Chapter Seventeen

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna had been waiting at the fountain by 4:30 PM. She had believed that Myungsoo would come. She would tell him honestly about how she felt, and she would slowly explained him about her previous revenge plan. She would tell him everything.

 

30 minutes had passed by and it was now 5 PM. Hyuna smiled to herself, telling herself that she could do this.

 

An hour later.... He still hadn't showed up.

 

2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours, 5 hours..... He never showed up.

 

It was 10 PM now. And Hyuna looked at her watch. Her face had turned into a frown. She had thought maybe Myungsoo was busy today and he had a sudden meeting? 

 

She started feeling cold as she didn't bring any sweater, so she rubbed her hands in her arms.

 

She decided that it was best to go home now.

 

When she got home, she was surprised that Myungsoo was there, his father was there too. So Hyuna knew why he didn't show up. They were all there, her father, brother, Naeun,  Hyejin, Myungsoo and his dad. They were having a dinner together. So she wasn't invited?

 

"Good evening, Uncle, Myungsoo Oppa..."

 

"You're finally here." Myungsoo's father smiled widely at her. "We've been waiting to see you."

 

"How have you been, uncle Kim?" Hyuna asked politely.

 

"Magnificent." He smiled warmly. "Take a seat! We were just going to have dessert now. I know it's very late, but we were talking too much tonight that we forgot to eat. Have you eaten anything yet?"

 

Hyuna did take a seat accross from Myungsoo. Then she answered Myungsoo's father, "I-I have." She lied. Truth was she was waiting all day by the fountain in the cold weather.

 

Hyuna felt weird being there. It was as if she was intruding the dinner. How come she didn't know in the first place? Did they forget to tell her?

 

Hyuna could hear her father clearing his throat. "So Hyuna.... Myungsoo's father came here tonight for something. You just missed out the talk."

 

"Oh I'm pretty sure I did." Hyuna said as she was served with chocolate cake.

 

"Perhaps we can explain a little bit to Hyuna here about our grand plan." Hyejin said happily. It was very unusual of her to be this happy. Tonight she was just very happy and it kind of scared Hyuna a little bit.

 

Hyuna looked to see her brother's face who didn't look too happy, but he gave her a reassuring smile that somehow calmed her pounding heart.

 

"It's really nothing special, Hyuna." Myungsoo's father said with a fatherly tone.

 

"How is it now special?" Hyejin protested with a smile, "Of course it is. We are going to have a big party for this. Don't you want it too, Naeun? We'll throw you guys a grand party."

 

"Mom..." Naeun felt a bit uncomfortable. "We don't have to."

 

"What do you mean we don't have to?? It's your engagement party." Hyejin said.

 

Hyuna almost choked her cake. Naeun was getting married? How come she didn't know this? She didn't remember seeing Naeun with a boyfriend before because she knew that Naeun only had feeling for-

 

Hyuna's mind was trying to process.

 

"I'm pretty sure Myungsoo would like a big party as well. Don't you, Myungsoo? After all, it's your and Naeun's engagement party." Hyejin bragged. 

 

Hyuna accidentally dropped her spoon to the ground. All eyes were on her. She panicked. "S-Sorry.. I-I... I drop-- I- uh- my spoon fell."

 

Say that again????

 

Hyuna's heart was aching and she wondered if she heard that correctly. 

 

"There's no need to have a big party." Hyuna's father finally said. "It's just an engagement party. We can just have a small one with family and close friends."

 

"Well... I guess you are right." Hyejin said with a mocking tone towards Hyuna. "There's still the wedding anyway. That one must be a grand wedding then. I'm thinking a 5 star hotel, what do you think, Naeun?"

 

"Mom!" Naeun said, annoyed. It was as if she knew how Hyuna would feel about this.

 

Hyuna's heart was racing three times faster than normal. She blinked back her tears and her head suddenly felt dizzy. Was this really happening? Myungsooo and Naeun were getting married? Was she hearing the right thing?

 

Sunggyu had his eyes fixed on his sister. This was the reason why he didn't want her on the dinner tonight. He didn't want her to be hurt. 

 

Hyuna had a lump in and there were tears b in her eyes. She choked them back over and over again. She needed to think. Her world was spinning and she wished she could stop time and go back to before she came home for the dinner.

 

"Hyuna, this was the news. We were not sure how to bring it to you since you did have a relationship with Myungsoo before." Myungsoo's father started. 

 

"They will be getting engaged next month and they'll stay engaged until after they graduate from college. They will get married after they both graduate." This time, it was her father who explained to her.

 

"Unnie, I'm sorry. I didn't know you would find out like this. I wanted to tell you myself.... but..."

 

"It's okay." Hyuna forced a smile. "I think I just remember that I'm supposed to be having a sleepover at a friend's house, so I'll head out first. I'm sorry Uncle Kim, I didn't mean to be rude."

 

With that, she quickly left the dining table.

 

"Hyuna, wait!" Sunggyu grabbed her arm as she was about to reach the front door. "Wait! Where are you going? It's late."

 

"I'm sleeping over at Sungjong's. I forgot that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter