Chapter Twelve

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna was still in recovery two days later. The doctor let her rest at home since she insisted to go home. Her brother didn't have a choice but bring some stuffs from the hospital to her bedroom, turning her bedroom into a ward. She was still injected with IV. She was still weak, yet she would always refuse to eat.

 

"Come on! You have to eat!" Sunggyu said again with a heavy sigh. Naeun was sitting at the side of her bed, with a plate of food in her hands, trying to help Hyuna to eat.

 

Hyuna kept silent and shook her head. She stared out her windows. She had been doing that all the time. 

 

"Unnie! Just one more spoon." Naeun said nicely.

 

"I'm not hungry anymore. Please leave me alone." Hyuna looked at the two then back to staring out the window.

 

Sunggyu just shook his head at Naeun who understood. They both got up and left Hyuna's room.

 

Myungsoo who was outside all this time immediately ran towards the older guy and younger girl. Myungsoo's face was full of worry, "H-How is she?"

 

Sunggyu shook his head, "Still refused to eat."

 

Just then, Myungsoo's phone rang. He looked at the screen before answering, "Oh Jiyeon-ah!"

 

Myungsoo was listening to whatever Jiyeon said over the phone. Sunggyu and Naeun could feel his face tightened and turned angry for some reason.

 

"WHAT, they did what?!"

 

"Are you sure?" Myungsoo asked sternly.

 

Sunggyu could sense that Myungsoo's mood had changed then.

 

"Thank you, Jiyeon-ah. I'll take care of it." And he hung up.

 

Myungsoo slipped his cellphone back into his pocket and looked up at Sunggyu with his fist clenched, "Hyung... Hyu-hyuna... They were trying to her."

 

Naeun gasped in horror, while Sunggyu tightened, "Bastards..."

 

That very same night, Myungsoo didn't waste time. He went to find those three guys who tried to Hyuna right away. He was furious. Who would do this to Hyuna? 

 

He threatened the guys and of course they were scared of Myungsoo. Myungsoo was filthy rich, he could do anything he wanted to. Those three guys may be rich, but Myungsoo's family was a thousand times richer than theirs. They would be afraid that their parents might lose their business because ot Myungsoo.

 

They promised him that it would never happen again.

 

**

 

The next day, Hyuna woke up with Myungsoo sitting at the edge of her bed. 

 

"You're awake." He smiled warmly.

 

Hyuna blinked, surprised. "W-WHat are you doing here?"

 

"I was watching you sleep." Myungsoo grinned mischievously.

 

"I... I don't want to see you. Please leav-"

 

"I'm not leaving." Myungsoo cut her off. Then he caressed her hair gently. "I'm not leaving you, Hyuna-yah."

 

Hyuna managed to say, "I want to be alone."

 

"I know what they did to you and I'm not leaving you. I won't let you go through this alone. I care for you. I-I'm so sorry." Myungsoo said softly. "When you broke up with me, I couldn't believe it. I thought maybe that you just needed time and you'd come back to your senses soon. And then your picture was spread everywhere in school. I-"

 

Hyuna was just staring at the boy.

 

"I was disappointed, thinking that you have become a completely different person just to earn money. I couldn't believe that you would do something like that. Then I saw you got bullied at school. My heart broke, but I couldn't hide my dissappoinment still. Until that day, Sunggyu hyung called me. He was worried about you, telling me that you hadn't gone home. I knew right away that something was wrong. And we found you-" Myungsoo paused.

 

Hyuna swore she could see his eyes teary and she somehow could feel him regretful.

 

"My heart stopped and I thought you were dying. I didn't know what happened. I'm sorry. They wouldn't have bullied you so much if I wasn't trying to avoid you so much. I-I'm so sorry, Hyuna. I didn't mean to- I was just- I won't ever let that happen to you again. I promise. Do you think I care about your past? I don't care if you used to be a stripper or whatever... I just love you and I want to protect you."

 

Hyuna's eyes were starting to get wet. Her heart was hurting. "O-oppa..."

 

"I love you, Hyuna. Please don't push me away. I can't- I can't go on without you." Myungsoo stared into her eyes.

 

Hyuna looked away, avoiding his eyes and shook her head. "I can't... I can't be with you. I'm sorry."

 

"Hyuna, I know what they did to you. They tried to you."

 

Hyuna covered and choked back her tears. She could still remember the horror of that day. But that wasn't what worried her. It was true that Hyuna was scared that day, that she was still terrified just at the thought of it. But she didn't want to be with Myungsoo because she didn't feel that she deserved him.

 

"What they did to yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter