Chapter One

A bucket of teardrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first time for Hyuna stepping foot in her father's house. This was a new house. It was bigger and more beautiful than the last house. She remembered the last time she came to his house, it didn't look like this. Just when was the last time she had seen her own father? Maybe six or seven years ago... It wasn't even a long meeting. She remembered the last meeting was only because she needed to borrow some money from him.

 

Hyuna's parents got divorced about fifteen years ago. Her mother wanted to take both children with her, but her father rejected and forced Sunggyu to come with him. It was just decided then that Hyuna would live with the mother in the countryside, while her brother, Sunggyu, would live with her dad. Hyuna and Sunggyu, her older brother, had always missed each other in the past. Sunggyu would always come to the countryside at least twice a year to see his little sister. But he never visited anymore recently. And this made Hyuna sad.

 

Not long after Hyuna's parents got divorced, her dad got married with Hyejin, a widow with a daughter. Her daughter was only a year younger than Hyuna. Hyuna's father, Kim Jongwoon, really loves Naeun like his own daughter. He bought her everything and he really spoiled her. And this made Hyuna very jealous. Not only did her dad give Naeun everything, even Sunggyu seemed to love Naeun more than he did to Hyuna.

 

Hyuna and her mother lived a hard life back in the village. Hyuna had to go to school while helping her mother do farming, gardening, and selling crops in order for them to live. Sunggyu however, lived a good life with his father in the city. Their father was a successful businessman and he owned a couple of malls, restaurants, and other business.

 

Hyuna resented her father very much. First, because he walked out on them and divorced her mother. Second, he separated her from her brother. Third, he got married again and live a happy life while herself and her mother were suffering. Lastly, he never NEVER come to the countrysie to visit her even just once although he sometimes sent her presents and money. But what she hated more is that the fact that her father seemed to have a replacement for her, Son Naeun. She hated Hyejin and her daughter for taking her mother and her place. She hated them. 

 

She blamed her father for everything she had been through. She also blamed her father for her mother's death. If they never went separate ways, she wouldn't be sick like that and she wouldn't die. 

 

She swore in her mother's name that she would slowly take revenge by destroying them.

 

"Hyuna!" A familiar voice greeted her, wakening her from her thought. She looked up to see her brother running down from the second floor.

 

She forced a smile at her brother, "Oppa!"

 

Her brother quickly pulled her into a warm hug. How long hadn't he seen her? He missed this little girl so much. She looked thinner and paler, but still beautiful.

 

"You're finally here. I was just preparing your room upstair." Sunggyu said excitedly.

 

"O-Oppa.. Is it really okay for me to move in here? I m-mean, I don't want to burden you guys." She said looking down. It was Sunggyu's idea to have Hyuna move in there to begin with. And their dad agreed to it. He also thought that it would be good for Hyuna to come back with him and Sunggyu.

 

"YYah! What are you talking about? We're family." Sunggyu wrapped her head in his arm, inhaling her scent that smelled like country-side.

 

"I... I just don't think that I'm used to living in a big house. Our house back in the village isn't even bigger than your kitchen here." Hyuna told him.

 

"Don't worry! You'll love it here." Sunggyu smiled, excited to finally reunited with his little sister. "Let's go! I'll show you your room!"

 

He helped Hyuna carry her bags to her room and went upstair to Hyuna's new room.

 

Hyuna couldn't believe her eyes seeing her room. Her room was even bigger than her house back in the village. She had her own bed now. She also had a desk to study now and a walk in closet for her clothes. Those were things that she never had before. She even had bathroom inside her bedroom, compare to the time in the village where she had to wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter