Chapter Twenty Two

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had a hard time writing this chapter. It just felt that it wasn't right all the time, hence why I haven't updated for a while. But please enjoy this chapter!

 

The engagement party was going to be grand. The Kim family had rented a resort up in the mountain for the party. They also provided transportation for people to come to the party. Naeun's mom had planned everything, every little detail. From the venue, food, decoration, even Naeun's dress. She organized everything herself and she had spent a lot for this. 

 

Naeun, Myungsoo, and their family had been in the resort since a day before the party. 

 

The night of the party came. Everyone in the family could be seen there. Naeun and Myungsoo were dancing in front of the guests. Myungsoo was leading Naeun's every move. They danced so beautifully that the girls were so jealous of Naeun. Not only she was gorgeous, but she had money, she had a rich and good looking fiancee, and her life was just like a princess. She had everything.

 

The guests were now having their buffett dinner, so they were paying attention on their food.

 

Meanwhile, Hyuna walked in to the ballroom with Hoya and Sungjong behind her. Jieyon who was also in the party was very happy to see her bestfriend there. She never knew about Hyuna's condition, but she knew how much Hyuna must have hurt because of Myungsoo. Jiyeon hadn't been in talking terms with Myungsoo. Part of it was because of Hyuna. Jiyeon never likes Naeun and with Naeun getting engaged to Myungsoo was only making it worse.

 

Hyuna was stunning that night despite the small frame of her body that was getting smaller. She was thinner than ever, but she was still drop dead gorgeous. Her long red dress showed her confidence as she entered the ballroom with the two guys behind her.

 

Almost all eyes turned to her, everyone who knew her relationship and Myungsoo, that is. They were wondering what Hyuna was doing here and if she was here to destroy the party.

 

Bomi & Eunji, who happened to be invited, came over to her.

 

"Look who's here. How dare she even enter her foot in here!" Bomi said accusingly.

 

Eunji snickered, "She probably still can't get over L oppa. I knew from the start that L deserved so much better than this thing."

 

Sungjong was about to speak up, but Jiyeon beat him to it. Sohyun was behind Jiyeon.

 

"Cut it out, will you? Or do you want to die?" She glared at the two girls. They were always scared of Jiyeon, of what she was capable of doing.

 

After getting one look at Hyuna, they left.

 

"You look stunning, unnie!" Sohyun exclaimed happily.

 

"I didn't think you would come. Are you going to be okay?" Jiyeon asked her bestfriend. 

 

Hyuna just nodded. Her eyes were fixed at one person. Myungsoo.

 

Suddenly, her brother was by her side.

 

"What are you doing here, Hyuna?" Sunggyu asked. "You shouldn't be here."

 

Hyuna was hurt by her brother's remark.

 

"Hyung, is she not allowed to come here?" Hoya snapped back at the older guy.

 

"T-THat's not what I meant." Sunggyu defended himself.

 

"I-It's all right."

 

"I hope you enjoy the party then." Sunggyu said and left.

 

Hoya was dissappointed at Sunggyu. They were bestfriends and he couldn't believe that's how he treated his own sister.

 

They were standing there and talking for a while there. Hyuna was lost in her own thoughts. She wasn't really listening to what everyone was talking about. She didn't really come here to enjoy the party. She came for something else...

 

She finally saw that Myungsoo and Naeun were finally not surrounded by guests and she thought that it was her chance. So she excused herself from her friends and went over towards Myungsoo. She looked at Hoya for approval before she left. And he gave her a warm smile and a nod. He knew.

 

Myungsoo was surprised to see Hyuna standing before him. She was beautiful. Her makeup was simple and natural, nothing much needed to cover her natural beauty. 

 

"H-Hi..." Hyuna greeted the couple.

 

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Myungsoo asked with a cold tone.

 

"U-unnie, Hyuna unnie? Is that you?" Naeun asked. Hyuna knew she pretended. Hyuna knew that Naeun already knew that it was her since the beginning. After all, Hyuna was the only person who knew about her lies, now Hoya knew too.

 

"I-I know. I wasn't invited." She chuckled at herself. Then she could feel her heart beat faster, "I-I didn't come here to create a scene or something. I didn't come here to ask you to take me back again, Oppa." Somehow she felt a pang in her heart when she said that. "I- I just..."

 

She looked at the guy standing before her, the only guy she ever loved.

 

She held back the tears that were threatening to fall. She knew she wanted to do this. 

 

She gave him a smile, a warm smile. "I just want to congratulate you guys. I really wish you two happiness. This is a start for you. You guys are getting closer to becoming a family. And I'm really happy for you."

 

She meant it. She really did.

 

"U-Unnie... th-thank you." Naeun said softly.

 

Hyuna kept looking back and forth at Myungsoo and Naeun. "I'm here to give you my blessing. That's all."

 

"Thanks." Myungsoo said flatly.

 

Hyuna fixed her eyes at him, searching for his eyes. "I also came here to tell you that I'm finally able to let go and that I decided to move on with my life. I want to be happy for you and I always wish you happiness. I wish that everything will always go well for you two. I will always pray for you two."

 

Myungsoo could sense the sadness in her eyes. For some reason, he felt as if she was saying goodbye. There was something that was bothering him, but he brushed it away. After all, it was his big day.

 

"We may be together before, but I am your past and Naeun is your future. I just want to tell you to be happy." She said again. She felt that she kept repeating everytihng. Hyuna felt that she couldn't explain what she was feeling in words. 

 

"Thank you." Myungsoo said. "Again. That's very nice of you."

 

"NO." Hyuna shook her head. "Thank you! I want to thank you for giving me great memories together. I will always cherish it."

 

"U-unniie.." Naeun muttered so softly. Even she could feel the sadness in Hyuna's words.

 

"I also have something else." Hyuna said suddenly. She placed her hand in her chest and took out a necklace that was hiding behind her dress. She took off her necklace. A ring was hanging there.

 

Myungsoo's eyes widened as he recognized it.

 

It was his mother's ring, the ring he gave to Hyuna. The ring that he wanted her to hold on until he could buy her the real one with his own hard earned money and propose to her. The ring that he wanted her to keep because she was his future at the time. He never knew that Hyuna has been carrying it with her all this time. She never wore the ring in her finger, but she kept it as a necklace.

 

Myungsoo only smiled then he took something out of his pocket. A ring.

 

Hyuna gasped. He couldn't...

 

"Before you think that I'm proposing to you..." Myungsoo said. He then took Hyuna's hand and placed the ring on her hand, "I want you to keep this. This ring belongs to my mother."

 

Hyuna looked up at him, "But oppa... this is... I can't..."

 

"This is a promise ring. I want you to keep it until I can propose you for real. My mother received it from my grandmother, so it's a family heritage. I trust that you will keep this for me. I want you to have it."

 

"Oppa, no! This is not so-"

 

"Please." He cut her off. "There's no one else I want to be with in this world, just you... You are my future, so this is yours."

 

"I've been keeping this for a while." Hyuna said with a smile. "It's time that it returns to the right owner."

 

Hyuna grabbed Naeun's hand and placed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter