Blowing Love 13

Blowing Love

Junhyung walked through the corridor, holding a warm coffee that maybe could blow his sleepiness out of his body. The last night, he finally managed to sleep a few hours but only because Yoseob accepted his request, only because he could feel the younger's warm against his body and could inhale his scent till it completely soothed his brain. But he couldn't ask him to sleep with him every night. So these three precious hours he slept, were probably the only one for the week... However he would end by sleep from exhaustion as he was working H24 on purpose to drain his body. Coffee was also a good way for wearing himself out faster as it gave him strength the day and energy drop by night when he ceased to drink it. Though sometimes he just couldn't prevent himself from drinking it by night. It was senseless, he knew it, but somehow a part of him wasn't consenting to let him rest. And he ended by drinking more coffee as if it was druggs forgetting his thoughts, feelings, desires in the work. In this song. This song he still couldn't give a proper melody. 

He sipped in his beverage. 

The worst was that he had the feeling of the melody, he just couldn't spill it out on a paper, it wasn't going out of his mind. Like when you think you remember a song's melody and when you sing it out loud you realize it's not that. It was litterally driving him crazy.

He opened delicately his studio's door when he suddenly heard a voice coming out of the room. No, not a voice. His voice. His angelic voice singing these words, with this melody-- 

He froze.

The melody wasn't the one he rememberd writing on the sheets, it was a better one. It was marvelous and catchy. It was magnificence and sadness. It was exactly what he had in mind. The heavyness spreaded even brighter through the chorus's harmony. And his voice kept on, singing new verses, words he never wrote, his silky voice always going higher, reaching his heart, freezing it. So that when the voice merged into silence he was still hearing it. So that when his coffee fell on the floor he even didn't realize it. 

"-Jun--Junhyung?!"

The sound of his name brought him back to reality and his brain began to work anew.

"-Wha-What did you just sang?" He stuttered under emotions.

"-Aah--I'm sorry about it. I just came to warm up my voice and I just couldn't resist to read your lyri-

"-Aanni, I mean how did you sang it? How did you find the right melody?"

"-Neh?"

He came nearer and laid a hand on each of Yoseob's shoulders, fixing his gaze.

"-Seob, what you just sang....It was...dazzling!" 

"-Really? You liked it?" He asked cautiously, a little bit disoriented by Junhyung's odd reactions. 

"-More than that. I love it. I was craving for it."

The younger smiled and Junhyung's heart skipped a beat.

"-Cou-could you sing it another time?"

He nodded and right a second after he was in front of a mic, headphones on the ears. 

"-Whenever you want!" Junhyung said in front of his screen.

The younger took the lyrics in his hand and sang the little song for the second time, proud of himself he hadn't forgot any notes. 

"-It's amazing." Junhyung asserted while contemplating the screen like if his life was rolled out along this little red track.

Yoseob took the headphones off and joined the big white couch behind him. He looked at his hands, hesitant. He actually didn't know how to broach the subject. Though, if he had come here, it was in first place to speak about it so he couldn't just draw back, he would feel coward if he did so. He sighed mentally and eventually ask simply what his heart wanted him to ask first.

"-Jun...Why didn't you tell me?"

"-Tell you what?" He asked back, already arranging the recording.

"-That you broke up."

Silence.

He slowly turned his seat to face the younger. 

"-Ah.. You learned of." He sighed. "Well, I don't know." He scratched his neck, "I think I wasn't at ease with the topic."

"-Or you didn't want to burden me."

He gave an interrogative look.

"-Jun, I know it's my fault if you and Goo Hara broke up so just stop protecting me. If you want to yell at me, and say I'm the worst bestfriend ever, that's quite alright. I deserved it." he said all in one breath. 

And Junhyung's eyes opened wide. 

"-No, I mean it's not that. At all. We broke up because we didn't fit with each other. I--I didn't...love her anymore. And she realized it before me. That's why she left." 

The younger raised a sceptik look. 

"-Seemingly you still can't forget her," he glanced at the lyrics on the music stand, " so what's the point to say you don't love her anymore."

There were accusations in his voice but it was something else than simple blame. Junhyung just couldn't put his finger on it.

"-Look", he continued, deepening his gaze in the elder's eyes, "Just, don't pretend to be okay if you're not. I mean I'm here for you. I'll always be so don't lie to me as if I was anyone. Because if you don't wanna kill me because of what I've done, then let's stay bestfriend, let me comfort you, let me protect you too. " 

But the truth was here, crystal clear in his heart which was beating faster at every single words that these delicate lips were bringing out. Yet, could he simply admit his feelings here right now?! Could he reveal him that he really didn't love Goo Hara anymore since his heart belonged to someone else? And that this someone else was precisely him, Yang Yoseob? 

And above all, was he even ready to admit his feelings to himself? To accept it? How long could he actually keep on denying like this?

He tried hard to mute his thoughts, to put them away in the back of his mind, because he wasn't ready yet. He wasn't ready to open himself anew, and he wasn't ready to be at ease liking guy. All happened away too fast.

He took the younger's hand in his and squeezed it softly to catch his gaze.

"-I'm sorry I didn't told you before. Really, I am. But please don't think it's your fault. Because it's not. I swear it's not."

Yoseob's eyes were full of something he couldn't decrypt. It was sparkling, spreading joy and sadness at the same time. It was wonderful. 

"-Then, let me take care of you" The little boy almost whispered, triggering a myriad of emotions in the other's heart.

He nodded in agreement, holding back his tears. Tiredness was cracking his protection shield, letting him weaker as never. 

Suddenly a phone rang and Yoseob picked up, yet still holding Junhyung's hand.

"-Yes?......................Oh I'm sorry, I just frogot about..anyway, I'm here in fifty seconds!" He hang up and looked back in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I gotta go. Reccording session. But I'll be back soon, right for meal time! I'll treat you this time!" 

He stood up and ruffled gently Junhyung's hair before leaving the studio. 

As soon as the younger left, he dived his head in his hands, letting go the salt droplets out of his eyes.

He was lost, so lost.

And Yoseob was really not making the things easy. He was always so sweet, so attentive, so close and so...ambiguous? Because their were strange things in his behavior that really were equivocal. The way he would gaze at him, the way he would freeze at each contact, the way he would care about him... There were also these pictures of him on his phone...and this request he made while he was drunk. This little plead, he would never forget. He knew he wasn't controlling himself, only acting under the alcohol flowing in his blood, but however he couldn't forget these two words.

All of this was confusing him even deeper. Because he had the strange intuition that Yoseob too wasn't acting normal to him, that Yoseob too wasn't only feeling goodwill to him. It was something in those mysterious sparkling eyes... 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

"-Fried Chicken is here!" Yoseob exclaimed happily, coming back from the Cube's entrance where he received the delivery they just ordered ten minutes before.

"-Great! The should we eat?" Junhyung asked, looking away from his beloved screen.

"-Yeah! Work can wait, but fried chicken can't! We've to eat it as long as it's hot!" 

He chuckled at the little boy starving, ripping the package on the floor, craving for the chicken. At lunch they went to a nice restaurant but tonight, they hadn't time nor courage to go somewhere. Yoseob had agreed to help him to finish his song as it still lacked some verse and he definitely had the right melody. Even his voice fitted so perfectly with the song, giving him shiver every single time he recorded a piece of it.

"-Is that okay with you, to stay the night here instead of sleeping early at the dorm? I mean your solo-debut is soon, you're gonna be tired!"

The younger gulped two pieces of chicken before carring answer.

"-Aani, it's okay!" he chewed another piece of chicken and sipped in his coke. "I'm not tired! Plus I don't like sleeping at the dorm when you're not there."

Junhyung hardly swallowed his gulp of coke.

"-Why?"

"-Don't know" he said genuinly, grabbing chips. "Kinda worried."

With that he dived even deeper in the foods, relishing the savours. 

When they finished their dinner, Junhyung cleaned the floor on which they ate, and they began to record another part of the song. Albeit Yoseob had been recording the whole day, his voice was still wonderful, as angelic as ever. No sign of tiredness in it. After the voice pick-up, they gathered around the screen and arranged it. They started to add the accompaniement and Yoseob was very helpful as he felt the song in the exact same way he felt it. Plus thanks to his long trainee years and his appearanes in metal-rock bands, he had a real sense of music. 

"-I think we should speed up the pace and add some drums on the chorus."

"-Wouldn't it break the atmosphere of a sad ballad?"

"-No" The little boy said, deterred. "It won't." 

"-Okay, then let's record it on a faster pace."

"- What do you think about a 118 tempo?"

"-Sounds great! Let's try it."

Yoseob headed to the mic and put the headphones on. Soon the metronom was to be heard and he recorded once again.

"-How was it?"

"-Better, you were right!" He incessantly clicked, focused on the accompaniement he had to lay on the exact verses. "Let's hear how it sounds!" He clicked another time and the music filled the room. 

It was good, better than he ever though it could be. 

"-At the end it would be great if your voice could get higher." He said once the music ended.

"-Yeah. Give me back the lyrics, I'll try to figure it out."

Junhyung gave him the paper and a pen. The younger took it, sat on the couch, and focused on his task. Scribbling some words and huming by time. 

"-I go to the restroom. Good luck with the melody!"

"-Don't worry, I'll find it out!"

He exited the warm room and headed to the toilets. He was exhausted. Because Yoseob was there, he managed to not drink any coffee since 11 p.m. and it was already 4 a.m. Yoseob's official recordings had ended at 11:30 p.m. so they really were unable to start it earlier nor to finish it earlier... 

He sighed as he headed back to the studio. He opened the studio's door only to see a little lump on the couch, eyes closed, breathing softly against the fluff stuff. Pen and lyrics on the floor, the little boy was smoothly sleeping, holding a cushion in his arms. 

The sight get a smile out of the elder's face. If someone wanted to stick a picture on the word cute in the dictionnary, then he sure would have takken this one.

He joined him on the couch, and lifted him from his back. He slipped in a sat position and layd back the little boy on him, his back on his  lap and his head on the armrest. So he could ogle properly the cute face, his lips slightly parted to breath in and out. And he could feel his weight on his thigh, this comforting weight. He layd an arm behind Yoseob's head and his hand met his hair, fondling them.

"-Mmmm-----" The litle boy mumbled a sigh of pleasure under the treatment.

And seeing him so peaceful soon soothed him too, bringing him gradually into a soft and quiet world.

 

--------------------------------------

Double update, here it is! :D 

Hope you'll like it!