Chapter Twenty Five

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo, Jiyeon, and Sunggyu were waiting outside. Myungsoo stood at once when Dr. Choi came out of the room after nearly three hours. Everyone followed and stood. Doctor CHoi gave Myungsoo a disappointed look. 

 

"Doctor Choi, Hyun-Hyuna-"

 

"...is stable for now." Doctor Choi sighed. "but I'm afraid her body is getting weaker. Her body doesn't seem to be putting up a fight to live. At this rate, she won't have long."

 

Myungsoo's voice cracked and there was an uneasiness in his voice, "H-How long more?"

 

Doctor Choi shook his head. "She'll be lucky if she can stay even 2 months. I'm very sorry, Mr. Kim."

 

Sunggyu had tears in his eyes, "I-Is there anything else? Is there anything that can save her?"

 

"I've said this before with Mr. Lee and Ms. Hyuna herself, that heart transplant is the only way she will get better. But even that now, the rate is very low. The patient has to have a strong will for it to work in her favor. Otherwise, the surgery won't work very well either."

 

"O-oppa... she can't..." Jiyeon cried softly while she covered . 

 

"You'll have to convince her and make sure that she really wants to do this. My colleague is specialized in heart surgery and his success rate is 98%. The only thing is that, he only takes surgery on patient whom he's sure will be successful. And one of his requirements is that the patient's willingness to fight. Somehow he thinks that it is one of the reasons whether or not it will be successful." Doctor Choi explained.

 

"I-Is that true?" Sunggyu asked.

 

Doctor Choi nodded, "Yes, after the surgery there is a chance that her body rejects the transplant, so it is very important that she really wants to go through with it and that she's confident about it."

 

Myungsoo said softly. "Please doctor, help us! her us save her life!"

 

"Unfortunately I cannot help you. You are the one who could help convince Ms. Kim. Everyone's support will be the best thing for her right now." Doctor Choi said. "This is the only thing I can tell you now. I could get my colleague ready to meet her after you guys talk to her, how about that?"

 

"Yes, doctor. Please do that." Sunggyu said quickly. And Doctor Choi walked away.

 

 

 

 

"Here." Jiyeon loomed in front of Myungsoo holding what seemed to be food. "You should go home and take some rest. I'll call you when there's news. You haven't left at all. You need rest too." 

 

Myungsoo took the food, only to place it on the table. He didn't feel like eating right now.

 

Myungsoo put his hand on Hyuna who was sleeping soundly. She still hasn't woke up because the doctor gave her sleeping medication that was so strong, she had been sleeping for the last 24 hours. But Myungsoo had been waiting there all this time.

 

He shook his head, "No. I won't be able to rest. And I wasn't here the last time she woke up."

 

"And did you remember what happened when she saw you?" Jiyeon asked then taking a sit beside Myungsoo. "Your being here won't help. She needed some space first. Please, Oppa..."

 

Suddenly tears rolled down his cheek. "I made it worse, Jiyeon. I made her condition worse. I didn't know she suffered so much. S-She kept this all to herself. She tried to protect Naeun e-eventhough she knew. And I didn't believe her. I've said things I shouldn't have said and I regret it so much now. I- I must have hurt her so bad, so bad that she probably wanted to die. Sh- she didn't deserve this. This poor girl doesn't deserve all this. I do, I should be the one dying." He cried as he held Hyuna's hand tighter.

 

Myungsoo silently promised himself that he would never, NEVER do anything to hurt her anymore. But would he have a chance?

 

*

 

The moment she opened her eyes, Hyuna felt dizziness. The blurred vision made her hallucinating and wondering if she was already dead. She tried to speak, but nothing came out of .

 

"Hyuna!"

 

That voice- she knew exactly who it was, but didn't she die already? How did she hear the voice she knew very well? She felt someone touched her arm. She didn't look up, but she managed to see his hands, his hands looked rough and there were scars, brand new scars.

 

"Shh.. It's me." He assured.

 

She remembered the last thing before se out the last time by now. It all came back to her mind. Her tears poured down her cheeks as she stared at him. "No, don't!!"

 

She was terrified and brushed his hand on her arm, only for him to hold on to her more.

 

"I won't hurt you. I promise." Myungsoo grabbed her hand. He could feel Hyuna struggling to let go, but he was firm and didn't let go.  "Please."

 

She avoided his eyes even though she felt him staring at her with so much passion. Her heart was aching, not from her illness, but from her broken heart that scattered into million pieces by now.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I'll go get the doctor." He finally said and headed towards the door.

 

He came back a minute later, "Doctor Choi is still in surgery, he will be here as soon as he's done."

 

"You'll have to undergo a lot of tests after this. I'll be with you." He sat beside her bed and immediately held her hand, squeezing it tight he wouldn't let go.

 

Hyuna's tears streamed down her face. There was also a little bit of pain on her chest that she chose to ignore. "Please, don't!"

 

"H-Hyuna.. I-I'm sorry..." Myungsoo said with the remaining energy he had. "I'm sorry for everything I did. I know I don't deserve you, but please listen to me..."

 

"I've fogiven you long before, Oppa." She said and forced a smile. "I'm fine, really."

 

"I broke off my engagement." Myungsoo blurted out finally.

 

"You did what?" Hyuna asked surprised. Her hand covered , shaking her head. "Y-You can't... You can't do that, you'll break her."

 

"I don't love her, Hyuna. You were right. I shouldn't have gone with the engagement. I'm sorry I've hurt you. Nothing can probably change what I did to you, but I want to be with you because-"

 

"You feel guilty." Hyuna said boldly. It was a statement, not a question. 

 

Myungsoo shook his head. "No!" Myungsoo looked softly at the girl, "Yes, I feel guilty, but that's not why I want to be with you. I love you, Hyuna. You know it."

 

"You can't do this." Hyuna said with tears. She then covered her ears and shook her head, "I don't want to hear it."

 

Myungsoo remembered well what happened last time, so he pulled back a little and loosened his grip on her. "I'm sorry. I- I'm sorry. Please don't be upset. I-I'll-"

 

Just then, Jiyeon and Sungjong came in to the room. "Hyuna-yah! You're awake!" 

 

Jiyeon looked at Myungsoo who had a worried look on his face. He looked tired and defeated. He didn't sleep all night, waiting for Hyuna by her side.

 

"O-Oppa, why don't you come with me outside? There's something I want you to see." Jiyeon sensed the heated situation and not wanting the same thing happened again, she had to drag Myungsoo out. 

 

Myungsoo gave Hyuna a worried look but he walked out with Jiyeon and did not protest.

 

Sungjong went to sit by Hyuna's bed side who finally let her hands down from her ears. She sobbed. Sungjong cleared his throat, "How are you feeling?"

 

"I-I'm okay. I- I just-" Hyuna stopped for a moment, "I feel exhausted."

 

"Doctor Choi should be here soon to check on you. He wanted to run some tests." Sungjong said, but Hyuna already knew that because Myungsoo mentioned about that earlier. "Your dad and brother were just here a couple hours ago, they had to leave because something came up in the company. Something unexpected, it seems."

 

"Oh... I see." Hyuna said, then she looked up on the guy, "D-Did Myungsoo really break off his engagement?"

 

Sungjong nodded, "He did. Naeun's mother didn't take it well so she ran away with Naeun."

 

"What?" Hyuna was surprised.

 

"Yeah, a lot was happening while you were asleep, but I'll catch up with you later because you're not well. You need rest." Sungjong said.

 

"Yah! I've been resting a lot. I just woke up in case you forgot!" Hyuna protested. "H-How? Wh-what is happening?"

 

Sungjong was unsure at first, but he knew he had to explain everything to his bestfriend. "Everyone finally knew that Naeun was lying about her blindness. Her mother actually knew about it too. Your dad was furious when he knew. He got into a big fight with Hyejin and she walked away and left your house. Your father was under a lot of stress, probably due to also you being sick and he didn't know about it. He's been coming here a lot to check on you, you know..."

 

"Ahhh... I see.." Hyuna said softly.

 

"So Hyejin left and she dragged Naeun with her. But Myungsoo already broke off the engagement before that even happened. Hyejin protested, but she couldn't do anything about it." Sungjong shrugged. "Everything just turned upside down f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter