Chapter Twenty One

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna and Myungsoo stared at each other. Hyuna's heart was beating rapidly just by standing before him. Couldn't he get more handsome and charming? How did he ever like her to begin with? She had nothing and she wasn't up to his standard for sure. The more she thought about it, the more she thought that Naeun was a better match for him.

 

Myungsoo just stood there, shocked to see the younger girl standing before him. He hadn't seen her for a while and his heart somehow was beating fast at the sight of her. Why was she here? She looked like she'd lost so much weight. She was so skinny and she looked pale, like she was sick. She looked so weak that she could fall any moment. He wondered why she would look like she wasn't taken care of if she was living with Hoya and Sungjong now.

 

"Yah yah L! I didn't know what you want to order so I didn't order for you. Go ahead with your order so we can catch up!" His friend suddenly broke their gaze.

 

"I-I'll just have the most popular dish you have." Myungsoo said to Hyuna then he went ahead to take a sit beside his friends.

 

Hyuna quickly left the room and processed the order. Why must her heart beat so fast when she hadn't seen him for a while? Why must her heart react wildly at the sight of him? Why must her body want to touch him as if it missed his warm embrace?

 

It was good to see that he looked healthy. At least, he'd been living well and taking care of himself. Hyuna debated if she should talk to Myungsoo this time. After all, he was getting engaged on the weekend. It might be her last chance to talk to him.

 

When the chef had the food ready, Hyuna brought them tray by tray since there were a lot of orders. When she was passing out the food at Myungsoo & his friends' table, she suddenly felt the familiar excruciating pain in her chest. She held onto her chest for a second and tried to breathe normally. 

 

She tried to ignore the pain and kept on bringing food to the table. Her face had gone completely pale. When she was putting the plate on the table, it almost slipped from her hand. One of Myungsoo's friends looked at her, "Are you okay? You don't look good."

 

This brought Myungsoo's eyes to look at Hyuna. She was as white as a ghost.

 

"Y-Yes. Sorry, I almost spilled it." Hyuna said in between her pain. She was holding it. "Th-this is the last plate. Please enjoy your food. I'll check on you guys again later."

 

She bowed politely and quickly made her way towards the restroom. She went into one of the stalls and sit on the toilet while clutching on her chest. She reached for her pocket where she kept one pill of her medication and immediately swallowed it. She was in so much pain. The pain had become unbearable and it was bothering her so much. 

 

She waited for a moment until it slowly went away. She let a tear fall down her face. Seeing Myungsoo somehow reminded her of the last time she met her family as well. She wondered how Sunggyu was doing. She missed her brother and hoped that he was doing all right. She wondered if Myungsoo still babysit Naeun all the time. She missed him even more. He was close, yet she couldn't do anything. She needed him most, yet he wasn't by her side.

 

She went out of the stall and went towards the sink to wash her hand and looked into the mirror. She told herself that she would be okay, that she would hold on right now. She had decided that she would take one last chance talking to Myungsoo.

 

When the reunion was over, the cafe was also closing. Most of the people at the reunion had left. Myungsoo was still there. When he was on his way out, Hyuna was too.

 

She had received a text from Hoya earlier, saying that he'd be a little bit late so she thought that it was a good chance to talk to Myungsoo.

 

When Hyuna was sure that Myungsoo was alone, she came up to him. "M-Myungsoo Oppa... Can I talk to you for a sec?"

 

Myungsoo was just about to walk back to his car, but he agreed to talk.

 

"So, you're getting engaged this weekend." She said with a smile. "Congratulations, I guess." Somehow, there was a pang in her heart when she said it. But she meant it.

 

"Thanks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter