Chapter Eighteen

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna kept walking and walking until it was afternoon. She didn't realize that her feet brought her in front of Myungsoo's house, or maybe she did? She missed him so much and she needed him right now at her lowest point in her life. She thought that this was the same feeling as when she lost her mother. She had once again reached the lowest point in her life.

 

By the time she was at the front door, her tears were already dry. She had too much tears this past weeks. 

 

She was about to ring the doorbell when the door opened abruptly, causing her to flinch. Myungsoo stood handsomely by the door.

 

"O-oppa." She called softly. Her heart was aching somehow. Was he going to say more mean words to her? She was afraid.

 

"What are you doing here?" Myungsoo said coldly. He was so handsome. He was dressed up nice, as if he was about to go somewhere.

 

"I-" Hyuna just stared at him. She couldn't really just come to him and tell him that she was dying, could she? I'm sick, Oppa. I'm really sick. What should I do? I think I'm going to die. I'm scared, really scared. She wished she could say, but those words never came out of . "I j-just... I just..."

 

Hyuna kept staring into his eyes as she was lost for words. She took a breath and finally said, "I just want to see you." She said weakly. Her legs almost gave up on her, but she hang on. Seeing Myungsoo had recharged a little bit of her energy.

 

Myungsoo just looked at the girl. "So you just come here just because you want to see me?" He questioned. 

 

Hyuna was fighting hard not to cry in front of Myungsoo. "I'll never have a chance to explain everything, won't I?"

 

"I can't right now, Hyuna. Not after what you did. I need time." Myungsoo said. 

 

"I gave you time. I waited and waited, Oppa. I-It's not fair." Hyuna said. She'd given him spaces, so she practiced hard for her dancing. but now, she wouldn't even be able to do it anymore. 

 

"And you think it was fair for Naeun?" Myungsoo raised his tone. His stare was cold.

 

"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't- I told you I didn't mean to hurt you or her. I didn't know what I was thinking back then."

 

"Stop!" Myungsoo held his hand as a sign for her to stop. "Look, I can't talk to you right now. Naeun is waiting for me to pick her up."

 

"Naeun! Naeun! Naeun!" Hyuna lost her temper. "Everything you do now is only for her. I know that you're doing this because she can't see and you're blaming yourself for it."

 

Myungsoo kept silent.

 

"Is there anything that will change your mind about marrying her, Oppa?" 

 

"You really want to know my answer?" Myungsoo paused for a second. "No. Nothing can change my decision. I am going to marry her and take care of her all my life. Happy?"

 

It felt like a thousand knives were piercing into Hyuna's heart. She knew that he was a nice and responsible guy, but how could he be so stupid like that? Hyuna could accept him being mad and angry at her for using him, but marrying Naeun was a different thing.

 

"You know you don't even love her! How could you marry someone you don't love? You still love me, don't you?" Hyuna asked, almost begging. If she could only hear him say it, it would make her feel so much better. It would give her a reason to fight to live.

 

Hyuna waited, but Myungsoo just kept a straight face. "I really can't be with you anymore."

 

"I didn't ask you to be with me. I asked if you loved me. Tell me you do, oppa! Tell me..." She fought back her hot tears. She wished he would say it now and then. Because maybe she would run back to the hospital and get a heart transplant so she could live. She would fight for him, only for him. Please say you do, Oppa. You're the only one that would keep me going.

 

Myungsoo closed his eyes briefly and when he opened his eyes again, he looked at her sternly. "I have to go."

 

Without looking at the girl, he walked away, brushing past her. Their shoulder touched briefly, but Myungsoo never looked back.

 

Hyuna didn't turn around to see him walk away. Instead, she just stood there and let her hot tears stream down her cheeks.

 

*

 

"WOW! You look very... different." Sungjong said towards his bestfriend as he scanned her from head to toe. "Are you sure you're my Hyuna?"

 

Hyuna had called Sungjong and Jiyeon after she visited Myungsoo. so they were meeting up at Sungjong's that night. She was asking them if they wanted to go to a nightclub tonight, to which they agreed. Sungjong and Jiyeon never questioned why a girl like Hyuna would want to go there, but they just knew that it was because of Myungsoo's engagement with Naeun. They knew that Hyuna needed this night. She needed to go out.

 

Hyuna was wearing a tight mini red dress. It was so tight it was showing her curvy body. The dress was strapless and it was so short that it would show her undies if she wasn't careful. She was wearing a pair of black stilettos. Then she let her hair hang its wavy feature naturally. She had some makeup on. Her red lipstick made her lips look more pump.

 

"She definitely looks hot." Jiyeon commented honestly. "I bet you all guys would be on her."

 

Jiyeon was just as y, but she seemed more experienced in this.

 

"I bet they would." Sungjong replied.

 

"I can't believe we're really doing this, Hyuna. I know you're not that kind of girl, so I will protect you." Jiyeon said. "You don't stay too far from me, okay?"

 

"Yah! I'll be there too. We're just going to have fun tonight okay." Sungjong said. 

 

"We'll make sure that you will forget my of a cousin." Jiyeon said. She had heard about Myungsoo's engagement and she didn't like how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter