Camping with Kim Jongin - Part 1

Towards You

Darkness covered the path, only breaking when the dim glow of a street lamp made its appearance every once in a while. The silence rang through your eardrums as you walked hand in hand with him.

 

Although the confession had been very intimate, one would say it happened ‘in the moment’. And right now, all that lingered in the air was embarrassment and awkwardness. You two couldn’t be more right for one another.

 

Did you really just make-out with Jongin in the middle of the woods? Or was that a dream? Is this a dream?

 

You used your free hand to pinch your side.

 

Okay, you felt that. Maybe you should try the other side? Just to be sure.

 

Oww.

 

Okay, not a dream.

 

“Hajima” he interrupted.

 

You glanced over at him and blinked twice.

 

“Stop pinching yourself.”

 

You cleared your throat.

 

“I’m not.” You stated nonchalantly.

 

Without turning his head, he looked over in your direction and smiled. Although you weren’t able see it due to the immense murkiness that was surrounding you.

 

Your hand was interlocked with his, but you still weren’t sure what this meant. Were you now together? Were you now his girlfriend?

 

Neither of you had stated the formal relationship, but the confession itself was pretty clear. Even so, there was a possibility he didn’t hold the same belief.

 

Should I ask him?

 

Jongin began moving his thumb in gentle circles across the skin of your hand. “Is there something you want to ask me?” he questioned, the tone of his voice indicating that he was well aware of the reason behind your anxiousness. But, he just enjoyed seeing you in a constant state of embarrassment.

 

Smug idiot.

 

“Aniyo. Do you?” You smirked, content with your ability to read his thoughts.

 

“Ani.” He smiled, not falling for your feeble attempt to beat him at his own game. He knew you too well, there was no way you could win against him.

 

“Fine. Yes I have something to ask you.” you rolled your eyes.

 

He squeezed your hand and you could feel him smirk beside you. Your eyebrows met once again to ponder your irritated state.

 

“So… does this mean we’re…” you trailed off. Hoping he’d finish the sentence but knowing Jongin, of course he didn’t.

 

“We’re…?” he teased.

 

You were very close to punching him in the throat. Why couldn’t he just let you off the hook- FOR ONCE?

 

“We’re together?” you gulped. Although you were sure there couldn’t have been any other intention for his confession, there was still a slight sense of insecurity in your mind about him. But before he had the chance to answer you had already realized; Jongin wasn’t that type of guy.

 

He chuckled at the thought of how red your face must be and tightened his hold on your hand. “Well there’s nobody else here, so I guess that does mean we’re together.” He cackled loudly at his own joke and you had to restrain yourself from strangling the boy. Jongin had the tendency to make extremely lame jokes at inappropriate times, most of which he thought were absolutely hilarious. But any sane person knew that they clearly weren’t.

 

You let out a frustrated scoff and untangled yourself from his hold. He responded by snatching your hand back almost immediately and pulling it towards his chest. “Okay okay, that one wasn’t that funny.”

 

At least the idiot admits it.

 

All of a sudden his laughing stopped. “Remember what I said earlier?” he questioned.

 

You began sifting through your mind. There were many things that had been said, what was he referring to?

 

“I said you’re mine. Or at least, I want you to be mine.” He stuttered, which brought a smile upon your face. Jongin was just as embarrassed as you, wasn’t he? He was just good at masking it.

 

“So, I can’t bear to see you with another guy.” He finished.

 

He gave you a few seconds to interpret his words. In the meantime, the muffled sound of laughing was heard in the distance. It was a happy night, people were happy. As the trees swayed in the cool wind, you realized for once that you were completely at ease.

 

He cleared his throat. “Is that good enough?”

 

It wasn’t.

 

You wanted him to call you his girlfriend, to acknowledge the unsullied relationship that had been born a few moments ago.

 

But, you realized everything comes with time. And for now, his feelings alone were more than enough.

 

You hummed while another smile arose on your lips.

 

“So that girl, you’re not seeing her anymore?” you trapped your lower lip in your teeth.

 

He stopped walking. “What girl?”

 

You raised your brow. The girl he was with at the party? The one he speaking to on the phone with?

 

The whole reason you got so -drunk that night.

 

His eyebrows knit up in confusion until he recognized who you were referring to. “We were never in a relationship. Well, I guess in a way we were.” He remembered.

 

Your heart fell to your stomach.

 

“She was my Sunbae in the dance team.”

 

Oh. You let out a breath you hadn’t realized you were holding.

 

“She was like that with most of the other dancers too. I brushed her off a couple times but she wouldn’t get the hint.” He shook his head. “When she overheard me talking to Yixing about you, she started to show more interest. I couldn’t say much to her because she was one of the main sponsors for the dance team.” He sighed.

 

“But after what she did at the party, I decided it was time I confront her. She quit the dance team soon after.” He concluded.

 

“Oh. So she wasn’t the one you were on the phone with the night I stayed over?” you contemplated.

 

“The phone? Oh, that…” he retracted his hand. “About that…”

 

“What is it?” you looked at him curiously. “You can tell me.”

 

“Uh…” he stirred uncomfortably.

 

You interlocked your fingers with his again, showing him that he didn’t need be so embarrassed.

 

“Well I was talking to Halmoni…” he admitted.  

 

“See, that wasn’t so hard to say. Was it?” you smiled, feeling like a large weight had been lifted off your heart.

 

“It’s just that she’s not feeling too great these days and her arthritis is getting to her. She’s also showing signs of early Alzheimer’s, according to the doctors.” He exhaled. “Every time I talk to her on the phone I get emotional, she’s so far away.” He confided.

 

While passing by a street lamp, you noticed the look of remorse on his face. Maybe he regret coming here again, or maybe he never wanted to leave in the first place. Jongin had always been very close to his family, they meant a lot to him. His father being the only exception, although you doubted he held any genuine hatred for the man.

 

“I just want to see if she’s still smiling like she used to.”

 

You his arm with your free hand.

 

How sweet.

 

Without realizing it, you rested your head on the side of his arm. “My Jongnini.”

 

“Yah! Don’t call me that!” he shook you off, quite obviously mortified at the nickname you gave him back when you two were younger. He always hated it when you called him that, that’s why it was so fun.

 

You giggled and pulled on his ear. “Stop that!” he continued. “Why are we even talking about this.” He pouted like a child.

 

Suddenly a smirk arose on his lips. “Oh yeah, someone was jealous… wasn’t she.” He leaned in towards you.

 

You felt your face grow hot again. “As if! If anyone is jealous it’s you!” you retorted, although you realized he may just be right.

 

 “You and Sehun look at each other as if you’re sworn enemies.” You sighed, recalling their encounter at the apartment months ago.

 

“Maybe we are.” He whispered.

 

“What?” you squinted at him.

 

“Nothing. And that guy, I really don’t like him.” He stated.

 

“Funny, you two have quite similar thoughts about each other.” You rolled your eyes.

 

“But anyway.” He said, grabbing your hand again. “Did you guys go on a date?” he asked casually, although you could sense the desperation in his voice.

 

Time to have some fun.

 

“I don’t know. Don’t you think that’s between me and him?” you stuck your tongue out at him.

 

“Yah! You should tell me these things!” 

 

“It’s possible that we went bowling, to a movie, and had Chinese together.” You suppressed a giggle as Jongin grew more and more distraught with every word.

 

He really was jealous.

 

“And?” he asked.

 

“And?”

 

He took a step towards you. “Did he… kiss you?”

 

You nodded, although it was only partially true. Sehun had kissed you on the cheek so that didn’t exactly count as a ‘kiss’ per se.

 

Jongin moved his body closer to yours and brought his hand up to rest on your cheek. Your heart was beating at an irregular rate again, about five times faster than usual, or maybe twenty-five, it was hard to tell.

 

He grazed his thumb over your lower lip and your eyes fluttered shut. "Here?" He whispered.

 

He inched closer until the light stubble on his chin tickled your skin. “Not fair.”

 

He was about to kiss you again and you couldn’t deny the fact that you were nervous. Something about Jongin always made you feel that way, no matter how close you two had been. He never failed to make your heart flutter even at the slightest touch.

 

His lips brushed against yours momentarily and your breath hitched.

 

“How will you make it up to me?” 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Our innocent Jongin is becoming more and more erted each chapter! Sehun's influence got to him didn't it?

Anyway, HELLO!

I'm currently dying trying to juggle school and volunteering and trying to workout every so often, but I'm pretty lazy so I don't know if i'll be able to maintain the going to the gym thing. But, maybe If I motivate myself I'll have abs soon :)

THANKS FOR READING. See you soon.