Chapter Fifteen

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That evening, the party went perfectly. Naeun was gorgeous in her red dress. Hyuna was sitting with her family at the round table. Myungsoo and his father apparently were on the same table as she did. Myungsoo was sitting accross from her. Sunggyu was to her right side. 

 

All eyes were on Naeun who was taking the spotlight on the stage. She was stunning as she was cutting her birthday cake. Her parents joined her on the stage. Hyuna... her eyes were fixed on Myungsoo. She stared at him as her heart ached. What happened this afternoon was unexpected. She never expected Myungsoo to hide in the bathroom and to hear everything. 

 

Myungsoo stood up from his seat and walked towards the restroom. Hyuna thought that it was a good chance to talk to him now, so she stood and followed him. As soon as they were out of the ballroom hall, Hyuna called out for him.

 

"Oppa..." She said as she caught up to him, grabbing his arm. "Wait!"

 

"What do you want from me, Kim Hyuna?" His voice sounded harsh and cold. There was no softness at his tone. 

 

"I..." She looked up at him. "I j-just wan-wanted to explain about what happened this afternoon. I can explain, It's not what it sounds like."

 

"What else is there to explain?" Myungsoo looked at her coldly, as if he never loved her all this time, as if she was a stranger, as if she was never an important part of his life. "I think it's exactly like what it sounds like. You admitted it yourself that you were using me. I think that was enough for me to know."

 

Hyuna could sense how hurt he was and she felt sad. It was never her intention to hurt him. "It was before. Please, just hear me out. I didn't really know you back then. I didn't know what was love, but I never had any intention to hurt you. It wasn't until I ca-"

 

"That's enough, Hyuna! There's nothing you could say that would make me feel better. My view of you has changed and it will never be the same anymore. As I told you, we're over. I don't want anything to do with you anymore." Myungsoo said firmly. He seemed to be putting up a wall and he wasn't the Myungsoo Hyuna always knew.

 

"You can ask Sungjong. He ca-"

 

"I trusted you, Hyuna.. I really did. It took me only a couple minutes to know what kind of person you actually are. How stupid do you think I am? I am just done being your toy." Myungsoo said coldly.

 

"I'm sorry, but-"

 

"But what?" Myungsoo glared at her. "I had too much hope for you. I loved you. I had too much feelings for you. Our relationship obviously didn't mean anything to you. It was a game for you. It's done, Hyuna. We're over."

 

"Why won't you listen?" Hyuna couldn't help it and burst into tears. 

 

Hyuna saw Myungsoo stepped forward to comfort her, but then he thought better and stopped. He clenched his jaw and looked away from Hyuna with a sigh. For a second, Hyuna had thought that it killed him to see her cry, that he still cared about her.

 

"Please." Hyuna begged. "Hear me out, Oppa... I love you."

 

"I need time alone. I don't want to see you right now." He said quietly and wouldn't meet her eyes.

 

Hyuna watched his cold back walk away.

 

The party still went on like Hyuna never got her heart broken.

 

She went to the restroom to dry her tears and fix her makeup. When she was back to her seat, Naeun was having the first dance with her father. Then, it was Sunggyu's turn to dance with Naeun. Then, all the guests followed and came to the dance floor to dance. Everyone at Hyuna's table got up to find a partner to dance. 

 

Hyuna just sat there, looking at Myungsoo, who was also partnerless and just sat quietly at the table. Not long after, Myungsoo stood and went up towards Sunggyu and Naeun and asked for a chance to dance with her, to which Sunggyu immediately handed over Naeun's hand to Myungsoo.

 

Sunggyu went back to his sit, next to Hyuna. "Is there something wrong?" He asked her.

 

Hyuna was taken aback. Then she shook his head. "N-No, oppa. Nothing's wrong."

 

"You look awful. Have you been crying?" Her brother asked concernedly.

 

She shook her head. "N-No, I just had some dust in my eyes earlier."

 

"You don't seem to be enjoying the party. Did you have a fight with Myungsoo?" He asked again, curious.

 

"Just a small quarel." Hyuna lied.

 

"Did he hurt you?" Sunggyu's tone became serious.

 

Hyuna quickly shook her head. "No, oppa. He would never do that." 

 

"Hyuna, you're very naive. Oppa is just worried about you. You have to tell oppa if he ever hurt you, you got it?"

 

Hyuna just nodded. 

 

Just then, a voice joined in. "May I have the honor to dance with you?"

 

Hyuna looked up to see Hoya with a charming smile. She forced a smile at him, "I d-don't reall..."

 

"Are you going to reject? I will be very hurt." Hoya said. 

 

Hyuna looked towards Sunggyu who nodded at her and she looked back at Hoya and immediately took his hand. "I'd love to dance with you, Hoya Oppa."

 

And they went towards the dance floor.

 

It felt warm being so close with Hoya. Hyuna had always had a crush on him when she was younger, but she never thought that Hoya was this warm. 

 

Hyuna would ocassionally stole glances at Myungsoo who was dancing with Naeun not too far from them. He was focused with Naeun, smiling and talking. They looked very close.

 

"Why aren't you dancing with Myungsoo?" He asked as they slowly danced.

 

Hyuna shrugged, "Just."

 

"Did you guys have a fight?" Hoya asked the same question Sunggyu did a couple minutes ago. His tone was very protective.

 

Hyuna shook her head, "N-No, w-we're okay."

 

Hoya gazed at her softly, "I can tell that was a lie. I wish I had not caught that. What happened?"

 

"I-it's nothing, Oppa." Hyuna said weakly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter