Blowing Love 14

Blowing Love

Junhyung walked along the corrdior to Hong Sung Seong's office, holding nervously an USB stick between his fingers, ready to submit his new creation to the president. After having heard Yoseob's voice on his song, he actually didn't want to record it as Beast's comeback anymore. He wanted Yoseob's only voice on it because it fited perfectly with every single word of his lyrics and because it gave him shivers whenever he heard the recording. So he made up his mind, he'll give his progeny to his little bro. Though he was having a hard-time planing how to tell him, that's why he decided in the end to not tell him and to speak about it first with Cube's president. See if he was enthousiastic about the song and if they were still missing Yoseob's comeback main title. 

He knocked on the door and opened it as the voice in the room told him to.

"-Hello Seong-ssi" Junhyung bowed and greeted him by his name as the president always said he hated people calling him with his whole name. It was too official and made him feel old. 

"-Oh yes, Junhyung, you said you had something for me! Please enter, have a sit." He invited while giving a last paper to his secretary before she left the room. 

Junhyung made his way to the comfy chair and lift his hand on the desk showing the USB stick.

"-It's in it."

Papa Hong took the little thing and put it in his computer.

"-May I ask you what is it for?"

"-Listen, you'll know." He gave a hint of a smile.

Hong Sung Seong had always apreciated this kid, frank and fragile at the same time. As he was still a trainee, he sure was hard to handle and to manage. He could feel desperate very easily if something didn't worked as expected and though sometimes he could face difficulties without a problems. He was part of these kind of person which had a deep strength in their will. But beyond his nature, he also apreciates his abilities with music. Sure that every time this litle stick get in his computer, a new hit would spread in the room. 

He confidently clicked on the file and closed his eyes. Gitar notes filled the room, it was delicate and refined : a ballad. Then the voice soughed the first word and his eyes snapped opened as this voice was the last he was expecting to hear - since its owner was supposed to be beyond-busy. The voice he would always recognize though, as it leaded him too severals insomnia by the past, wondering whether its owner had the stature of a top Halyu star. The voice that he was precisely about to launch without his fellow members. Yoseob's voice. 

He made eye-contact with Junhyung, who was nervous like never before showing him a new track, and then forced himself to close back his eyes. He forced himself to refrain the flow of questions he had in mind and focused on the music. It was harmonious and catchy. No, it was more than that. It was spellbinding. Litterally spellbinding. 

When the last notes vanished in the air letting the silence overruning back the room, he eventually opened his eyes and stood up without a words, letting Junhyung even more jittery. He headed to one of the cupboard beside, only to take out two glasses and a bottle of wine. 

"-Junhyung-ssi", the honorific particule stunned him as Papa Hong usually don't care to use it, "What would Cube be without you?!" He exclaimed while laying the glasses on the desk.

He opened the bottle while Junhyung's mind was overworking, gathering clues about the president's opinon.

"-Soo....means....you like it?"

The cork went out of the tight glass with a noisy pok-sound, soon followed by the sound of the red liquid pouring into the glasses.

"-More. I love it." He gave a glass to Junhyung and lifted his to cheer. "To Yoseob's Caffeine! The best Debut-stage ever!"

 

--------------------------------------------

 

As the night was falling, Yoseob get out of the Cube and stepped over his scooter. He started and drove along Seoul, joining the restaurant Junhyung asked him to go after recording. It was quiet rare Junhyung invite him to a restaurant that is not in the Cube district. Usually they always go to the nearest one so they could save time. That's why as he opened the door of his favorite restaurant, he was pretty sure the elder had something important to tell him or to ask him. He glanced around till he found his bestfriend and his expression somehow confirmed his thoughts. He was nervously touching his hands, glancing at his phone every half second.

He joined him and sat, removing his hoodies and sunglasses which were protecting his anonymous. 

"-Are you okay?" He first asked. 

He didn't want to beat around the bushes. If something was up, better was to speak it up now.

"-Yes! Of course! You? Your recording session, how was it?"

"-Tiring...but great." He sighed knowing his first attempt just failed...

"-Let's order!" Junhyung said, avoiding the question plastered on Yoseob's eyes.

He ordered all Yoseob's favourite dishes and the younger wondered how the hell did he remembered of all of this! 

"-What?"

"-No-nothing. You just-- you've a great memory."

He chuckled and came closer to the younger.

"-About you, there's nothing I can forget."

Yoseob's breath was suddenly jailed in his lungs, something in this gaze was not right, not ususal. It litterally petrified him, the only thing he could feel was this hot flash ascending to his cheeks.

He took a napkin and fanned himself.

"-Gosh, it's hot in here. Korean restaurant always have a lot of hot steam right?!"

Soon the waitress came back with the dishes. When she laid it all on the table, anyone could tell there were a way much more than for two persons. Only Junhyung knew this little cute head was able to eat it all. 

"-Eat a lot!"

"-Neh!! Thanks Junnie!!" 

He smiled. Brightly. 

And junhyung drank three gulp of his beer.

A little alcohol would be welcome. It sure would help him to handle with his feelings.

"-Did you finish the accompaniement of Caffeine? Because I would like to hear it again! I really love this song!!" The younger said while eating, hoping it would thaw the atmosphere. "It's gonna be an amazing comeback for Beast!!! Because you want it to be a title song, right? I can already picture the MV, with Gikwang first to begin with, and then might be Doojoon."

"-Seob,--"

"-I'm sure it's gonna be the best MV ever! Like your lyrics are so enthralling!!

"-Seob?"

"-What?" He asked genuinely, finally ceasing his flow of words.

"-Caffeine is yours."

He stopped eating only to face Junhyung's gaze.

"-What are you talking about?"

"-I'm talking about your solo debut stage." He took the youngers hand in his and faced him back. "Seobie-ah, this song, I want you to sing it. "

There was so much inetensity in this gaze that Yoseob could barely withstand the look. 

"-Why?" He murmured, since he was too busy maintaining sane thoughts in his mind to care about his tone of voice.

Junhyung glanced around, checking nobody was hearing them, before opening the mouth. He knew what he was about to say would change their relationship forever. It would settle the ambiguity definitely. But all he wanted was to tell the truth, because Yoseob was the last person he wanted to lie to.   

"-Seobie-ah, this song, Caffeine, I didn't wrote it only thinking about Goo Hara." He looked deeper in the younger's eyes to guess if the message had been conveyed, to guess if he caught the hidden sense. "And, this melody you found, it was the one I was looking for for days and...nights. Now that you found it, now that you sang it, I can sleep anew. I can breath anew." he paused, waiting for him to digest every words before going on. "But.... the second I heard your voice singing these words, this melody, I knew I didn't want any other voice on it. I want Caffeine to be yours. Please, accept it."

Yoseob was lost. Lost in those orbs which were fixing him. And lost in these words which were bringing so much info, so much sense at the same time. Yes it was definitely bringing sense. Because all this week Junhyung's behavior had been strange. When he caught him reading the lyrics, when he discovered him singing the song, when he told him Goo Hara-Nuna wasn't such a matter... But on the other hand it was beffudling because there was something behind these daily words, there was something behind this common message that he wasn't totally able to catch. It wasn't just his bestfriend compositor asking him to interprete a song they both created. It was deeper. It was something related with feelings and fear. 

"-Yoseob?"

"-I accept it" he urged to say, coming back to reality.

"-You meant it?" He asked back, happiness blossoming on his face.

"-Yeah, of course! I love this song. I'm...beyond happy to have it for my own."

"-But?"

"-I'm suprised. I thought you wanted it for Beast. I thought you wrote it for Hara-Nuna. I thought you were heartbroken because of her. I thought you weren't sleeping because of her."

Ton of questions were behind these positives sentences. Junhyung knew it. He also knew he owned explanations to his bestfriends, a ton of. 

"-I'm sorry I made you worried about me and I'm sorry I didn't opened to you. But things were already hard to handle with myself."

"-That's not my question."

He lifted back his eyes in Yoseob's one, interrogative.

"-About who did you write Caffeine?"

His breath stopped while his eyes were tighlty caught in those big one, drowning in their darkness. 

"-You." His heart blurted before his mind even realised what he was about to say.

Silence filled the air. Only the other's noisy conversations could be heard. The sky could have crash down behind right now, it wound't have matter the two, as they were diving in each other's eyes, looking for answers, getting lost in this sparkle.

"-Do you want another beer, sun-nim?" The waitress asked, appearing out of nowhere.

Junhyung reluctantly broke the eye-contact and muttered a Yes.

"-Please give me one too." Yoseob added before she left.

He needed alcohol. He needed it to stop his mind to go wilde on hypothesis. Becasue he knew how his imagination could go far and he knew it would hurt him when reality'll hit back.

"-You shouldn't drink." Junhyung asserted idly, like he couldn't prevent himself from fathering the little boy.

"-I know."

The waitress came back and laid the fresh beers on the table. 

Yoseob took his and gulped the half of it.

"-Did you speak with the president about it?" He asked as if their previous conversation never happened.

"-I went to his office this afternoon."

"-And?"

"-He is...enthousiastic about the project." Junhyung answered, pondering each of his words. "He definitely think Caffeine is a good title song for your first solo album."

"-Jun......" He drank another gulp of his beer. "Actually, if you want me to sing Caffeine, I've a condition."

"-What's it?"

"-I want you to be part of it. Like I want you too in this song. And in the mv as well."

The elder pondered. Then he nodded slowly, before lifting his glass up.

"-Deal!" He eventually exclaimed and cheered, alcohol slowly spreading back frivolity and casualness in their conversation.

-----------------------------------------

 

 Dear readers, I'm sorry for this late! Almost a week I didn't updated! Somehow Beast's teasers made me tired! XP 

However I hope this chapter will help you to wait!! Or that it'll add joy to Beast's Comeback if you read it after MV release! :p  

Hope Beast will have a lot of success with YeY! 

Cheers! :D