Blowing Love 12

Blowing Love

Yoseob squalled at the alarm song that filled the room. He really didn't want to leave his peaceful sleepy world. Even though he heard Junhyung chuckled and felt his body leaving the bed, he just couldn't do anything else than wrapping himself fiercely in the blanket to muffle the song.

About five minutes after, he struggled a last time pressing stronger his cushion against his head and sighed in defeat. He opened his eyes, threw the cushion through the room and grabbed this blasted phone that was yelling for what seemed hours. He angrily pressed on the screen and shut up the song. Silence. Finally. He glanced at the clock and almost had a heartattack as it was already 7:30.

"-Shi*t, my recording session!" 

He was supposed to be at the Cube for 8 am. If there were some traffic jam, he sure would be late. He literally jumped out of his bed, changing his clothes as fast as he could, he tiptoed discreetly to the bathroom - Hyunseung, Gikwang and Dongwoon were having schedules only later on. He washed his face, brushed his teeth, rufled his hair and get back to his bedroom, noticing on the way that Junhyung was drinking tea with Doojoon in the kitchen. He grabbed his bag and added a bottle of water plus his vitamins pills in it. He put his shoes, cursing the person who invented the shoelaces, and threw his bag on his shoulders. He get out of his room, ready to greet the two men in the kitchen when he froze at their discussion:

"---know that. But honestly, what's going on?" Doojoon asked.

Junhyung looked down to his hot beverage.

"-I can't explain why but since she left, since we broke up, I don't manage to get a proper sleep."

"-But there's more than that."

He raised an eyebrow, interrogative.

"-Jun, don't fool me or if it's not on purpose don't fool yourself! Even when you broke up with Hyuna you weren't like this!"

He sighed.

"-I don't know. I'm so disoriented."

Yoseob couldn't listen furthermore as guilt was overwhelming him. He slipped out of the dorm without greeting anyone and get on his scooter. But he was having an hard time focusing on the road. All his thoughts were to Junhyung. He just felt so guilty and selfish. Because he knew it was his fault if they had broke up. He knew it was his weakness which leaded Junhyung to worry overly about him and eventually leaded him to skip his time with Goo Hara. He had ripped their relationship and his love's heart by the way. He wanted to find Goo Hara and kneeled down, requesting her to accept to give him a second chance so he would sleep anew, so he wouldn't faint anymore, so he would be fine like before. But he knew doing it would be sucidal act, and it could also mess up Jun's situation even more. And above all, the worst thing was that he wasn't ready to let him go. He could promise her to be less clingy to him, he could promise her to never steal him for lunch, he could promise her to never request him during his rough nights but he never would be able to filfull these promises. Because Junhyung was all he had, all he had to cling on to. And he felt so nasty. Did he had the right to be that cruel towards him whereas he was all sweet and attentive?

He parked his scooter in front of the Cube and ran to the recording studio. He was only ten minutes late when he finally opened the studio's door.

"-I'm sorry everybody, next time I won't be late." He bowed.

"-It's okay. Just get to your mic quickly so we can start."

He nodded. He took out his pills and his bottle out of his bag, then gulped three of it as a breakfast and eventually joined his mic, miming an okay sign to tell Taejoo he was ready .He started to sing the third song of his album, the melody was first easy to remember and to perform. But later, when higher notes came, his voice crackled, unable to reach it.

"-Okay, break! Yoseob, did you get the time to warm up your voice?" His sing teacher asked.

He shook his head with a sorry look plastered on his face.

The teacher rubbed the corner of his eyes, exasperated.

"-Didn't I told you to not sing if your voice isn't ready?! It's dangerous for your voice's health! "

"-Fifteen minutes break so that Yoseob can warm up!" Taejoo asserted, glancing at the team around him.

Yoseob took his bottle and went out of the recording small room, crossing the little room behind the glass where were gathered the main part of the staff.

"-It's okay Yoseob, take your time. We'll record it faster if your voice is fully prepared." Taejoo said while patting his shoulder.

He nodded.

"-I'll do my best Hyung."

Then he eventually exited the studio, looking for a quiet place to warm up in full intimacy, when Junhyung earlier conversation back his mind. He wanted to speak with him, to ask him what really happened and how it happened. He wanted to comfort him, to be there for him as much as his bestfriend had been there for him whenever he was having hard-time. He had been there when he had felt sad, he had been there when he had nightmares, he had been there when he was curled up in Cube's corridor suffocating from pain, and he had been there the night he drunk and smoke like never. He had carried him to the dorm, taking care of him, buying him medicine, applying it for him. He had been there even when he didn't deserved it. 

And so he wanted to be by his side, supporting him, even if he didn't tell him he had broken up. Actually to not tell him was somehow Junhyung in its essence. Because it was Yoseob's fault, he didn't want to let him know, he didn't want to hurt him by letting him feel guilty even though he was the culprit one of his pain.

So he headed to Junhyung's studio, hoping his Hyung would already be there. After all, he was already clothed ready to go as he was drinking tea with Doojoon. Plus he had to compose for Beast's next summer comeback so basically he should be there or if not he wouldn't be slow coming.

He entered the studio but it was empty. Nevermind he would wait for him. Besides, it was the perfect place to warm up his voice. So he began a series of "Ah" from the deeper to the higher note he could reach and then in the opposite way. He went on with some "Wowa" and some "Kakata" to try the agressivity of his matinal voice, to what he added some "Louwaka" from the smoother to the most aggressiv way he could.

But he was still not here.

He started to pace up and down, making extra-warming up exercises, when he noticed a music stand next to the mixing table. He glanced at the notes that were scribbled on it, drawing a melody. He was about to hume it from the start when his eyes eventually noticed the title. That title.

"-Caffeine" he read out loud.

His gaze went straight to the desk beside. The desk where he had read the very same title on those sheets the day before. He nervously glanced around to ckeck there wasn't anybody coming or watching him and grabbed quickly the paper. There actually was several music scores seemingly for the same verses and each of them were fiercely scrawled and out. Sure he was having hard-time figuring out the melody of this track... He leafed through the thin pack and froze at the lyrics sheet. Unable to hold back his curiosity, he literally dived in the text, in those precious sentences his love wrote.

And there were so many answers in those lines... So many feelings and so much pain lying on this little piece of paper...  

He was suffering. Obviously. Clearly unable to forget about her.

And it hurted him.

It was childish and immature to feel this way while his bestfriend was having such a rough time, while he was even unable to sleep properly. He wanted to scold his heart, to order it to be generous, to feel hurt only because he was hurt and not because of any kind of stupid jealousy.

However the lyrics were good. Damn good. 

He actually couldn't pevent himself from transposing it to his own feelings, to his own insomnia, to his own story with him. An  unrequited love story. 

He looked back at the music scores and laid them on the music stand so he could have a broader sight of each melody. He tryed to understand which verse fited with which notes but it was such a mess...! Though he managed to match some of the sentences with the melody. He humed it out loud and it sounded good. He quickly made his choice about the music sheets. He even couldn't understand why Junhyung was still hesitating about it. Then he came to the chorus and the notes were even more scrawled and crossed out. He tried the three versions but none was to his liking. He didn't understand why there was a sol, out of the blue, and why there was a mi followed by a fa on the second version... It all wasn't making any sense. He read back the lyrics, immersing himself in its feeling and tried a mist of the melody, changing it to his taste. At the end of the chorus, he suddenly felt like adding a verse, a catchy one. Something that would prolong the pain, drawing it out, stretching it till it drown by itself in the music the notes were depicting. 

Satisfied with the result, he breathed in and sang it another time, without any stop, pushing his voice to the max, reaching every single notes :

"It’s late, I need to sleep and I already counted all the sheep in my head
In order to fall asleep somehow, I showered again
I keep drawing your face out on the ceiling and when I close my eyes,
A book with the story of our ended love opens

Even after you left, you torture me like this
How did I become this miserable?
What did I do wrong?
Why did we even break up? I don’t know

Cause you’re like caffeine, I can’t fall asleep all night
My heart keeps racing and again, I hate you
Like caffeine, I try to stay away
I try to forget about you but I can’t do it, I can’t help it

You’re bad to me, so bad to me, oh girl you’re like caffeine
You’re bad to me, so bad to me, so bad to me, yeah"

At the last note, a sudden noise of something crashing down startled him. He turned away to figure out what it was, when he saw a plastic glass pouring a brown liquid on the floor.

"-Jun--Junhyung?!!"

 

---------------------------------------------------------

Updated! 

I'm probaly gonna make a double update today as this chapter is really short! So stay tunned! ;) 

Besides thanks for the new subscribing! Don't hesitate to comment! 

Now I'm gotta go to work on this second update! :p