Like it's Meant To Be.

Timeless *Editing*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

23. Like It's Meant To Be.

 

 

 

From the very right moment I passed the automatic doors my eyes searched for something I wasn’t even aware I was searching for. I don’t know if I was searching for my parents or Kai directly. I don’t know which version of the story I truly needed to hear first. Would Kai lie like he used to do to ,pretending he only had great intentions? Probably. I should probably go ask my parents first.

 

“ Wait for me , Meiying … “ I heard Yixing say to me as he finally followed me into the small local hospital. I barely had the time to turn my head that he almost ran into my arms.

 

“ Sorry … I just want to really get over with this. “ I said also out of breath. As I think of that, I never noticed I was out of breath myself. Yixing , with his eternal kindness smiled to me and hhis smile brighten the situation immediately.

 

“ I know. “ He said. His answer was short , not really developed but it sincerely didn’t need to be either. He tend his hand to caress my cheek with his silky touch and I closed my eyes as I let my breath leaving my lounges.

 

When I opened my eyes again , I saw the face of Yixing straightly facing mine. I gulped from the surprise but finally lost in those eyes of his that made my heart go crazy thousand of years ago. His hand , still caressing my cheek like it was made of silk gently followed my jawline before coming to a stop on my barely open lips. I gasped and he used the occasion to caress more openly my lips and sending me to heaven by the very same occasion.

 

He approached closer to me and I found myself closing my eyes , expecting him to crush his plump and luscious lips on mine but nothing came. Instead of passionaly crushing his lips on mine like he used to do so many times before when I felt like everything was hopeless, he gently posed the tip of his nose of the arch of mine , making them fit just like a puzzle. He smirked a bit and closed his eyes to enjoy the moment as our forehead were also touching the other’s.

 

“ I know I am not really useful in this world. Not anymore. I can’t really protect you the same way I did back then but I want you to know and feel that I am near you. I know it’s hard to face them since they are both your parents and your ex-boyfriend… but you gave me the sweetest proof of love you could ever give me. You choose me over Xiumin. You choose me over your ex-boyfriend and you choose me over your parents. I see how hard you fight for us. I want to fight with you. We have the right to be. Both of us together and we’ll find a way. “ He said as he finally kissed my forehead. I found myself smiling without knowing it.

 

I opened my eyes and also met his. Those eyes so sure of themselves. I knew Kai and my parents and I knew that , if they really wanted something , the chances to go against their will was practically inexistent but something in the way he looked at me made me understood it was going to be alright. We didn’t fought this much to let it all go now. Certainly not.

 

“ Stop it guys , you are going to make me cry. “ We heard a feminine voice say right over my shoulder. I turned in surprised and hit Yixing with my back as a result.

 

Daiyi smiled to me , all dressed in white according to the dress code of nurses. I smiled and sighed , she could have give me a heart attack. She approached us a bit more and crossed her arms on her chest and smirked to the proximity of Yixing’s body with mine. Without even touching me he was still so embracing and every curve of my body was fitting exactly with his.

 

“ I guess you are the reason why your parents came with this boy earlier? “ Daiyi came to say. “ Or should I say , he probably was. “ She said looking over my shoulder to see Yixing. “ How come everytime you come here you bring hurt men ?” She joked but stopped when she saw she was the only one laughing at this very right moment. Daiyi would stay herself on this point by being childish always at the wrong moment.

 

“ Where are they now? “ I said with a voice tone that surprised everyone , even myself. She widened her eyes and gasped before taking back the control on her mind.

 

She turned 90 degrees , to let us see the hallway behind her. “ They left in this direction. They are just in the examination room, nothing terrible. “ She explained while pointing toward the very first door of this hallway. I smiled shyly to her before turning my attention to the man I loved and I can guarantee you , now words were needed right at this moment.

 

“ I’ll go with you friend to see Xiumin. “ Daiyi said which broke the intense eye contact I was having with Yixing. Both of us gasped at the mention of his name and Yixing nodded to Daiyi’s affirmation.

 

“ She’s right. Go ahead, I’ll wait with her and Xiumin. I bet he is bored to death alone. “ Yixing said to make me smile. I barely raised my cheek muscles and nodded. I looked back and forth between Yixing and my friend and finally left diretly toward the door she indicated me.

 

A sensation of panic took the control of my body as I approached the room. A brief look over my shoulder confirmed me that Daiyi effectively dragged my man away to occupy him. I sighed and turned back my attention toward the door as I approached my hand to open it. My fear of the truth was so big at this moment but I knew better than my relationship was worth more than this. I didn’t want to hide it from the world anymore. To be honest, I didn’t want nothing to do with their world anymore. Again, have I ever wanted?

 

I gently and discreetly turned open the door and made my way into the bright piece.  As I expected , they were all in this piece , discussing as the doctor was fixing the last bandage on Kai’s face. I looked up only to met with his dark gaze before my mother came my way.

 

“You see, Kai … I told you she would finally understand her mistake! “ She said as she smiled forcely to me and came closer only to drag me closer to them. I practically fell on the ground by the sudden action but I doubt she even cared for that.

 

There I was , standing in front of both my father and the man who used to rule my life and make a real living hell out of it.

 

“ See?  Now excuse yourself to your boyfriend! Also tell him how much you missed him and loved him! “ She said almost pushing me further on the so called man. I gasped for air and liberty as my mother squeezed my arm so hard that I almost ended up with bruises.

 

“ Stop it , would you? “ I directly told her and I could see how taken aback she was by my answer.

 

“ Sorry ? What that way of talking to your mother? Now , not only do you own excuses to Kai but also to me! “ She said almost screaming. I rolled my eyes and I knew I would pissed her off more by doing this.

 

“I won’t apologize to neither of you. Neither to him for , as always , turn every situation to his advantage and trying to co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter