Chapter Four

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Wow! Your dad's house is huge." Sungjong said, amazed. He was visiting Hyuna that day.

 

"Don't say it as if yours isn't." Hyuna grimaced.

 

Sungjong laughed, satisfied. 

 

They just went around the whole house and just entered Hyuna's room when they saw her step-mother inside. She dressed up like she was going out somewhere. She dressed up very fancy with an expensive looking handbag in her arm.

 

She looked at Hyuna then at Sungjong as if screening him. 

 

"H-Hello Auntie, I'm Hyuna's friend, Sungjong." Sungjong greeted politely. "Nice to meet you."

 

"I can see that!" Hyejin snapped. Then she turned to Hyuna and handed over what seemed to be an envelope with cash in it. She threw it towards Hyuna harshly and it fell to the floor. "Your dad told me to give this to you for your allowance and some shopping."

 

Hyejin rolled her eyes at Hyuna and continued, "This is a lot of money. Do you even need to go shopping? Just how much exactly do you need a month? It's not like you have something to spend it on. Can't you be a little wiser spending your money? You don't need to buy new clothes and all, just use the ones Naeun has. We're really tight on money."

 

"You are? I didn't know that." Hyuna looked at Hyejin. From top to bottom, nothing she wore was cheap, her handbag was probably worth thirty times of Hyuna's allowance. That was totally not the way a person who was tight on money dressed up.

 

"You should know that we're already spending too much on you. Just your school alone is already so expensive! Can't you understand that?" Hyejin added with raising her tone. "Or at least you should make yourself a bit useful in this house by cleaning the house since we give you money? Isn't that what you used to do back at the village?" 

 

Sungjong, who was standing beside Hyuna, was in complete shock by the way Hyejin talk to Hyuna.

 

Hyuna just kept quiet and took it all in. She wasn't going to blow up now. She knew what Hyejin had done to her family and she swore she would make her pay. She wasn't going to explode at the moment.

 

"I don't know if your mother ever taught you that if you lived at someone else's house, you should at least be polite and offer to do something. But you just do nothing! She never taught you manner? I guess she didn't live up to her good reputation at all. No wonder your father dumped her." Hyejin commented then she looked at her watch and left hurriedly.

 

Hyuna's eyes were wet with tears that were threatening to fall. She clenched her fist. Hyejin dared to not only embarass her in front of her bestfriend, but she also talked bad about her mother.

 

*

 

"Are you okay?" Sungjong asked a couple hours later as they sat in the garden. Sungjong had stayed and had accompanied Hyuna all day today.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine." Hyuna said with no energy.

 

"I'm sorry, Hyuna-yah. You must-"

 

Before Sungjong could continue, the maid had come. "Miss Hyuna, you have a guest. He's waiting in the living room."

 

Hyuna looked at Sungjong confusedly. She didn't have that many friends in Seoul, so that was a bit strange. Sungjong felt the same. 

 

"Who is it?" Hyuna asked.

 

"It's young master Myungsoo." The maid replied and left.

 

Sungjong immediately gave Hyuna a questioning look. "Who is this Myungsoo person? Am I supposed to know anything about him?"

 

"He's someone I just met recently." Hyuna shrugged. "Wait here, I'll be back!"

 

Hyuna went to the living room and Myungsoo was sitting down by himself. He was no stranger to everyone in this house and he was already comfortable here, but Hyuna wondered why he was looking for her and not Sunggyu or Naeun whom he knew longer.

 

"Myungsoo-ssi?"

 

Myungsoo stood and smiled widely upon seeing Hyuna. "H-hi, Hyuna-ssi."

 

"Hi." Hyuna responded back. "You were looking for me, I heard?"

 

"Y-Yeah." Myungsoo said as he stepped closer and stood before her. "I-I hope I didn't disturb you or anything."

 

Hyuna shook her head. "Oh not at all. I'm just-" Hyuna paused for a second, "I'm just surprised that someone was looking for me. And I'm even more surprised that it's you."

 

"Were you really?" Myungsoo laughed, his smile reached his eyes. He was gorgeous. Hyuna couldn't deny that. He was probably the most good looking guy she'd known. "I was-"

 

Myungsoo cleared his throat, "I kinda rushed coming here. I- I thought a lot these past couple days. I couldn't sleep because I had a lot in my mind." 

 

He gazed deeply into her eyes that were staring at him.

 

"Yeah? What is it?" Hyuna asked him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter