Chapter Nine

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple weeks had passed. Hyuna found herself a part-time job after school. She was working at a cafe, 3 miles from school. She decided that it would be best for her to start working, so that she could be independent. She was used to working before, so it wasn't a problem for her to go to school and work at the same time. She liked it this way too since she wouldn't need to stay home too much.

 

Myungsoo however, didn't like the idea of Hyuna working after school.

 

That afternoon, Hyuna was working as usual. Today was a bit busy. A lot of customers came in, so she barely had time to take a break.

 

Hyuna went up to the table at the corner. Her coworker asked her to take the order there since he was too busy taking the orders for others. So Hyuna walked there towards the table he told her. 

 

"Welcome, what can I get for you today?" Hyuna asked, looking at her notes. She wasn't paying attention to who it was.

 

That is until...

 

"Can I get some capuccino?" The guy asked. He sounded familiar.

 

"M-Myungsoo oppa?! Why are you here?"

 

Myungsoo frowned. "Can't I come to see you because I miss you?"

 

"I-I.. Oh. I just thought that you might be at the office at this time." Hyuna said.

 

Myungsoo had started working at his father's office part time. He was just kind of helping around at the office, as well as getting some work experience. After all, he would inherit everything so he needed to know how to manage the Kim Corp.

 

"I was bored at the office, so I thought that I should see you. What time do you get off?" Myungsoo quickly asked.

 

**

 

Myungsoo ended up waiting until Hyuna finish with her work, which was already past midnight.

 

Myungsoo saw from his car as Hyuna bid goodbye to her co-workers and went separate way from them. Hyuna was walking towards the bus stop when Myungsoo got out of the car and approached her. 

 

"Hey..."

 

"Myungsoo Oppa!" Hyuna was surprised. "What are you doing here so late?"

 

"I was waiting for you to finish work." Myungsoo said flatly. "I see you're done now."

 

"Yeah, I was just about to head home. Didn't you already go home? Why are you here?"

 

"Let's go!" Myungsoo grabbed her hand. "I'll take you home."

 

It wasn't the first time that Myungsoo waited for Hyuna to finish work. He sometimes had to watch her secretly while she was going home because he knew how much she wanted to be independent and all, but he didn't like the idea of her going home so late almost every day. Besides, it hadn't been long since she got out of the hospital from the snake bite.

 

"Oppa..." Hyuna whispered. They were already in the car, Myungsoo focused on the road. "You didn't have to wait for me."

 

Myungsoo was silent. It was the first time he was feeling upset with her. "Do you really have to work?"

 

"Why?" Hyuna asked. "Is something wrong with me working?" 

 

"N-Nothing's wrong. Just that, you get off work late every time. Like right now, it's 1 AM already. Aren't you tired? You just recovered too." Myungsoo said concernedly. He was very concerned about Hyuna going home by herself every night. How could he not worry?

 

"I am, but it makes me happy. I feel like an independent woman."

 

 Myungsoo was proud of her side that wanted to be independent and all, but he still didn't approve of it. "I don't like it." His eyes fixed on the road.

 

"What? Me earning money?"

 

"No! I don't like seeing you getting off late every time. I worry about you, Hyuna." Myungsoo finally said.

 

"But you know why I want to work, oppa. I told you already."

 

"I know that." Myungsoo nodded. "It's just that... We're both still in school and you need to study and we'll need to spend some times together too. With you working now, that means it's less time for us. We could still meet, but I don't like forcing you to meet me when you're all exhausted. I don't want to make you sick." 

 

True, it was that. But he was also worried that she had to go home so late everyday.

 

Hyuna just kept silent. She kinda understood where he was getting at. She felt bad that he cared a lot. Was it wrong?

 

"Besides Your family is very well off. Why do you still want to work? I understand you want to be independent, but you can start after you graduate or something.."

 

"You won't understand, oppa. If I don't work myself, I feel that I lost myself. Now I don't have to ask for allowance and all, I earn my own. It makes me appreciate it more." Hyuna smiled. "I don't feel that I have to depend on anyone and I like to keep it this way."

 

"If you feel you don't get enough allowance, I'll give you more. I earn more money now that I start working at Dad's company, but I don't like you working."

 

Hyuna shook her head and she didn't want to feel offended by what he said. "I don't want your money."

 

"Then what is it that you want? Tell me! Because I can't understand it." Myungsoo said, raising his tone. It was the first time he ever raised his tone at Hyuna. "I'm sure your father and brother don't like it either that you work until so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter