Confrontation

Towards You

Your eyes widened and all of a sudden you felt like a deer caught in headlights.

 

“We need to talk.” His voice was calm and quiet. Yet, you were petrified.  

 

Not of him, but of yourself.               

 

When he didn’t hear a response from you he took a few steps towards you and you took a step back.

 

“I can’t, I’m busy right now.” you managed to let out.

 

His eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Yeah. Ignoring me must keep you quite busy.” He stated, the calmness in his face disappearing with every word.

 

 “I’m not ignoring you-” your words were cut short by your shriek as he grabbed your wrist and pulled you into his apartment. In a matter of seconds your back was against a wall and Jongin’s right arm was resting on the wall beside your head. As you tried to escape from the unrestricted side, he swiftly placed his other arm on the wall, trapping you in his hold. You turned your head to the side, still unable to look him in the eye.

 

“You still expect me to believe you’re not avoiding me?” the tone of his voice was low and heavy, the anguish in it evident.

 

The room was quiet as your mind refused to give into the accusation, no matter how true it was.

 

“If it’s about what I said the other day…”

 

“I need to go.” You stated.

 

Yet, your heart craved something else.

 

“Just, talk to me ____-ah. Please.” he said, almost a whisper. The tone of his voice brought on an ache in your chest. He sounded so dismayed by your cruel words.

 

Suddenly your phone began to hum in your hand, startling you. Sehun was waiting, you almost forgot. Just as you were about to answer it, the device was ripped out of your hand.

 

Jongin captured the phone and with much force, it towards the ground below you. You let out a gasp at his sudden actions and glanced down at the phone that now lay on his hardwood floors. An intense wave of annoyance washed over you.

 

“What the hell!” you shouted, unable to control your words.

 

You noticed how his gaze was no longer soft, his temper gradually slipping from his grasp.

 

He grabbed your forearms and pulled you closer. Still making sure his hold on your body was gentle enough so that it wouldn’t hurt you.

 

“Why are you acting this way?!” His voice was deafening now, yet he was still composed.

 

“TELL ME.” He continued, the seize on your forearms now heavy and firm.

 

You shot him an angry look and shrugged his arms off, catching how the emotions of his face transposed.

 

“You want to know why I’m acting this way?!” you yelled, unable to suppress the resentment that was now engulfing you whole.

 

He was intently staring at you, almost frantic for an answer.

 

“I’m scared.” You whispered.

 

His eyes widened, still desperately searching yours.

 

“I’m scared that you’ll break my heart again, like you did all those years ago. I can’t trust you anymore, not anymore.” Your body was shaking uncontrollably, tears now gathering at the corner of your eyes.

 

Just thinking of the pain you went through terrified you. You were all too familiar of the feeling; someone close to you throwing you away as if you never mattered to them. As if your presence was a mere distraction, something people used for momentary pleasure.

 

The friendship that blossomed in the early weeks of summer. Those laughs, those silly promises, those were the days that you should have been upset with your life, but you weren’t.

 

He was the cause of your bliss and now, your misery.

 

Then, you said something you wished you hadn’t said.

 

“I deserve better!” you roared, shutting your eyes with as much force as possible. Almost as if you were bracing yourself for what he was about to say.

 

But, nothing was heard.

 

Please Jongin. Prove me wrong!

 

Say something!

 

Anything.

 

Just so that I know you’re here for real. Just so that I know you won’t leave again.

 

But with every growing second, the soreness in your heart grew.

 

He didn’t want to say anything, he didn’t need to.

 

His silence spoke a thousand words.

 

“Jongin…“

 

A voice cut through the silence. “You’re right, you do.”

 

You glanced up at him and noticed that his back was now towards you. The distance between your bodies had grown in haste.

 

Your resolve was close to crumbling.

 

It became more and more difficult to subdue your feelings.

 

Then, stillness fell over the room in a way that was almost unbearable. You were reminded of the day Jongin stood by you in middle school. He didn’t need to, but he did.

 

As you two sat in that park on that Tuesday afternoon, you shared the same silence. There was something peaceful about that absence of sound. At that moment, you couldn’t have been happier. You had found him, the person you were looking for.

 

And today, you lost him.

 

Tears began stinging your eyes but there was no time to let them descend.

 

Then without warning, the silence was gone. Waves of vibrations from the abandoned phone filled the room.

 

Jongin looked over his shoulder, his soft bangs covering his eyes only slightly. He reached down and picked up the device then started in your direction.

 

There was brief skin-to-skin contact as he brought your hand up and closed your fingers around it.

 

“He’s waiting for you.” he said, his voice low-spirited and despairing.  

 

And just like that Jongin walked out of the apartment, leaving you with the faint memory of his scent; citrus and firewood.

 

You fell to your knees, ignoring the slight pain that arose from skin to wood friction.

 

All that came to mind was the heart wrenching truth;

 

He’s not coming back this time.

 

 


A/N: 

Ahhhh! I know I write a lot of angst-filled chapters but this one was totally not my fault! 

What do you think Jongin will do next? 

Also, since this was a short chapter I will be updating the next one fairly soon!

Your opinions mean everything to me so please comment!