Chapter Twenty Three

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The guys kept telling the resort staffs that a girl was trapped inside, but they didn't care. The staffs didn't want more victim if there was already one. They might get hurt.

 

Sunggyu was the one who started punching the staff that was holding them back. Hoya and Myungsoo fought them too. 

 

Hoya grabbed a hold of a staff, Sunggyu did too.

 

"L! Go in and get her." Hoya yelled as he held into the big guy.

 

Myungsoo nodded and quickly ran towards the door. He froze in place as he saw some fire by the stairs. All the bad memories from his childhood came back. He started sweating and he could still remember being trap in that villa years ago where his mother had died.

 

He remembered all, everything....

 

His heart pounded. 

 

He knew he couldn't do this. He was afraid of seeing small fire, let alone a big one.

 

But Hyuna was in danger. If he was being stupid, Hyuna could die.

 

Hyuna was all he could think of at the moment. He knew exactly where the storage room Hyuna was talking about, so it only made sense if he went.

 

He braved himself passing by the small flame by the stair. It didn't even touch his skin. He went quickly upstairs and found a small fire extinguisher by the stair. He grabbed it and sprayed it at the flame at the top of the stair. He sprayed some more. 

 

He was scared, but he had to do it.

 

He found the room and tried opening it, but it was hot and locked.

 

"Hyuna!" He yelled from outside. "Kim Hyuna!"

 

He knew she was inside and there was no other way. He had to break the door. It wasn't hard the break the door open, only took him less than a minute. 

 

His heart dropped when he saw Hyuna lying weakly on the floor. 

 

"Jesus, Hyuna..." He quickly ran towards her. 

 

He coughed as he inhaled too much smoke. He tried to hold his breath for a while, but he couldn't last long. He had to inhale the thick smoke.

 

He scooped her immediately in his strong arms. He could feel her move a bit.

 

"Hyuna! Hyuna! Are you okay? Stay awake! I'll get you out of here!" Myungsoo said.

 

Myungsoo could tell that Hyuna was fighting herself to open her eyes to no avail. "Y-You came, oppa."

 

She went unconscious.

 

"Hyuna! No! No! Don't you dare closing your eyes on me!" Myungsoo screamed. "."

 

He quickly ran outside with her in his arms.

 

When he managed to go out, the firefighters just got there. An ambulance arrived too. The paramedics immediately attended her, asking Myungsoo to place her on the stretcher. They wheeled her inside the ambulance. Myungsoo followed inside. Hoya did too.

 

"I'll drive my parents to the hospital. Please watch over my sister." Sunggyu said to the two guys.

 

A minute later, the siren of the ambulance could be heard and it was moving.

 

One of the paramedics hurriedly put the ECG on Hyuna to check on her heart rate. Another paramedic put a oxygen mask on her.

 

Myungsoo was worried sick. He couldn't take his eyes off Hyuna. He was praying silently that she would be okay, that she would be fine. 

 

The monitor started beeping as soon as the ECG was put on Hyuna's body. 

 

"The heart rate is really low." The female paramedic said.

 

Myungsoo grabbed Hyuna's hand and held it tight. He felt her hand was cold.

 

Hoya was just very worried. He took out his cellphone and started calling Dr. Choi without Myungsoo noticing. 

 

Suddenly, the monitor showed flatline and the beep stopped.

 

"W-What's happening?" Myungsoo cried. He swore that he could feel his heart stopped beating at that moment.

 

The male paramedic looked at the female one, "Her heart stopped beating. She's having a cardiac arrest."

 

"Please do something!" Myungsoo begged, "Pleaseee!"

 

The paramedics took out the defibrillator and did the electrical shock on her chest a couple times until a low beep could be heard. It was very low that it was almost fading.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter