Hate at First Sight

Towards You

You woke up to the blazing sun shining in through the window. There was a moment of panic from your unfamiliar surroundings until you recalled last night’s events and sighed.  You rolled over and tried to pry open your puffy eyes to check the time.

 

8:00AM

 

A yawn escaped your lips as you got up and stretched your arms above your head. You definitely hadn’t gotten enough sleep and you could feel your eyes stinging. However, you weren’t one to sleep-in and overstay your welcome.

 

After you got cleaned up, you tippy toed into the living room to see Jongin fast asleep on the couch. You let out another long exhale.

 

He slept on the couch for me.

 

Watching him fast asleep on the couch reminded you of a similar situation that had occurred years ago. It was during the 6th year camping trip. You were in the girls’ dorm along with the rest of your female classmates and you couldn’t sleep no matter how hard you tried. Ever since you were a young girl, you had the tendency to stay wide awake when you were in an area you weren’t familiar with. 

 

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

 

After hours of trying to fall asleep, you decided to just take a walk around the camp. You walked by the boys’ dorm and stopped.

 

I wonder if Jongin’s awake.

 

You silently walked to the front door of the cabin and stepped inside. It looked just like the girls’ dorm, but slightly different. There were several different rooms, how were you to know which one he was in.

 

Alright, ill just close my eyes and pick one.

 

You opened the door for the room in the middle and stepped in. Surely enough, Jongin was fast asleep in the corner of the room. You walked over to him and kneeled by his bed. He was sleeping so peacefully, his soft black hair framing his face, you decided it was best not to wake him. Just when you were about to leave, you felt someone grab gently grab your wrist. You turned around and there he was, wide awake.

 

He was pretending to be asleep!?

 

“Yah, what is it?” he whispered.

 

“I can’t sleep” you replied, feeling slightly vulnerable.

 

He sighed and got up from his bed. He stripped the duvet from his bed and folded it up. He then walked out of the room, motioning you to follow him. You blindly followed him out of the room, confusion taking over your mind.

 

Once you were outside Jongin handed you his duvet.

 

“Take this. Maybe it will help you sleep” he said.

 

“Oh… thanks” you replied, smiling at the ground.

 

You weren’t sure how much it would help, but you were thankful regardless. Jongin walked you back to your dorm and waved goodbye.

 

“Don’t walk around alone anymore, especially when it’s dark” he said before leaving.

 

You nodded and smiled looking down at the duvet until the realization hit you.

 

“Wait, Jongin! What will you sleep in!?” you yelled, not caring if anybody heard you.

 

But by the time the words left your lips, he was already a distance away. When he heard your muffled voice, he turned around and gave you a small wave.

 

Once you got back to your bed you unfolded his duvet and covered yourself with it. It was warm, and smelled just like him, somehow that comforted you. It felt like home. Within minutes you fell fast asleep, and although your memory was foggy, you remember you dreamt of him that night.

 

[Present]

 

You felt terrible for making him sleep on the couch, so you decided to just write him a note and leave as soon as possible. Before leaving however, you thought it would be a nice gesture to make him breakfast, since he let you stay the night.

 

You walked over to his kitchen and searched for ingredients to make pancakes with. You had to be quiet or he’d wake up.

 

Thankfully, you were able to find the ingredients and make the pancakes without any major disasters. The aroma of chocolate chip pancakes filled the air and you proudly took it in.

 

Afterwards, you cleaned up and wrote the note and left it on the coffee table beside the couch he was asleep on. Just before you turned to leave, you looked across your shoulder and gave him one last glance. He looked so peaceful. You kneeled down next to him and gave him a small smile. You brought your hand up to his face to brush his locks out of his eyes, and his eyes shot open.

 

You shrieked and fell back, embarrassment falling over you almost immediately.

 

I should’ve known he was awake.

 

“You’re up early” he said, his voice raspy due to sleep.

 

“I… “

 

grrrrr

 

You gasped and put your hands over your stomach.

 

“Oh, I see the problem” he half-smiled. He slowly got up from the couch, his loose shirt exposing his collarbone in the process.

 

He walked over to the kitchen and stopped when he saw the steaming plate of pancakes before him.

 

“Oh, I thought you might be hungry so…” you trailed off.

 

“Looks like you’re the one who’s hungry” he smiled.

 

You gave him an awkward smile. “Well, I better get going-“

 

“You’re not going to help me eat these pancakes? You poisoned them didn’t you?” he asked with genuine concern.

 

“YAH!” you yelled.

 

“Then you have to stay for breakfast, I don’t think I can trust these pancakes” he joked.

 

You sighed as he walked around the kitchen and towards you. It’s not that you didn’t want to stay, you were starving. It’s just that every time you saw Jongin you felt that pain in your chest return. That pain that keeps intensifying every time he touches you, every time you look into his eyes it’s there.

 

He placed his hands on your back and gently pushed you into the kitchen, towards the dining table. He sat you down and got you a glass of milk.

 

He then took a bite out of a pancake and smiled up at you.

 

You couldn’t help but smile back. His boyish smile was once again piercing your heart.

 

Now there was one thing you were certain of.

 

You were in deep trouble.

 

 

[Sehun’s POV]

 

Sitting in my car like this is useless, think Sehun think.

 

Where could she be?

 

Let’s see, I’ve checked Chews, the university, and apartment. Maybe she stayed with a friend? Why isn’t she answering her phone!

 

Okay, just calm down.

 

I’m sure she’s fine; she has a tendency to over-worry people. She’s probably having warm breakfast in her pajamas somewhere.

 

Meanwhile, I’m here worried like hell trying to find her.

 

Sighing, I put my car into drive.

 

I have to find her, no matter what.

 

She better be safe.

 

 

I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my veins as I arrived at her apartment.

 

If I don’t find her here this time I don't know what i'll do.

 

Just before walking into the apartment, I grabbed her bag from the backseat.

 

I don’t know why I’m taking this, maybe I’m still holding on to the hope that she will be here this time.

 

Taking the keys out of the ignition, I headed towards the apartment.

 

On the way up to her floor, all I keep thinking about is how she left her bag in the middle of the sidewalk. Although she’s always been clumsy, she’s never done anything like this before. Thankfully I found her bag when I was searching for her at the bakery a few hours back.

 

This girl is seriously driving me crazy.

 

 

Once the elevator stopped at floor 4, I got off and headed towards her door.

 

I didn’t realize I was holding my breath until I finally knocked.

 

Knock Knock

 

No answer.

 

She’s not here.

 

A monstrous noise escaped my lips as I leaned my back against her door.

 

Where are you ____-ah.

 

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her faint voice.

 

Am I dreaming?

 

No, it really is her voice.

 

I quickly got to my feet, almost losing my balance.

 

As I glanced to the left I saw her.

 

When her eyes met mine she froze, her facial expression quickly changing to that of shock and confusion.

 

“Sehun?” she said, her voice music to my ears.

 

“Where have you been.” I replied, my voice filled with obvious concern.

 

She looked taken aback by my question as if she hadn’t been missing for 11 hours now. She looked so tired, her lips dry and her eyes puffy.

 

My eyes found their way to the figure standing beside her. I hadn’t even noticed him until now.

 

He looked familiar.

 

This must be her next door neighbor.

 

I clenched my fist.

 

[OC’s narrative]

 

You were shocked.

 

What was Sehun doing here? And why did he look so upset?

 

You did send him a text message last night explaining everything… didn’t you?

 

You quickly fished out your phone from your pocket and tried to turn it on.

 

It’s out of battery.

 

Does that mean he never received my message?

 

“Sehun-“

 

You were interrupted when he grabbed your shoulders.

 

“I’m so glad you’re okay” he said with concerned eyes.

 

You felt a sudden wave of guilt wash over you. He was so worried, because of your mistake. If only you had made sure the message sent before turning off your phone.

 

“Sehun, I’m sorry.” You said. “I didn’t realize-“

 

“I’m just glad you’re safe” he interrupted. “You look so tired”.

 

His eyes moved to Jongin, who was standing beside you.

 

Everything happened so fast all you heard was the scream that escaped your lips.

 

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER” he shouted.

 

Sehun was holding Jongin by the collar, pressing him into the wall.

 

Fear overcame you; Sehun was mad, really mad.

 

“SEHUN HAJIMA!” you screamed.

 

You ran over to them and forced your body in between them, pressing your palms against Sehun’s chest in an effort to push him off.

 

“Hajima!!” you repeated weakly, tears beginning to blur your vision.

 

Jongin was staring at Sehun coldly now.

 

He gently moved you out of the way and pushed Sehun off of him roughly. You gasped when Sehun looked back at Jongin, anger filling his eyes. He began to approach him again when you squeezed yourself in between them, your arms out on either side of you.

 

“Please!” you screamed. “It’s my fault! Not his!” you added.

 

You looked over at Sehun with teary eyes. His furious expression softened when he caught your gaze.

 

You took a few seconds to compose yourself before speaking.

 

Jongin stood beside you while you explained everything to Sehun.

 

 

After you finished explaining the circumstances of last night, you introduced the boys to each other. You could feel the negative energy between the two and you were thankful they hadn’t tried to kill each other while you were speaking.

 

“Kwangchul. That bastard” Sehun said, clenching his fist.

 

“Yeah…” you said, staring at your hands which were still shaking.

 

You caught a glance of your bag in Sehun’s hands and your eyes lit up.

 

“You found my bag!” you cheered.

 

“Yeah, don’t just leave it in the middle of the city next time. Pabo.” he ruffled your hair.

 

“Yah! It was self-defense” you wrinkled your nose at him.

 

He gave you a warm smile in return.

 

You let out a breath of relief, things finally felt like they were returning to normal. But now you had to go to the police station and report this. You were not going to let Kwangchul get away with this, not anymore. You decided you would first drop by the bakery and pay your mother a visit, she must be worried.

 

You turned around to face Jongin.

 

“Thank you, for letting me stay the night” you said politely.

 

His serious expression was quickly replaced with a goofy smile.

 

“Isn’t that was neighbors are for?” he said.

 

You smiled back and waved him goodbye. Just before you left you felt his hand wrap around your arm, stopping you in your path.

 

“You’ll be safe with him, right?” he asked.

 

Just as you were about to answer, Sehun grabbed your arm and moved you away from his grasp.

 

“She will be.” he said harshly.

 

They shared an icy stare that felt like it lasted for ages.

 

“Sehun, please stop” you said, frowning at him.

 

“Okay. Sorry.” He said half-heartedly to Jongin.

 

Although it didn’t sound genuine, you were relieved that they were playing nice for now.

 

Jongin nodded, acknowledging the apology.

 

You sighed.

 

It hadn’t been ten minutes and they were already picking fights.

 

There was only one way this could be resolved.

 

They have to become friends.

 

 


A/N: 

They're both so possessive! what will OC do?!

How did you like Sehun's POV? should I do more of them or not?