Chapter Sixteen

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna had been trying to keep herself busy for the past two weeks. Ever since the accident at Naeun's birthday party, she felt she wasn't the same person anymore.

 

She just got home from her usual dance training in school. When she got home, she saw Naeun was trying to come down the stairs. She quickly threw her backpack and ran towards Naeun.

 

"What are you doing?" Hyuna raised her tone a little bit as she helped her walk down the stairs. "Why didn't you call anyone to help you?"

 

"I just want to see if I can do this myself, Unnie." Naeun said softly.

 

"You shouldn't. What if you fall?" Hyuna asked worriedly. Naeun was like her little sister now and she cared so much about her. 

 

Naeun lost her eyesight after the accident. She was lucky to survive it, but due to the hard hit on her head, she lost her eyesight. Doctor had said that this was just a temporary thing. Her eyesight could come back anytime. It could be tonight, tomorrow, a week, a month, or even ten years later.... Who knows? 

 

Naeun had accepted that she couldn't see and she remained living normally.

 

"I just didn't want to burden anyone, Unnie." Naeun said.

 

"You won't." Hyuna said warmly as they reached the sofa downstairs. Hyuna helped Naeun sit down. "Do you need anything? I will get it for you."

 

Naeun smiled. "No. I'm good now, just waiting for Myungsoo oppa to come. I'll wait here."

 

Hyuna forced a smile even though she knew Naeun couldn't see. "Okay. Please yell my name if you need anything. I'll just be in the kitchen."

 

"Araso, Unnie." Naeun said cutely.

 

Hyuna then headed towards the kitchen to make herself some sandwhich for lunch. 

 

For the past two weeks, Naeun had been staying home. She would start school next week. Myungsoo had been visiting a lot, but not for Hyuna anymore. It was rather for Naeun.

 

Myungsoo felt that he owed her his life, that he would come to check on her every day after school. And he would stay until late so he could help her do things. He had not been working at the office for a while because he had to take care of Naeun. 

 

Hyuna still had been trying to talk to Myungsoo although it never succeeded. Myungsoo would always find a reason not to. He would avoid her at all cost. Hyuna understood this and she would stay away to give him a space.

 

The news of Myungsoo breaking up with Hyuna had been heard everywhere in school, even Sunggyu. Sunggyu didn't know what to do seeing his sisters got tangled up in this so-called triangle love. If only he could make a copy of Myungsoo and gave one for each his sister.

 

When Hyuna finished eating, she went back towards the family room and Myungsoo was already there. He was just sitting next to Naeun while reading her a book. He would do this every day. He would read her book, bring her to places, help her walk and eat, etc. Hyejin liked it that Myungsoo grew closer with Naeun.

 

Hyuna cleared and walked towards the table to get her backpack which was in front of Myungsoo.

 

"H-Hi, Myungsoo oppa." She smiled at him, still with full of hope. She was happy that she could at least see him.

 

"H-Hey." He greeted back and avoided her gaze. He went back to reading the book for Naeun.

 

"Unnie, are you going somewhere again?" Naeun asked her and Myungsoo stopped reading.

 

"Y-Yeah, I'm just going to school." Hyuna explained shortly.

 

"But you just came back." Naeun protested.

 

"I still have a practice, Naeun-ah. I only came home to eat." Hyuna said softly.

 

Naeun pouted. "I was hoping you would come with us to have ice cream. Myungsoo oppa is taking me to go to the ice cream shop that just opened up at the mall. I heard it's the place where people our age hang out now." She giggled.

 

"Oh really? That's good for you. I hope you enjoy it. Unnie will go now, call me if you need anything?" Hyuna asked Naeun.

 

"I will, Unnie. Please don't get too tired. You're barely home these days. You only come home to eat and sleep. You leave early and come home very late every night. You must be very tired."

 

"It's nothing." Hyuna stole a glance at Myungsoo. "See you!"

 

**

 

Every day, Hyuna would be at the dance room, practicing. She would go to class, but if she didn't have anything to do, she would practice. She had an audition in three weeks and she had been working so hard for it. It had always been her dream to be a professional ballerina. This audition would allow her to travel the world and perform in many famous stages all over the world with a lot of other ballet dancers. Only 3 people would be picked from Korea to join the other dancers from all over the world and Hyuna hoped to be one of them.

 

She left home at 5 every morning to practice and she would come back home by 12 every night. 

 

Suddenly she felt a tight pain in her chest while she was dancing. She had to stop and caught her breath again. She had been practicing too hard and never listened to what her body was saying. Even when she had a slight headache and common cold, she would still practice. It wasn't only because she wanted to do good on the audition, but also because she could forget her heartache for a moment. She could forget Myungsoo for a while.

 

Hyuna lie down as she clutched into her chest. There was a dizziness that came next. She thought she must have been tiring her body so much, practicing from 5 AM - midnight everyday. This pain had been coming on and off for a while and she always ignored it.

 

Recently, it had gotten worse. It was so bad to the point she wanted to die. She also al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter