Chapter Twenty Four

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna could hear voices, but she was asleep. She couldn't open her eyes, but she was aware...

 

"Hyu-Hyuna... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please... Just wake up.. please..." Was it her brother? It sounded like Sunggyu's voice.

 

***

 

"It's me." A familiar voice said. it was her father's. "I haven't been a good father to you. I'm sorry."

 

***

 

She could feel someone holding her hand. 

 

"...and we got all wet from the rain." He laughed, but she could feel the sadness in his laugh. It was Myungsoo. "When you wake up, I promise that I will bring you there again. I will bring you anywhere you want. We will do everything you want to do."

 

She felt him kiss her hand.

 

 

***

 

"Do you know? He really lost himself when he found out. He never leaves your side." Hoya said. "You should wake up soon and see for yourself. Be strong! You know you can do this."

 

 

***

 

"Yah Kim Hyuna! When are you going to wake up?" Sungjong complained. "How dare you surprise me with all this and now you won't wake up and explain everything to me?! How could you keep this from me? Just wait when you wake up!"

 

***

 

"It's me again, just checking how you're doing. I hope you will wake up soon. Please give me a chance to undo everything I said to you. Sorry will never be enough. I don't expect you to ever forgive me. I just..." Myungsoo said softly. "I miss you. I love you, Hyuna."

 

***

 

When Hyuna opened her eyes, she had a little bit of headache. She blinked a couple times to adjust her sight. 

 

Where am I? Am I dead? Is this the hospital? She thought.

 

Just then, the door opened and Sunggyu walked in. 

 

His eyes widened when he saw Hyuna awake. He ran towards her side. 

 

"Oh GOd! Hyuna! You're awake. I-!" Sunggyu couldn't contain his feeling. "W-waait he-here. I will call the d-doctor."

 

The doctor came in with a nurse not long after. Sunggyu just stood behind Dr. Choi as he examined Hyuna's condition. 

 

"How are you feeling, Ms. Kim?" Dr. Choi asked gently.

 

"I-I'm feeling fine, just a bit tightened in my chest and a headache." Hyuna said to him.

 

"You should rest for a bit. In a bit, I will ask the nurse to bring you some food and we'll do a more thourough examination later. Please rest well."

 

Dr. Choi and the nurse left after giving Sunggyu a small nod.

 

Sunggyu was already at the edge of her bed. "Are you feeling all right? Let me know if it hurts anywhere. Is ther eanything you need?"

 

"W-water." Hyuna said softly.

 

SUnggyu went to pour her some water and help her drink it before he put the glass back on the table beside her bed.

 

"W-Why am I here?" Hyuna asked her brother.

 

"Y-You passed out at the resort and then there was fire. Good thing that Myungsoo was able to break in and he carried you outside." Sunggyu explained shortly.

 

THen everything came back to her. She remembered everything now. She was locked in the storage room when she started smelling the smoke. It was the day of Myungsoo and Naeun's engagement.

 

Did Myungsoo save her? But there was fire and she knew that he was afraid of fire. Her heart skipped a beat at the thought of him.

 

"Myungsoo saved me?" Hyuna asked.


"That... he did." Sunggyu said. "He was fearless. We almost couldn't go in because the resort staff wouldn't allow us to go in, but thankfully he managed to go in and get you."

 

"I see." Hyuna said.

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat. "He stayed with you all the way to the hospital and he waited for you to wake up every single day. If it wasn't for me telling him to leave, he would have stayed here all the time."

 

Hyuna's heart skipped a beat. She didn't understand why Myungsoo had to do that.

 

"What about Dad? and Naeun? Are they okay?" Hyuna asked her brother curiously. 

 

"They are fine. Dad was just here an hour ago. He was really worried about you."

 

Hyuna wondered if that was true.

 

"I- How long was I out?" Hyuna asked.

 

"3 days. You were out for 3 days. I was so worried. How could you do this to me? Why didn't you tell me?" Sunggyu looked at the younger girl with sad eyes.

 

Hyuna only stared at him, confused. She scrutinized his face when it finally hit her. "W-What do you mean? D-Do you know?"

 

"Do I know what?" Sunggyu was mad. "That you're sick? Yeah. I do now."

 

Hyuna was surprised. She never wanted ayone to know. But of her brother knew... "Who else knows?"

 

"Everyone knows, Hyuna." Sunggyu said honestly.

 

Hyuna couldn't say anything.

 

"Y-You- I can't believe you were hiding this from me. I'm your brother, Hyuna."

 

Hyuna laughed, not in a funny way. "It's not like you're going to care about me, Oppa. You have other things to do, maybe take care of your blind sister. Besides, I don't need your pity."

 

"Y-You! How could you say that? It's not a pity. I love you, Hyuna. I'm your only brother."

 

"Yeah, well I'm not your only sister." She said quickly.

 

Sunggyu looked at the younger girl with sad eyes. There were hurt in her eyes. She had been carrying all the pain by herself. She had always been strong, but he didn't know that she was this strong. 

 

"Anyway... I'm okay now. I'm still alive and I'm awake. You don't have to stay here if you don't want to." Hyuna suggested. She could still remember the day her brother didn't trust her. She was hurt and she could never forget it.

 

"I'm sorry." Sunggyu muttered. "I haven't been a good brother to you. I should have been protecting you, but I hurt you a lot. I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I want you to know that you are my only sister. You are my baby sister. I will never let anything or anyone hurt you again. Please... Hyuna... please forgive Oppa. I just- I didn't know why I did what I did. I'm sorry."

 

"Oppa..." She softened. She stared at him who looked very sorry. A tear escaped her eyes. She knew she could forgive easily. "I-"

 

"That's all right."

 

"No." She said, firmly. "I forgive you, Oppa. I was just giving you a hard time. I'm sorry."

 

Sunggyu hugged his little sister. She smelled a lot like their mother. "Thank you, Hyuna."

 

Suddenly, the door were open abruptly. "Hyung, I heard your voicemail so I came right away."

 

Hyuna stared at the direction of the door. Myungsoo stood there. His eyes locked with hers. "H-Hyunaa..."

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat. "I-I'm gonna go see Dr. Choi. Will you please look for her, Myungsoo?"

 

Sunggyu patted the younger boy's shoulder just before he stepped out of the room.

 

Myungsoo walked over next to her bed. He seemed relieved and grateful to see her again. "H-Hi, how are you feeling?"

 

"I'm fine." Hyuna said with a smile. 

 

"God, Hyuna..." Myungsoo's voice was soft and desperate, like he was very thankful and worri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter