I'm Not Flustered

Towards You

Wait, did Sehun just… confess?

 

Although you had lost the ability to speak, your words were slowly returning to you.

 

“Sehun…”

 

“Hmm?” he hummed, while tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

 

“You’re not serious, are you?” you questioned.

 

His hold on your hand was now firmer. “You can’t tell?”

 

You raised your eyebrows and a sudden feeling began pooling up in your tummy. Then, you burst out laughing.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes and stood there while you patted his chest and giggled into him. When you lowered your head in order to muffle the laugh, you heard him sigh. This had to be a joke; Sehun did not talk like this. Shooting stars? Making wishes? He had to be playing a prank on you, right?

 

Your giggle fest was cut short when Sehun grabbed the hand that was resting on his chest and pulled you closer. A gasp left your lips as your body crashed into his. He glanced down at you for permission and then slid his hand towards the small of your back, pulling you even closer.

 

“I couldn’t be more serious about you.” He confirmed, his dark brown orbs staring straight into yours.

 

He was gazing at you in a way he had never done before, it made you feel nervous and you glanced down in an effort to conceal your heated face from his view.

 

The sweet scent of his cologne mixed with the subtle aroma of his minty gum was clouding your reasoning. His body was so near to yours.

 

You hadn’t yet replied to his comment since your gaze was focused on the ground.  This was the only way you could hide how self-conscious you felt at his sudden confession.

 

He shifted a little closer. “Don’t be embarrassed.” He whispered.

 

In that same second you looked up and your gaze met his. He was dangerously close to you and you had only just discerned this. Both you and Sehun widened your eyes as you two became aware of this fact. Sehun recovered much faster though, his eyes softening almost instantaneously.

 

He lightly rested his palm at the back of your head and pulled you towards him, he was about to…kiss you.

 

The rapid throbbing of your heart was excruciating and you were having a difficult time containing it. As his face closed the distance between you two, you gulped and shut your eyes firmly.

 

Did you want this? You weren’t sure.

 

Sehun was attractive to you, you were sure of that. But, he was a friend… and your best friend at that. So why was it such a challenge to turn away from him? Why did your feet feel like they were fastened to the ground? Unable to budge even if your mind had told them time and time again that they should.

 

His blew his hot breath over your lips and you were trembling. It wasn’t the cold that was making you feel this way though.

 

Just as his lips were about to brush against yours, he felt the quiver of your body beneath his. He pulled away slightly to glance at your expression. Sehun chuckled under his breath and then fixed his lips on your forehead, giving you a small kiss while trailing a finger along your baby hairs.

 

As soon as he detached his lips from your forehead, you glanced up to witness his boyish smile. That smile that countless girls were head over heels for.

 

Another intense blush covered your cheeks and you struggled to look away as he let out a few more chuckles at your expense.

 

“Yah! Did you-!” you attempted to say.

 

“Hello? Are you guys up there?” questioned a heavy voice. The silence of the balcony was shortly replaced by the escalating sound of footsteps.

 

A small gasp left your lips and both you and Sehun pulled away from each other just as Chanyeol took his last stride.

 

“Hey guys, what are you doing alone up here-“ he paused. His eyes narrowed and he took a few more steps towards you two, meanwhile Cindy and Joonmyeon were on their way up.

 

“Why do you look so flustered ___-ah?” he inquired as his gaze fell over the two of you.

 

“I’m not flustered, it’s just… cold.” you retorted. Meanwhile, you gave yourself a mental high-five for the smooth cover up.

 

“Are you sure?” he smirked.

 

Cindy and Joonmyeon were now walking towards you three. “It’s freezing up here, isn’t it?” Cindy puffed warm air onto her cold hands. Joonmyeon smiled and nonchalantly moved closer to her, she didn’t notice.

 

“Baby, doesn’t something look suspicious to you?” Chanyeol remarked.

 

“Hyung, what are you getting at?” Sehun asked, annoyance lingering in his tone.

 

“Everything looks fine? What do you mean?” she replied.

 

“I don’t know-ohh” he sneered, while brushing his shoulder against Sehun. “Something seems…fishy.”

 

Cindy rolled her eyes then let out a small whimper as another gust of wind attacked her exposed neck.

 

“I’m going inside!” she declared. She walked over to you and linked her arm with yours, implying that you were required to go with her whether you wanted to or not. Fortunately, there was nothing more you wanted in the moment.

 

As she dragged you away from the balcony, you looked over your shoulder to see the guys laughing with one another. Just as you were about to turn away, Sehun caught your eyes.

 

He winked, and then let out a chuckle at your reaction.

 

Your face was as red as a tomato.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

Once dinner came to its conclusion, you and Cindy decided to wait for the guys outside the entrance of the restaurant. They were still inside, fighting over the bill you thought. Well, Chanyeol and Joonmyeon were almost certainly fighting while Sehun was most likely trying to hide from view so people wouldn’t associate him with the two grown men who were wrestling each other in the middle of a respected establishment.

 

As you were waiting, you noticed Cindy was trying to catch your attention. You tilted your head and gave her a confused look. “What?”

 

“I need to tell you something.” She admitted.

 

You raised your eyebrows. There was something you had to tell her too, well several things. Since Cindy had been away on vacation for a majority of the semester break, you hadn’t sat down and spoken with your best friend for quite some time.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Well, it’s more of a question. I need your opinion on something.” She stated.

 

“I’m all ears.”

 

“Not like this, let’s meet up for coffee tomorrow?” she smiled.

 

You nodded and returned her smile. It must have be something important if she didn’t want to tell you at the moment. You wondered what it could be.

 

In a few minutes, the boys shuffled out of the restaurant. Chanyeol had a cocky smile plastered on his face while Joonmyeon seemed like he wanted to knock him out, it was obvious who ended up paying the bill.

 

Afterwards, everyone said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. Sehun drove you home even though you advised him not to since your apartment was out of his way. Nonetheless, you soon gave up as there was no point in trying to persuade the boy, he was just too stubborn.

 

The drive there was quiet and neither of you knew how to eradicate the silence. Strangely though, the silence wasn’t awkward. It was rather comforting, like it had always been. Sehun’s confession was shocking, sure. But it hadn’t changed the fact that he was still one of your closest friends. Your best friend.

 

Once your apartment arrived, Sehun got out and jogged around to open the door for you. You stepped out and shut the door behind you.

 

“Well, goodnight.” you said, turning away from him almost immediately.

 

You were stopped in your tracks when he captured your wrist.

 

“You never answered my question.” He pondered, as if he himself just realized the fact.

 

His hold on your wrist relaxed as you spun around to face him. “You’re right… I didn’t.”

 

He gazed at you for a few minutes, anticipating your answer.

 

But, you didn’t know what to say. You didn’t know what to do.

 

His feelings for you were clear, but yours for him? Well you hadn’t gotten that far yet. Seconds went by and you were still unable to speak, he seemed to notice your discomfort.

 

“You don’t have to say anything.” He stated. “But do you mind if I do?”

 

You glanced up at him and shook your head.

 

“I know this may seem like it’s out of the blue, and I’m sorry for that. I never wanted to make you feel unsure or uncomfortable.” He admitted. “I just… wanted my best friend to know how important she is to me.” He grinned.

 

You tucked a strand of hair behind your ear as the familiar sense of nervousness began to build up within you.

 

“Whatever you decide, I will always respect it. I’m not expecting anything, so don’t feel like you need to rush. Just give me an answer when you’re ready, okay?” he brought his hand over your head and softly smoothed down your hair.

 

“Okay?” he reiterated.

 

“Okay.” A small smile formed on your lips.

 

Your smile gave him the extra boost of confidence he needed in order to ask you what he’d been wanting to ask you all night.

 

“Will you… go somewhere with me tomorrow?”

 

Go somewhere? Like a date?

 

What did he mean by that? You desperately wanted to ask him but you couldn’t get yourself to do it.

 

“If you’re busy that’s okay, maybe another time…” he uttered. His smile gradually fading with every word.

 

“I’m not busy.” You admitted.

 

He chuckled and then rubbed the back of his neck almost like he was a tad bit embarrassed. Or maybe he was happy? You couldn’t distinguish between the two.

 

He did look really cute though.

 

Then, just as you turned around to make your way into the lobby you felt his arms wrap around your waist. He pulled you back towards him and you felt his chest come into contact with your back.

 

“Another thing. I won’t touch you like this if you don’t want me to.” He whispered into your ear.

 

His comment stirred something within you and your eyes widened.

 

“Goodnight ____-ah, sleep tight.”

 

Then without another word he started up his car and drove away, leaving you all confused and flustered.

 

Once again your feet were glued to the ground, not capable of moving an inch.

 

When the blood in your legs returned, you turned around with the intention of giving him a long detailed lecture about personal space.

 

“Yah!!!! You can’t just-!” you started to say but abruptly stopped when you noticed he was long gone. You let out a long sigh and walked back towards the lobby.

 

He left just like that? That stupid Sehun.

 

But Sehun hadn’t left; he had made a loop around the block and was parked on the other side of the road. When he saw that you were now safely inside, he smiled to himself and drove off.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

You pressed the elevator button and stood back. It had been a bizarre night; you still weren’t sure how to digest all of the events that had occurred in the last couple of hours. You decided to worry about that later though, all you wanted right now was a good night’s sleep. Something you hadn’t been getting much of these days. The elevator doors were about to open as you heard the familiar ding. When they finally did open you wished they hadn’t.

 

Jongin was standing on the other side of you and he noticed you as quickly as you noticed him.

 

But, there was something unusual about him. You were staring at him as if he was Jongin, the guy who used to be your friend. Someone who meant, okay, means something to you.

 

But he? He was gazing at you as if it were the first time. As if you were someone he had never spoken to before. And just as you opened your mouth to say something, he walked straight past you.

 

You were strangers now.

 

This was coming, you had anticipated it.

 

But, you couldn’t deny the fact that it still hurt.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

This chapter may have felt like a filler and i'm sorry for that, but I hope you enjoyed the much needed Sehun feels.