The Rest of Our Lives

Towards You

Sehun folded the last of his clothing, making sure he didn’t leave anything behind. He reached over to grab the rest of his belongings, packing those away as well. All the while, contemplating whether or not this was the right decision. His Omma had wanted to go home for a while, and he couldn’t deny the fact that he too missed his uncles and grandparents. The last two years were the best of his life. He befriended some of the best people, experienced the most remarkable things, and best of all; fell in love. In the end, Sehun wasn’t able to say those three words, but that didn’t lessen any of the love that he had in his heart. You were his first love, and he would never forget you. He smiled to himself as he hugged the jacket he had lent you months earlier. He would miss you, more than he could describe. And as much as he wanted to remain by your side till the end, your heart belonged to another. That was okay though, as long as you'd never let that smile that he loved so much fade away.

 

 

The last thing he packed away was the letter; he placed it into an envelope before holding it close to his heart.

 

 

“It’s time to go home Hyung.”

 

 

✥✥✥✥

 

 

You checked your watch for the sixth time within that hour.

 

 

“He said 3:00pm right? Or was it 4:00PM, or was it 3:30PM?” you questioned, fidgeting with your fingers.

 

 

“Relax baby, his flight is at 3:00pm. You were right the first time.” He reached over and stopped the fidgeting, his eyes never leaving the road in front of him.

 

 

You nodded, letting out an anxious breath. Sehun was leaving today, and you had to make sure to arrive at the airport on time or you’d miss him. The last few months had been hard on him, but during this time the two of you had gotten closer than ever before. He confided in you and trusted you with all his being, which meant more to you than anything else. You didn’t want him to leave, but that was his choice to make.

 

 

For a while he’d been wanting to go back home so that he could have a proper traditional ceremony for his brother. Though the thought of not having your best friend around brought hot tears to your eyes, his happiness mattered more to you than your self-centered desire to keep him here. 

 

 

Jongin placed a calming hand on your head once he heard your sniffles. “He’ll be back.”

 

 

I hope so.

 

 

Jongin parked beside the entrance, jogging over to your side to open the door. You stepped out, reaching over to the back seat to grab the scrapbook you had made the night before. It was lame and looked like a three year old made it, but you still hoped Sehun would like it.

 

 

Jongin interlocked his hand with yours, squeezing it lightly before the two of you walked through the entrance. You pulled out your phone confirming that the gate number was infact C-514 like Sehun had said it was. Once you caught sight of Cindy and the others, a smile appeared your face. You rushed over and placed the present down, giving Cindy a long hug. “Where is he? I want to give him something.” You giggled

 

 

Once you pulled back Cindy had a frown on her face. “…He’s gone.”

 

 

“Wh-What?” you let out a nervous laugh. “The flight was at 3:00PM right? There’s still a half hour left.” You reminded.

 

 

She glanced at Chanyeol and then back at you, shaking her head slowly. “The flight was at 2:30PM”

 

 

What.

 

 

“No that can’t be right.” You insisted, showing her the text message Sehun had sent days before. Cindy let out a sigh, unsure of what to say next.

 

 

There was no way Sehun left without saying goodbye. He just wouldn’t do that, he wouldn’t.

 

 

Jongin sighed and moved you over to a seat. He rubbed a hand along your back, hoping to soothe some of your disappointment.

 

 

Sehun, you-you idiot.

 

 

How could you-

 

 

“Did somebody ask for me?”

 

 

His voice broke through the group. You glanced up, and surely enough Sehun walked out from behind Chanyeol and Joonmyeon, a sly grin plastered on his stupid face. You let out a gasp and ran towards him, jumping up into his embrace. “You stupid moron!” you cried, weakly hitting him with your closed fists. “I thought you left!”

 

 

“You really thought I’d leave without seeing you?” he laughed.

 

 

“He said he’d buy me food if we played this prank on you, I swear if it wasn’t for food I never would’ve done it!” Chanyeol said. You heard Cindy giggle, she was in on it too!?

 

 

This world was cruel, your friends were cruel.

 

 

Sehun pulled you away by your shoulders, reaching over to gently ruffle your hair. “Yah… you’re not crying are you?”

 

 

You looked up at him with tear-filled eyes. “No! It’s just dust.” You yelled, smacking him in the abdomen. He smiled mouthing ‘sorry’ with a pout.

 

 

“Now that I’ve seen you, do I have permission to leave?” he smiled.

 

 

You widened your eyes and glanced at your watch, his flight would begin boarding soon. “W-Wait!” you said, running back towards the scrapbook that was lying on one of the seats by the waiting area.

 

 

You grabbed the scrapbook and hesitantly handed it to him. “Here.”

 

 

“What is it?” he questioned, his eyes curiously inspecting the item before him.

 

 

“Don’t open it now! open it on the flight, or when you start to miss me.” you said, making sure he didn’t open the embarrassing present in front of your jealous boyfriend. That wouldn’t be pretty, not at all.

 

 

He chuckled then pinched your cheek. “Arasso arasso!”

 

 

 

“Attention all passengers, flight C-514 will begin boarding now.”

 

 

 

You turned to glance at the overjoyed lady, then back at Sehun. His smile grew into a frown and he let out a long sigh. “Guess it’s time to go.”

 

 

Joonmyeon and Chanyeol hugged him, both giving him a short lecture about keeping and touch and staying in school. Though the staying in the school part was mostly Joonmyeon, he especially made sure Sehun was aware that if he didn’t graduate with at least an A grade that he would know. “Ne hyung, I will.”

 

 

“Let me know if you find a pretty little hunnie, kay? I’ll give you some man-to-man advice.” Chanyeol said.

 

Afterwards, Sehun hugged Cindy and said his farewells to a few of his classmates that had shown up. Lastly, he turned towards you.

 

 

“Well, bye pabo.” He weakly smiled.

 

 

You bit down on your lip to hold back the tears forming in your eyes. Goodbyes were not your thing.

 

 

He placed a comforting hand on your head and pulled you into a short embrace. “Uljima” he whispered into your ear. “Take care of yourself, and don’t forget. You’ll always be the brightest star in my heart.”

 

 

With that a tear slipped past your carefully guarded barriers, your heavy heart tearing you apart.

 

 

 Sehun walked you over to Jongin, moving your body into the protection of his. “Don’t make her cry anymore.”

 

 

Jongin didn’t say a word, he merely nodded.

 

 

 

 

“Last call for flight C- 514”                                                                                                                     

 

 

 

 

Sehun picked up his bag and tossed it over his shoulder, giving one last smile to the group of friends before heading into the terminal. But he was sure, one day he’d be back.

 

 

One day, they’d all be together again.

 

 

You placed your weary head on Jongin’s chest, his reassuring heartbeat reminding you that everything would be just fine.

 

 

As you walked out of the airport, the air was filled with sadness. Everybody’s mood had significantly dropped, though you had all agreed you would send Sehun away with smiling faces, when it came down to it everybody was miserable.

 

 

Joonmyeon cleared his throat awkwardly. “Should we go to a coffee shop? I’ll buy.”

 

 

“Say no more.” Chanyeol said, following the older boy to his car. Cindy smiled and placed a hand on your shoulder before joining her boyfriend.

 

 

You let out a sigh and glanced at Jongin who seemed to be in deep thought. Once he noticed you gazing at him, a smile appeared on his lips.

 

 

“Should we go on an adventure this summer?”

 

 

You gave him a confused look. “But summer’s almost over.”

 

 

“We have more than enough time left. So, shall we go?”

 

 

You hesitated but soon agreed, his smile mirroring yours. He offered you his hand and you took it, letting him lead you towards the others.

 

 

Though summer was nearly over, the memories you had made this year would surely carve their own special spot in your heart.

 

 

Soon everybody would graduate and begin their lives. And much like goodbye’s, growing up was another part of this strange world. As you laughed along with your friends on that warm Sunday afternoon, hand-in-hand with the boy of your dreams, you glanced up at the clear blue sky.

 

 

Life was truly a miracle.

 

 

 


A/N:

Well that’s it my friends! Thank you for supporting this story all the time, reading your comments always made my day just a little bit better. All of you are special to me and dont chu forget it! 

Well goodbye 。゚・(>﹏<)・゚。

I hope to see you all in my next story. HUGS ALL AROUND!

While we're at it, can we take a second to appreciate SeKai please?

AWWWWWWWWWW

They make my heart tingle. Our favourite maknae's :')