The Party

Towards You

You took the elastic out of your ponytail and let your long brown hair fall to your back. Grabbing your mascara, you applied it lightly to your eyelashes, followed by a little blush and some lip moisturizer.

 

“Cindy, I’m ready” you called to her. It never really took you long to get ready, mostly because you had no talent when it came to makeup. Nevertheless, you once tried doing your own makeup for a high school dance. Let’s just say people began to wonder why a clown was booked for an event that consisted of zero children, truly embarrassing.

 

“Coming!” she said.

 

You quickly slipped on your heels for the night and walked over to the kitchen to snack on something. A few minutes later, you heard footsteps coming down from the stairs and you turned around to glance at your best friend.

 

“Wahhh, you look so beautiful” you marveled. The dress you picked out for her really suited her figure. Her hair was lightly curled at the ends and she had dark red lipstick on.

 

“You think?” she giggled

 

You nodded as she gave you a hug.

 

“Yeollie will pass out” you stated, giving her a wink. She blushed and poked you in the stomach. She then grabbed you arm and looked you up and down.

 

“You know? I think I may just let you keep that dress. You look so much better in it than I do” she stated. “But, you’ll look even better in a second” she added.

 

“Hmm?” you raised your eyebrows at her.

 

She sat you down on sofa and ran upstairs. After a few minutes she came back with a makeup bag and hair straighter. She opened the makeup bag and took out a bright red lipstick and black liner.

 

“Stay still” she said, reaching over you to apply the lipstick on your lips.

 

“This stuff smells weird-“

 

“Stay still!” she repeated. You sighed and just let her do her thing.

 

Ding Dong

 

She glanced at the door and gasped. “The guys are here!” she stood back and glanced at you, admiring her work.

 

Just as you were about to look in the mirror, Cindy grabbed your arm and pulled you to the door. She opened the door and there stood Sehun and Chanyeol. You wondered where Joonmyeon was but then assumed he would be meeting you guys at the venue.

 

“You two look great!” Chanyeol practically howled. He reached over and kissed Cindy on the forehead. “Especially you” he whispered into her embrace. She blushed and returned the compliment. You made a disgusted face and glanced over at Sehun, expecting he’d have the same expression, but he didn’t. He was gazing at you, his mouth slightly parted and his cheeks flushed.

 

Cindy and Chanyeol walked out of the house and towards the car while you stood there in the doorway, unable to remove yourself from his gaze.

 

“You look…” he hesitated “beautiful”.

 

Your lips formed into a smile and you glanced down, quite obviously embarrassed. “Thanks, you don’t look too bad yourself” you said, lightly punching him in the arm.

 

“Shall we go?” you asked. He nodded and the both of you walked out to the car and drove off.

 

When you arrived at the venue, you were surprised to see that it was far fancier than you had imagined. The inside of the restaurant was decorated with artificial trees and vines that made it appear truly spectacular. There were several waiters on standby and you nearly gaped when you saw the amount of food on the main dining table. The second floor opened up into a large balcony that was decorated with twinkling Christmas lights that lit up the entire area, giving it an elegant feel.

 

 “Cind, is this all for us?” you said, reaching over to her.

 

“Well, I might have invited a few more people, nothing too big” she assured.

 

“Now this is a party” Chanyeol said, while holding Cindy by the waist. “I’ll be right back, duty calls!” he winked.

 

He walked down the staircase and casually hovered around the counter that held the drinks. The alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks were clearly labeled. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a thin bottle of vodka, he then quickly looked around and poured it into the large pitcher’s that held the non-alcoholic fruit juice.

 

“This will be fun” he smiled.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

You glanced at your phone for the 4th time tonight, still nothing.

 

Why isn’t he here yet?

 

You looked over the staircase; the place was seriously packed. Cindy definitely didn’t invite this many people. You walked down the stairs and headed for the drinks counter. Grabbing a glass of the fruit juice, you walked over to Joonmyeon and Cindy who were sitting at one of the tables.

 

“Who are all these people?” you pointed out.

 

“I’m thinking the same thing” Cindy replied with a nervous expression on her face. “I guess word of the party must have gotten out” she stressed.

 

“Should I kick them out-“

 

“Well hello milady, may I have this dance?” Chanyeol interrupted, reaching his hand out to her. He had this goofy smile on his face that melted Cindy’s heart every single time. Whenever he smiled like that she would instantly forget her train of thought.

 

“You may” she smiled.

 

He took her arm and linked it with his; he then led her to the dance floor.

 

Joonmyeon’s gaze followed her, his eyes not leaving her for a second. He reached for his wine glass and drank the entire contents of it. He then poured himself a new glass and positioned it on his lips once again.

 

You placed your hand on his arm “Don’t” you warned. He sighed and put down the glass.

 

“It’s so hard, I thought I could get over her but…” you placed your hand on top of his and gave him a small nod.

 

 Joonmyeon had feelings for Cindy ever since you introduced them to each other one year ago; he was never able to tell her though. Finally, when he was ready to confess, she met Chanyeol and suddenly everything changed. No matter how much he loved her, he didn’t have the heart to get in between them. He knew how happy she was with him, and he would rather live his entire life with this sadness than to see her sad. You reached out to him and offered him your hand.

 

“I know I’m not her, but I guess it’ll have to do” you softly smiled. He looked up, his eyes red and puffy. He returned your smile, but you noticed how it was full of misery.

 

You brought him to the dance floor while Dope by BTS was playing. While twirling in your dress, you began to dance. Joonmyeon managed a smile, you weren’t sure if it was because of your terrible dancing or something else, but you were just relieved that he smiled. He started to loosen up and soon began to dance with you.

 

“I gotta make it, gotta gotta make it DOPE!” you two sang in unison. You were having so much fun dancing you didn’t notice the group of people who had joined you two. Suddenly, it felt like everybody in the restaurant was dancing. “DOPE! DOPE!” the cluster of people shouted. You shouted with them, it felt like you had all the energy in the world.

 

After a while you began to feel a little claustrophobic so you managed to get out of the group and you were headed towards the drinks table when you were stopped.

 

“Going somewhere?” Sehun stepped in front of you. “So you’ll dance with hyung but not me?” he made a puppy dog face.

 

You reached out and pulled on his cheek. “Who says I won’t” you laughed. He raised an eyebrow.

 

“What? You will? This isn’t like you-“you grabbed his arm and pulled him to the dance floor. Suddenly, the song changed to a slower song and your eyebrows furrowed.

 

“How do we dance to this?” you said, giving him a puzzled look. You shrugged and turned around when his hand closed around your wrist. He turned you around and slid his left hand around your waist, pulling you closer to him. “Like this” he smiled.

 

A blush covered your cheeks as he gazed into your eyes.

 

Just when you were about to say something you felt your phone vibrate in your clutch. Moving away from Sehun you grabbed your phone to check the message;

 

.................................................................................................

[My blonde neighbour] - Saturday April 20th, 2015.

 

I'm outside.

..........................................................................

 

Looking up from your phone, you raised your index finger at Sehun as if to say “one second”.

 

You walked towards the entrance of the restaurant. Once you arrived, you looked around but were having a hard time finding him since there were so many people. You jumped when you felt a tap on your shoulder and quickly turned around.

 

Your eyes widened, Jongin was wearing a tight black suit and his soft blonde hair was pushed back. This was the first time you were seeing him so dressed up and couldn’t help but admire how handsome he looked.

 

“You look...Wow” he gushed, glancing down. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink. He then glanced up just in time to meet his eyes with yours. You could feel your own cheeks warming up by the second and you tried to swallow so that you could speak. You were the first one to look away.

 

“Want to meet the group?” you said, still trying to recover from your rapid heartbeat.

 

He nodded and you two entered the restaurant. The crowd was still going crazy and you tried your best not to get trampled. Unexpectedly, you felt Jongin’s hand close around yours. You glanced up at him and he was looking straight ahead, he led you through the crowd of people, roughly moving people out of the way so that you could easily walk through.

 

Once the crowd dispersed, you saw everyone sitting at one of the back tables and when Cindy saw you she waved. You smiled and walked over to the table.

 

“We were wondering where you went” Cindy said, noticing Jongin. Sehun was giving Jongin a dirty look, he was staring at your hands and you gave him a confused look and looked down at your hand only to notice Jongin still holding it.

 

You quickly let go, hoping that you wouldn’t have to answer any embarrassing questions.

 

“Guys, this is Jongin, my next door neighbor.” You explained.

 

He introduced himself to the group and your friends did the same, except for Sehun who looked extremely displeased. You two sat down and began to talk to the group. Jongin had always been a crowd pleaser and you were glad to see that your friends seemed to think so too

 

After a while, Jongin got a phone call so he excused himself from the group. You did the same, partly because you had to pee, but mostly because you were getting tired of Chanyeol’s drunken jokes. You walked over to the bathroom, grabbing a glass of fruit juice on the way. You drank the entire glass before you even reached the bathroom, why were you so thirsty.

 

While washing your hands in the bathroom sink, you noticed a familiar looking girl standing next to you. She had her arms folded across her chest and her eyes were digging into you.

 

“Can I help you?” you said, feeling slightly drowsy.

 

“Do you know who I am?” she replied, the tone of her voice threatening. You shook your head quite obviously confused.

 

“Well you seem to know Kai, so you must know me” she went on. “I’m his girlfriend, Krystal” she added, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

 

“Oh.” You seemed to recognize her, although your memory was fuzzy due to the drowsiness.

 

“'Oh'? That’s all you have to say?” she spat.

 

“Nice to meet you?” you felt really dizzy now, but managed to bring your hand forward.

 

She glanced down at it and scoffed.

 

“Listen, I’m not here to befriend you” she provoked, swatting away your hand.

 

That woke you up a bit.

 

“If you have any self respect left in you then you’ll stay away from Kai” she said, moving up to you. “I saw you holding his hand, save yourself the embarrassment and stop throwing yourself on him. He would never want a girl like you anyway” she laughed, holding up a strand of your hair. You slapped away her hand.

 

“You’re not his girlfriend. He would never be with somebody like you." 

 

“Oh, he wouldn’t would he?” she smiled. She walked out of the bathroom, her heels clicking loudly behind her.

 

You put both your hands on the counter to balance yourself.

 

What was that? She can’t really be the girl he’s in love with… can she?

 

You walked out of the bathroom and looked up to see Jongin, you smiled but your smile quickly faded when you saw her. When she looked over at you, she put her arms around Jongin, giving him a kiss on the cheek. There was a familiar pain working its way through your heart, a pain that you would rip you apart if you stayed in that room for any longer. You walked over to the drink counter and aimlessly grabbed a glass, not caring what it was. While chugging the entire thing, you felt it slip out of your fingers. The glass landed on the ground with a muffled shatter. It was loud enough for the small group of people around you to hear, Jongin being one of them.

 

It was getting increasingly hard to see, the tears began to flood your eyes. You just wanted to leave; you couldn’t stay here in the same room with him anymore.

 

The dizziness was taking over your body; you couldn’t think straight and walked out of the back entrance of the restaurant. Stumbling out of the backdoor, you had the sudden urge to tell Jongin everything. What was happening to you?

 

There must have been something in my drink. I can’t…

 

You felt a tear slip past your eyelashes, then another, and another. Suddenly, you were crying, the pain in your heart escalating.

 

Footsteps began approaching behind you. You turned around just in time to see him; and it was like you were seeing him for the first time. The boy who hurt you years ago was now a man.

 

“_____-ah? Are you okay?” he began to approach you.

 

“Don’t come any closer” you warned. He stopped in his path, concern flooding his face.

 

This is your fault, all your fault.

 

Your bottom lip began to quiver and you noticed he was about to say something.

 

“Don’t” you cautioned, looking at the ground.

 

After taking a deep breath, you continued.

 

“Why did you leave without even saying goodbye" you began to shake, your voice breaking in the process. "Did our friendship mean nothing to you Jongin?” You were staring mindlessly at him.

 

His eyes were looking into yours, desperately trying to read your thoughts.

 

“I tried… I tried to forget you and I thought I had, but when you came back, my feelings came back with you”.

 

His eyes widened and he took another step.

 

You put your hand out in front of yourself. 

 

Why was this happening? you didnt want this.

 

You didn't want him to know your feelings, you didn't want him to see you so helpless and needy.

 

But it was like all control that you once had on your body, was gone.

 

 

 

“Every time I see you, it hurts” tears began to cloud your vision. “But no matter how hard I try to stay away from you, something always brings me right back”

 

He was walking towards you now; you had no more energy left in you to stop him. As he stood right in front of you, the sadness in his eyes were speaking for him.

 

“I hate you” you whispered.

 

“I hate you so much!” you cried, banging your fists into his chest. You were sobbing now, it hurt so much. Everything hurt. Him leaving you years ago, you meeting him like this again. Why did he mean so much to you, why couldn’t you just forget him like you wanted to?

 

“I hate you” you repeated, quieter this time. Your fists banging into his chest pathetically.

 

Suddenly, he grabbed on to your wrists and you felt the energy leave your body.

 

You knew you couldn’t fight him anymore.

 

His left hand latched on to your waist and he brought his right hand under your chin. Your eyes were shut and you briefly opened them.

 

The expression on his face was something you couldn’t describe, he looked so broken.

 

You opened your mouth to say something, but instead of words you felt his lips crash into yours.

 

This took you by surprise and you widened your eyes and then shut them again, suddenly feeling powerless in his embrace. Everything became cloudy, you couldn’t think, you couldn’t breathe, nothing made sense. The rapid thumping of your heart was clouding all your reasoning.

 

All that came to mind was how warm his lips felt, moving against yours.

 

He opened his mouth further, deepening the kiss. Your body was subconsciously responding to the kiss, you had no control over it anymore.

 

Kissing him back, you melted with his every touch. He pulled you closer into him by the waist and you suddenly felt breathless, but you couldn't turn away. 

 

Eventually, you were the first to pull away and just as you did, you fell back into his arms.

 

You were so tired, so so tired. All you wanted now was for this dream to never end, the dream that you’ve been having for days now.

 

The strangest thing about it was that this time, it seemed nothing like a dream.

 

You were awake.

 

And this was real.

 

 


A/N: 

So i finished writing this chapter at 6:30 am and I can truly say that even though i'm now severely sleep deperived, it was totally worth it. Another thing, JONGIN FEEELLLSSS! that kiss though, Jongin doesn't seem too shy about skinship anymore does he? Upvote/comment if you liked this chapter!