Exams week

Towards You

The next few weeks were so busy you were having a hard time keeping up. It was exam week which meant everything was hectic as usual. You barely had enough time to sleep let alone see your friends. But it wasn’t hard to imagine what everyone was up to.

 

Cindy being the control freak she is, was probably nose deep into a medical textbook somewhere far off in the library. Chanyeol is no doubt in the library with her but instead of studying, he’s most likely distracting her by obnoxiously playing SNSD music videos in front of her until she gets jealous and smacks him.

 

Joonmyeon is somewhere in the teacher’s assistant’s office desperately trying to help yet another female student cram because she claims that "math hurts her head". When in reality, she’s fully prepared but what better a time to flirt with your professor?

 

And you, well you and Sehun are trapped in your apartment downing an average two cups of coffee every two hours while trying your best not to strangle each other due to the stress.

 

“Yah! I think I finally figured it out!” Sehun yelled from across the table.

 

You grabbed his notebook and analyzed it; a sigh escaped your lips.

 

“You didn’t account for the change in interest rates, see?” you said, pointing to the incorrectly drawn graph.

 

He narrowed his eyes then let out a defeated grown.

 

“That’s it, I’m done, peace out world.” he said, practically banging his head on the table.

 

You rolled your eyes and continued studying since you still had quite a bit left to do.

 

*20 minutes later*

 

You peeled off a sticky note reminder and stuck it on your notebook to remind yourself to finish studying chapters 4 and 5. You then finished writing the last paragraph of study notes and let out a breath of relief, wiping nonexistent sweat off your forehead.

 

You glanced over at Sehun who was still fast asleep with his head on the table.

 

“Yah! We have to do well on this exam wake up!” you said, poking his head.

 

He didn’t budge.

 

“Ehhm” you cleared your throat loudly.

 

Is he really asleep?

 

You quietly got up from your seat and walked around the table to where he was seated.

 

“Sehun-ah?” you whispered.

 

Oh this is great, he’s asleep. You giggled.

 

You grabbed a black marker from your pencil box and hunched over him so that you’d have better access of his face.

 

“Hmm a mustache or whiskers?” you whispered, quiet enough so that he wouldn’t hear.

 

You leaned in near his face.

 

“How about a unibrow?” he said, grabbing your wrist.

 

You let out a small scream and stumbled backwards, slipping on the mess of papers below you.

 

Sehun acted quickly and slipped a hand under your back, preventing you from hitting the ground. You opened your scrunched up eyes to see Sehun in front of you, his hand gripping you tightly.

 

Your face became bright red.

 

“YAH!” you yelled, pushing him away. “You startled me!”

 

“Well you shouldn’t have been so close to me” he smiled, leaning into you.

 

You blushed, then shot him an angry look and stomped on his foot.

 

“Oww” he whined.

 

“You deserve it!” you said, storming off.

 

He smiled, rubbing the back of his neck and then he suddenly looked up.

 

“Hey! Let’s go get ice-cream!"

 

✥✥✥✥

 

“Thanks” you said, sticking your tongue out at Sehun as he handed you an ice-cream cone.

 

“I couldn’t remember what flavor you like so I asked them to give me the worst kind they have.” he mocked.

 

“Huh? But I love strawberry” you said, looking down at your cone. “You said that- oh” you rolled your eyes when you caught on to the joke.

 

"Who even likes strawberry ice-cream" he said, giving you a judgmental look.

 

You responded by giving him a death glare. He cowered down in front of you, pretending to be scared.

 

“You should be” you smiled.

 

Your eyes wandered to a girl behind Sehun who was laughing obnoxiously loud, it was almost embarrassing. She was clinging on to the guy next to her, while he didn’t seem to be responding to her actions.

 

You narrowed your eyes in order to get a better look of the guy since his back was facing you, but soon gave up since it didn’t concern you anyway.

 

“Kai! Do you want to taste some of mine?!” she squealed.

 

You turned your attention back to the girl once you heard his name. He turned around to his face her and you widened your eyes; it really was Jongin.

 

You looked back at the girl; she had a perfect figure and a really pretty face.

 

Jongin rejected the ice-cream she was offering him so she placed her hand on his shoulder and pouted, trying to convince him with her ‘cutesy’ act.

 

You suddenly remembered the other night when you overheard Jongin on the phone.

 

Oh, so she must be the girl he’s in love with.

 

You looked away and tried to focus on your ice-cream.

 

So what if he has a girlfriend? I should be happy about this. You thought.

 

If he was seeing someone that meant you no longer had to worry about your feelings, right?

 

Yeah, this is a good thing.

 

Sehun waved his hand in front of you.

 

“Wake up miss, what are you thinking about?” he asked.

 

“I’m trying to imagine how funny you’ll look with a slap imprint on your face when your mom finds out how terrible you did on exams” you mused, tapping his nose.

 

“Yeah? Well…” he stammered.

 

You laughed, almost dropping your icecream in the process.

 

“Fine, I’ll help you but you better pay attention” you warned.

 

“Yes ma’am!” he beamed.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

When exams week finally ended you couldn’t believe you were still standing upright. It had been a chaotic week for everyone and you couldn’t be happier for its conclusion. You were surprised that you were able to finish up your studying considering the amount of people you helped cram last second.

 

“I’m sooooo tired, my fingers hurt from all that writing” Chanyeol complained, waving his fingers in front of Cindy’s face.

 

She rolled her eyes and brought his hands into hers and began to massage them.

 

He smiled and leaned in close to her, giving her a light kiss on the cheek. She blushed as he tried to reach for her lips.

 

“Can you guys kindly take your disgustingness somewhere else? Some of us are still single” Joonmyeon announced from across the table.

 

Chanyeol pulled away, mouthing obscenities under his breath.

 

“Thanks for ruining it hyung” he hissed.

 

Cindy blushed and looked away flustered.

 

Joonmyeon’s eyes lingered on her for a bit and all he could think was; god she’s cute. He cleared his throat awkwardly then brought his attention back to the group.

 

“Guys now that we’re finished with exams, we should celebrate!” Chanyeol proposed.

 

“Good idea hyung, let’s do it!” Sehun chimed in.

 

“Should we do it at my uncle’s restaurant? He’s always looking for more bookings!” Cindy offered.

 

“Woohooo partayyy! I’ll bring the booze!” Chanyeol roared in excitement.

 

“Yah! Don’t you dare mix it in the punch like last time!” you barked. There was one thing you didn’t have a great relationship with, and that was alcohol.  You had basically no tolerance to it and it went straight through you. The result was not pretty.

 

You shuddered remembering what happened last time at the Christmas party. Let’s just say Sehun had to buy new shoes that night.

 

“Fine! I’ll just bring enough for myself” he scoffed.

 

“So it’s settled then, tomorrow night!” Cindy said, bringing her hands together.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

“What about this one?” Cindy said, placing a blue and black dress up to her body.

 

“Hmmm, next!” you stated as you lazily lounged on her sofa while snacking on some chips.

 

She pouted and chucked the dress towards the back of her enormous walk-in closet. She shuffled through her clothes and dug up a bright red dress.

 

“That one!” you pointed.

 

“This?” she questioned, eyeing the dress. “I forgot I had this, it’s been buried in my closet all this time”

 

“It’s perfect” you assured.

 

She smiled and shrugged. “What are you wearing by the way?” she asked, raising her eyebrows.

 

“Probably jeans” you casually said, trying to reach further into the bag of chips.

 

“JEANS!?’ she protested.

 

You instinctively covered your ears as Cindy let out a horrifying scream.

 

“WAE?” you huffed. “God you scared me half to death” you said, throwing the nearly empty bag of chips towards her.

 

She avoided the bag and grabbed your arm and pulled you into her closet. “I’ll let you borrow one of my dresses” it was more of a statement than an offer.

 

You rolled your eyes “What’s wrong with jeans”.

 

“I’ll just pretend I didn’t hear that” she said, taking a dramatic pause.

 

She walked farther into her closet and pulled out a navy blue dress. The sleeves and shoulders were decorated with lace and it was tight in the waist area, the bottom length of the dress fell to your knees and flared ever so slightly. It was beautiful.

 

“This is perfect for you” she cheered.

 

She removed the dress from the hanger and forcibly handed it to you. She then pushed you into the bathroom. “Try it on!”

 

You stumbled into the bathroom and she shut the door behind you. You groaned and decided to just try the thing on.

 

You pulled up the zipper and turned around to face the mirror.

 

You gawked at your reflection.

 

Is this really me?

 

The dress really did look perfect on you, it hugged your curves in all the right ways and the color complimented your skin tone.

 

You smiled and did a little twirl, regretting it almost immediately as Cindy barged in.

 

“Wahhh, it’s like the dress was made for you” she sang.

 

You made a face at her then looked back into the mirror. You never really dressed up for occasions and you decided maybe it’s time you start.

 

“Cind, umm” you hesitated.

 

“Hmm? What is it?” she questioned, adjusting the zipper.

 

“Do you think it would be weird if I invited Jongin? To the party I mean” you said, nervously playing with your fingers.

 

“Jongin?” she pondered.

 

“It’s just, I’m sure he’s done exams too and he’s…” you trailed off.

 

She smiled knowingly.

 

“Yah! Don’t think weird things okay he’s just my neighbor” you justified.

 

“Okayyyy, whatever you say” she said laughing. “Sure invite him! The more the merrier” she cheered as she walked away.

 

You nodded, grabbing your phone. You typed in ‘Jongin’ and were just about to press call when you realized something.

 

What if he's busy? maybe he’s doing something with his girlfriend…

 

You bit your lower lip and placed your phone back on the counter.

 

Running your hands through your hair, you glanced back at your phone.

 

But… maybe he’s not? It doesn’t hurt to invite him right?

 

You picked up your phone again and took a deep breath. You pressed call and began playing with the hem of the dress.

 

It’s ringing. 

He picked up halfway through the first ring.

 

“Hello?” his voice sounded a lot deeper on the phone.

 

“Hello? Hi Jongin umm” you paused. “I was just wondering if you wanted to come to a party tomorrow. Since exams are over we thought it’d be fun to celebrate.” You babbled.

 

He paused for a few seconds.

 

“You don’t have to! I was just-“

 

“I’d love to come” he interrupted.

 

“Oh” You smiled into the phone. "Okay, so it’s at Chops at 9pm” you added.

 

“I’ll be there” he said, hanging up.

 

You placed the phone back down on the counter and looked back into the mirror.

 

Smiling to yourself, you changed out of the dress and folded it neatly.

 

“So is he coming?” Cindy poked her head into the bathroom.

 

“Yeah” you grinned, staring at the ground.

 

“Aigooo, look at that smile” she teased.

 

“What smile!” you shouted.

 

You couldn’t deny it though.

 

You were happy.

 

 


A/N: 

Who else hates exams? okay everyone does. Sorry if this chapter felt like a filler! next chapter will be better!

Once again I wanna give a shoutout to Pearlescent-Polar,VexenoirReblanca, and khadeinss for leaving lovely comments!

Also, thanks to everyone else who has been supporting this story.

  ( ˘ ³˘)♥