busy street. I was myself surprise to see that it got modernized even more than when I left. Those three years must have been really important for the village. New houses had been built, coexisting with the old ones in harmony. As we arrived in my neighborhood I heard people whispering with each others. The stares were flying everywhere. Yixing looked around , frightened a bit from all these gossiping. I simply grabbed his hand in mine. It was all people who knew me and they were probably surprised to see me coming back.

 

 

I stopped in front of my grandparent’s house. It didn’t changed an inch as I doubted. I opened the front yard door and entered. I walked with Yixing up to the door. I stopped and loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter