Bonus I

Towards You

The seasons change so mysteriously, don’t they?

 

 First we are introduced to the multihued pastels of spring and the birds hum their tune for the world to hear. There’s still a tinge of winter in the air, he just doesn’t want to say goodbye yet. But before long, the icy mountains melt away and the delicate flowers emerge from their slumber.

 

Then the sweet touch of summer brings warm evening nights that linger of fresh young love. The cool breeze embraces you as you gaze tenderly into your lover’s eyes.  Watching the sunrise together, disregarding all your worries even if it’s just for the moment. Remembering that there’s more to life than the daily struggle to survive, to become somebody. There’s so much riding on your success, and you’re living on the clock of life. But these moments, the ones that are over before you even a chance to bid farewell, these are the moments that should be treasured. And before you know it the echo of crunching leaves are heard below you as autumn whispers in your ear.

 

Summer is already over.

 

And just like every year, you watch as the leaves take their last breath and wither away. Perhaps in the same way you leave a part of you behind every year. There’s no time for sadness however, as this is a part of nature and life. Next year the autumn leaves will return. Stronger and more vibrant in their hue, ready to take on another harsh winter that threatens to take away their color.

 

As winter knocks on your door, you’re greeted with soft white flakes laying kisses along your cheeks. You watch as white blankets cover the city and you’re suddenly reminding of the fact that today you’re a year older. Though you no longer made a point to keep track of your birthday, there came a strange sense of sorrow with every year of age. If it were up to you, the day of your birth would have long been forgotten. But you knew that he wouldn’t let that happen, the man who you’ve come so far with.

 

Things were so different now, but somehow you were okay with that. Everybody graduated, began their careers and slowly began to slip away from your life. Though the ones who truly mattered to you, stayed. It still amazed you how time went by so fast; six years with Jongin might as well have been six minutes. Every growing moment with him felt short, almost as if it were a memory. Though the smile on your lips never faded, your hold on his hand never faltered. This year however, things felt somewhat different. Though you had decided years ago that Jongin was the only one you would want to recite your vows to. Your heart was as staggered as you when he knelt down, the cold snow seeping through his dark blue jeans. He gazed at you with his goofy smile, the object in his hands shaking due to the cold coursing through his body. Your eyes fell to the ring as you watched it sparkle in his eyes alongside all the dreams you had dreamed together.

 

Yes.

 

 Was all you could say, the hot tears of bliss b in your eyes. He smiled, his own eyes glimmering with cheer. You had just given him everything, and he, to you. All that was left was the sound of tearful laughter as he slid the diamond onto your awaiting finger. The warmth of his scarf was the next thing you felt. He wrapped it around your neck and held on to the ends, pulling your body closer into the haven of his arms. Then a kiss, a kiss so gentle you felt as light as a cloud.

 

With that your hands met once again, but this time for life.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

*Chuuu*

See you soon!