Chapter Three

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Hyuna could see it from the corner of her eyes that Myungsoo was staring at her during dinner that night. She tried hard to keep her cool as she ate dinner tonight.    Hyuna was being her usual quiet self at the dining table. Her dad was mostly talking about business with Moonho with Hyejin listening soundly and interupting them once in a while. Sunggyu would talk to Myungsoo and Naeun would join in. They had known each other for so long so it was only normal for them to talk about things that Hyuna didn't even understand.   Tonight, Hyuna learned that her dad was actually a good friend of Myungsoo's father.    "Have some more of this, Myungsoo!" Hyejin smiled sweetly at Myungsoo as she put some chicken on his plate.   "Thank you, Auntie." Myungsoo said softly. "This is really good. You really know how to cook."   "Ah, not really. It's just my hobby to cook." Hyejin said. "You're always welcome to eat here if you want."   "T-That's very nice of you." Myungsoo told her.   Hyuna's father laughed. "You might as well just move here, Myungsoo-ah! My wife will cook anything you want."   "You guys need to stop spoiling my son." Myungsoo's father laughed, the kind of fatherly laugh. "Maybe Myungsoo should just marry one of your daughters instead, so he could move here. You have two beautiful daughters here."   Myungsoo's father smiled at Hyuna. Hyuna wasn't sure if she should return his smile. His smile was genuine, like there was something behind it.   "I don't mind at all." Hyuna's dad agreed. "I think it's actually a great idea. We could expand our business together too."   Hyejin smiled. "Naeun here has a crush on Myungsoo since she was young. What do you think of her, Myungsoo?"   Hyuna wanted to laugh. It was so obvious that this lady wanted the boy as her son-in-law.   Naeun choked on her drink, "M-Mom! I-It's not like that!"   Naeun tried denying, but it was all over her face. She liked Myungsoo. Her cheeks flushed and her face turned red.   "So, what do you think of getting Myungsoo and Naeun married?" Hyejin asked at Myungsoo's father. "It would be great to have him as my son-in-law." Then she turned towards Myungsoo. "You guys are already old enough."   Myungsoo's father laughed loudly. "I don't think it's a bad idea, however, I don't have the right to choose a partner for my son. I think Myungsoo should decide himself whom he wants to be with."   Hyuna could feel Myungsoo's eyes on her as she took a spoonful in . She caught his gaze for a second before looking away.   "N-Naeun and I are just good friends." Myungsoo said softly. But for some reason, Hyuna felt that it was as if he was talking to her instead.     ***     Hyuna was in the dance room at school. She was by herself, dancing. She was doing ballet. It had always been her passion, doing ballet. She had learned it since she was very young. She moved beautifully here and there, made some hard moves that were in rhythm with the song.   But the feeling was sad for some reason, like she was lonely, like she was empty.   From outside the dance room, there was a pair of eyes watching her.   Myungsoo.   He'd been watching her move beautifully for about ten minutes now and he couldn't help himself from looking.    *   Hyuna finished her ballet practice. She just left the girls room to change when she felt a pain in her chest and head. Her head was throbbing and she wondered if it was from too much dancing earlier. She reached her locker to put her stuff in when her sights began to get blurry.    She heard a voice calling out her name and she knew it was a familiar voice, only she couldn't make out who it was until she turned around to see a blurry Myungsoo.   "H-Hi." She greeted, but there were ringing in her ears.   "A-Are you okay?" She heard him ask. "You look pale."   Before she could say a word, the world had turned black for her.   *   Hyuna opened her eyes to find herself lying in a room, probably the infirmary.   Myungsoo came in with the nurse as Hyuna just got up.   "You're awake?" The nurse said.   "What happened?" Hyuna asked. She only remembered changing her clothes and seeing Myungsoo by her locker.   "You fainted." Myungsoo responded. "Scared me to death." There was worries in his voice.   "This young man carried you all the way here." The nurse explained as she handed a glass of water to Hyuna.   Hyuna took a sip and handed it back to the nurse. "Really?" Hyuna looked at Myungsoo. "T-Thank you!"   "How are you feeling now?" Myungsoo asked.   "I'm all right." Hyuna answered.    The nurse looked at her, checking her temperature, "I've got a permission for you to leave school. You don't have to stay at school. You're rather weak right now. Are you on your period?"   Hyuna gazed at Myungsoo briefly and he looked away, embarrased. Such an embarassing question to ask a girl in front of a guy.   Hyuna managed a quick nod.    "I see." The nurse said. "It's very normal. You're just tired. Make sure to rest and drink lots of water, understand?"   "Y-Yes."   "Okay. Will you be able to go home yourself? Or is there anyone home that can pick you up?" The nurse asked.   Hyuna shook her head. There was noone home other than her step-mother. She doubted that her step-mother would want to do that. "I think I could manage myself."   "Noo!" Myungsoo protested and turned towards the nurse, "I'll take her home! I know where she lives."   "Sounds good." The nurse left.   Hyuna looked up at Myungsoo, "Y-You don't have to, Myungsoo-ssi. I can take a bus home."   Myungsoo shook his head. "I can't let you do that!"   Ten minutes later, they were driving in Myungsoo's Audi.    "Tha-thank you, Myungsoo-ssi for driving me home." Hyuna said shyly. "That's really nice of you."   Myungsoo had one hand on the steering wheel while the other hand clutching on the stick. "It's nothing, really. But are you sure you're all right?"   Hyuna nodded. "Ye-Yeah."   Hyuna had always had anemia and she had some days where she would feel very weak, like today for example.   She looked at Myungsoo and how flawless he was. He was gorgeous and polite. He was well-mannered. It was no wonder her father and step-mother like him so much.   Silence enveloped them. Until... Hyuna's stomach growled.   Myungsoo let out a short laugh making Hyuna blush.   "Sorry." Hyuna apologized.   "How about we stop somewhere for a meal?" Myungsoo suggested then he grinned mischievously. "You still owe me lunch."   *   And they were sitting at some cafe a couple miles away from Hyuna's house.   "I've never told you this, but you look strangely familiar the first time we met." Myungsoo said to break the silence. "It's like I've seen you somewhere before."   "I don't think you have. I'm not originally from Seoul."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter