The Gang

Towards You

The lecture went by slower than you thought it would. Usually, economics really interested you, but today your mind was elsewhere. After the professor dismissed the class, you handed in your term paper and left the lecture hall. As you were walking in Hall-B, you felt your phone vibrate in the pocket of your jacket. Pulling it out quickly, you read the message.

 

 

 .....................................................................

 

[Sehunnie] - 1:20 PM Thursday March 3rd, 2015.

 

Come to the food court.

 

 ......................................................................

 

Glancing up from your phone, you were reminded of the last time you saw Sehun. There was no lie, you still felt a little flustered at the encounter that had occured days before. After all, he had never acted that way towards you before.

 

But, it could’ve just been in the heat of the moment? Yeah that’s got to be the case! After you had convinced yourself of that, you headed towards the food court.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

The food court was busier than usual since there was some sort of grand opening for the cheese sticks joint. After noticing Sehun at one of the tables near the back, you headed in his direction. He soon noticed you and promptly motioned you over.  He was sitting with Chanyeol who was not only a close friend, but he was also your best friend’s boyfriend. They had started dating four months ago and you couldn’t be happier for her. Although they had their ups and downs, they were essentially perfect for one another. A smile formed on your lips and you sat down beside Sehun, mentally congratulating yourself for having kept your balance as the floor was scattered with books and backpacks.

 

“Hey, you’re here!” Chanyeol yelled. The excitement apparent in his voice.

 

“Hi to you too Yeollie.” you laughed. “Where’s Cindy?”

 

“She has a lecture right now so she’s coming in a bit.”

 

He stood from his seated position to give you one of his tall giraffe hugs and you giggled. When you first met him you couldn’t believe such a deep and raspy voice could belong to such a baby faced boy.

 

“Why did you take so long I’m starving.” He pouted.

 

“Oh, you guys didn’t eat?” you asked, placing your bag on the table. The boy shook his head, sending a glare in Sehun’s general direction. “Sehun here wanted to wait till you got here so that we could eat together. How kind of him right?” he teased.

 

Glancing at Sehun you noticed he had been staring at you all the time. A smile left your lips and he returned the said smile.

 

“Hungry?” he smiled.

 

“More like I had to restrain myself from eating my own hand in class.”

 

“Come on, I’ll buy you some food” he laughed, pulling you up with him.

 

“Did I ever tell you that I’m glad you’re my best friend?” you stated, quite dramatically.

 

“Whaaat, Sehun-ah I asked you to buy me some cheese sticks and you flat out said no!” Chanyeol yelled from across the table.

 

“Hyung, I bought you three orders of cheese sticks” he stated.

 

“Oh yeah…but they lady cheaped out! There were barely any in the bag!” he complained.

 

Sehun sighed and accepted defeat.

 

When the two of you were heading back to your table after buying the food—which you ended up paying for as Sehun had paid for dinner the other day, you noticed Cindy was at the table talking to her boyfriend.

 

“CIND!” you yelled.

 

Once the said girl saw you, her eyes lit up.  Running up to her side, you wrapped your arms around for a tight hug. It almost felt like you wanted to cry, but you suppressed the feeling. Nonetheless, you were excited to see your best friend as she had been away for over a month. She was studying to become a doctor and had managed to get an international internship. But, now she was back, and you had so much to tell her.

 

“Aww so cute, can I join?” asked Chanyeol.

 

“Shut up Chan.” she said, pretending to smack the boy. He dodged it of course, and instead, made a kissy face at her.

 

After the group took their seats, you began eating your burger and fries, practically inhaling it.

 

“How was Africa!?” you asked Cindy with your mouth still full.

 

She began to tell everyone about the amazing wildlife and natural wonders she saw. Her eyes shone when she started talking about the children that lived at the orphanage she was assigned to. Cindy really was a people person, she would always know what to say when you were upset or stressed regarding life.

 

When you first entered high school years ago, you promised yourself you wouldn’t let people walk over you anymore. That was when you met Cindy, and needless to say you became friends right away. She was so confident and beautiful and was never afraid to speak her mind; that was exactly the type of person you wanted to be.  As a result, the two of you became quite close and she became much like a sister to you, especially when you were going through your mother’s depression. She taught you how to become more confident and independent and you were forever grateful for her. Aside from all of that, she was also the only one (maybe in the entire world) who could leave Chanyeol speechless.

 

“But enough about me.” Cindy said. “Are you all settled into your new bachelorette pad?”

 

“I could never have enough of you.” whispered Chanyeol, a smirk rising on his lips. She rolled her eyes and crinkled her nose at him.

 

The two of them were so in love. It wasn’t difficult to tell how much they meant to one another. It made you wonder, would you ever have something like that?

 

“Yeah I think so, I couldn’t have done it without Sehun though.” you said, looking at him appreciatively.

 

“I was just sitting around all day anyways.” he said, playing with the trinket that was attached to your backpack.

 

“So you didn’t go to that baseball game you won tickets to?” Chanyeol casually asked.

 

Curiously, you turned to see Sehun, who suddenly resembled a deer caught in headlights. From the side of your face you could see that Chanyeol was making apologetic faces at Sehun like he'd accidently just said something he wasn’t supposed to say. He missed the game for me?

 

“Sehunnie… you can’t be serious. Please tell me you didn-“

 

“No, it’s nothing like that." he laughed, rubbing the area at back of his neck. “I gave the tickets to my kid cousin, he’s wanted to go for a while and he couldn’t get tickets so…”

 

Cindy and Chanyeol smiled at each other knowingly. You, however, felt a wave of guilt wash over you.  

 

“Hey guys!” shouted Kim Joonmyeon, practically appearing out of nowhere.

 

“Hyung where were you?” Chanyeol inquired, glancing at his watch.

 

Joonmyeon explained to the group that he had lost track of time during his lecture. He was an assistant professor and would step in every now and then when the head professor had other lectures to attend. Aside from that, he was also the head of the music club. After sitting down across from Cindy, he gave her a smile. His cheeks turned a light color of pink, noticeable by everyone but Chanyeol. While Cindy was aware of his feelings, she could do nothing for him. She’d already given her heart and soul to Chanyeol and she knew nothing could change that.

 

 

✥✥✥✥

 

 

After your last lecture of the day, you stayed back so that you could help Joonmyeon organize the lists of students who had applied to join the music club. Since you held the title of ‘assistant head’ to the music club, you didn’t mind lending a hand. Sehun offered to help as well and you took this opportunity to confront him about the game he missed out on.

 

“You missed it because of me didn’t you?”

 

“Don’t worry about it okay?” he smiled.

 

“Sehun-ah seriously-” you began to say when he cut you off.

 

Suddenly, the distance between the two of you had disappeared. His nose was practically touching yours while his eyes were focused solely on you. Involuntarily, a gasp left your lips and you froze in your position. He was looking straight into your eyes, almost as if he was searching for something. Sehun cocked his head to the side, his scent reaching you. It reminded you of a blooming orchard, gentle and light.”Can’t I do things for you?” he smiled. You weren’t sure what to say, so you just kept quiet.

 

“I hope that I can.” he smiled, breaking the silence.

 

After gently ruffling your hair Sehun took his leave; something about meeting up with his brother. But he made sure you were aware of the time and asked Joonmyeon to drive you home since it was already dark. The latter glanced up from his work briefly, but nodded nonetheless.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

Once you and Joonmyeon had finally finished organizing, he asked if you could drop off the final list to the head office located at the fine arts department. You agreed and headed towards Hall-F.

 

Although you had been to this hallway before, it looked unfamiliar as a majority of the lights had been turned off. Noticing an especially bright light at the end of the hallway, curiosity took over you  and you headed towards it. Poking your head into the small gap between the doors you caught sight of a man. The said individual was dancing, and quite passionately at that. It was almost impossible to tear your gaze away, the man moved so effortlessly it was almost as if he weren’t real.

 

Without realization, the weight of your body on the doors pushed them open. Your body was lunged forward and you almost tripped, twisting your ankle in the process. After falling to the ground, a small cry left your lips as your hands wrapped around your ankle. Instinctively, you surveyed your surroundings in an effort to find some help, forgetting the man whom you witnessed dancing seconds ago. Sure enough, the man met your gaze and he rushed over.

 

It was Kim Jongin.

 

A quiet gasp left your lips and you struggled to stand up with the intention of leaving. But, it was all in vain. Jongin was already by your side, his gentle hands wrapped around your ankle.

 

 

 

 


A/N: 

How sweet of Sehun to choose her over a game, guys rarely ever do that!