Camping with Kim Jongin - Part 2

Towards You

It’s 11pm and you’re currently sandwiched between your boyfriend Kim Jongin, and his overly cheerful friend Zhang Yixing who seemed like he was high about 90% of the time.

 

“Yah! move over will you?” Jongin yelled.

 

A sigh left your lips as you rubbed a hand over your temple.

 

The camp was holding its annual bonfire and Yixing practically dragged both of you here. Well actually, he dragged you here and a hot-headed Jongin had no choice but to follow and try his best not attack the boy for essentially ruining the moment you two were having.

 

 

 “How will you make it up to me?”

 

His minty breath delighted your skin as he momentarily pulled away to gaze into your eyes.

 

“Wh-What do you mean” you stammered, trying to veil yourself from his dangerous gaze.

 

The look in his eyes was something you had seen only once before; when he danced. You now understood why he was known as ‘Kai’ in the dance studio. When Jongin was immersed in his emotions, he would often act differently. From the way he walked, to the look in his eye, he was a different being. You had first noticed this about him when you had insisted on following him to one of his dance rehearsals back in middle school.

 

But, you hadn’t really noticed ‘Kai’ until recently. Part of the reason for this was because you were unconsciously holding on to the boy you used to know. And in the process you had forgotten that he was no longer a boy, but a man.

 

There was no denying it; there was something inexplicably y about Kai.

 

He brought his arm around your waist and pulled you closer until there was no space left in between your bodies. The smirk on his face was intensifying the butterflies in your tummy and you had to remind yourself to breath. He leaned in and gently swiped his tongue over your lower lip, inciting the butterflies to no end. It felt strange at first, but you couldn’t deny the fact that you kind of liked it. He then took it a step further and captured your lower lip with his teeth, gently nibbling on the soft flesh. The feeling was mesmerizing and part of the reason you were so affected by it was because you had never been this intimate with him before, or with anyone for that matter.

 

He soon pulled back to look at you and his eyes widened at what he saw.

 

 Your eyes were half-lidded, your hair a mess and your lips red and swollen. The way you were gazing at the blonde boy was tantalizing him and he thought he should stop before things get out of control. His dark gaze was soon replaced with a warm smile as he removed his arm around your waist and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. “Yepudda." He smiled. "Jinja yepudda."

 

His voice knocked you out of your spell and your cheeks were soon covered with an intense blush. Jongin chuckled as he noticed your mortified state, and you wished you could slap the grin off his face.

 

“Where have you-” Yixing came sprinting out of practically nowhere and placed his hands on his knees as he panted. “-Guys been!”

 

 

 

“Pass me the marshmallows.” Jongin stated in a not-so-friendly manner. Yixing smiled his goofy smile and naively handed the bag over to him, which the blonde boy irritably snatched from his grasp.

 

Jongin was annoyed. Not so much at the fact that he was forced to come to the lame bonfire, which consisted of mediocre horror tales and stale food, but due to the fact that Yixing continued to lean into you and rest his head on your shoulder. “I’m so tired” he pouted.

 

“Want me to wake you up?” Jongin spat, intentionally kicking some dirt his way. You nudged him and mouthed ‘stop’. The sleepy boy pretended like he hadn’t heard a thing and continued to nuzzle into you.

 

“Yixing, you haven’t slept much today have you?” you questioned.

 

 “No, but your shoulder is so soft. I could sleep here all day.” He cooed.

 

“That’s it.” Jongin snapped.

 

And without further delay, Yixing was on the ground crying mercy as Jongin bent his arm behind his back. The crowd was in a fit of laughter and a giggle escaped your own lips. “Ah! Ah! Don’t treat your hyung this way!” Yixing cried. “Is this because I made fun of your kitten covered boxers?” he said in between cries.

 

Why is he digging his own grave?

 

Poor Yixing.              

 

“Gather around everyone, it’s time for scary stories!” one of the perky counselors cheered.

 

You glanced over at Jongin who was now seated in between you and Yixing.

“Scary… stories?” you gulped.

There were two things in this world you had no tolerance to. One was alcohol, and the other? Horror. Although you were smart enough to recognize that if science couldn’t prove it, it didn’t exist, you still had your doubts. After all, some things in life simply couldn’t be explained.

 

Jongin sensed your discomfort and rested his palm on your head “Don’t worry, you won’t find them scary. Unless, you’re Yixing of course” he mocked.

 

Yixing heard his name and poked his head out from behind Jongin, still rubbing a hand over his now bruised arm. “This world is too cruel.” He whimpered.

 

Subsequently a tall man situated himself upon a particularly large log that seemed to be designed especially for him. He seemed to be a local at the camp and you assumed he was one of the managers. But, there was something peculiar about his stare and it gave you the creeps. “The story I will be telling you today happened here, at this very camp.” He started.

 

The group of students all harmonically released howl’s and wail’s signifying their excitement; meanwhile, you were shaking in your boots.

 

“There lies a dark, evil secret in these trees.” The man threw a log into the fire, and then brought his hands back into his lap. “I witnessed them myself; they are called the face-less men.” His dark eyes met with yours.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

“We will be heading back bright and early tomorrow morning! So make sure you all get some sleep!” the counselor concluded.

 

The girls and guys started for their separate dorms and all the while, you were clutching onto Jongin’s hand like no tomorrow. His hand was beginning to turn white and he glanced over at you with a raised brow, for a small girl you sure were strong.

 

“Relax, it’s just a story you Pabo.” He smiled and pulled your hood up to cover your slightly rosy ears.

 

“R-Right, just a story.” You breathed.

 

Once you two arrived at the student dorms, Jongin released your hand and waited until you were inside. Once he saw that you were, he turned around and walked towards the male dorms.

 

With trembling hands, you walked up the stairs to your assigned room. Once you the lights, you scoffed and realized how silly you were being.

 

Soon after you settled in, three other students set up their things in the room and you couldn’t believe that a few minutes ago you were actually quivering in fear. How ridiculous, face-less men? Really? That old man must be running out of stories to tell.

 

Everyone bid goodnight to each other and you wrapped yourself up in your sleeping bag. Now just close your eyes and sleep.

 

After much tossing and turning, you realized you still hadn’t gotten over your habit. You couldn’t sleep in anyone’s bed except your own; which was why camp was always a struggle.  After having slept at Jongin’s house that night, you thought you had finally overcome your childhood tendency. But you now understood that maybe that was just a mere coincidence. You decided to send Jongin a text, maybe he was having trouble sleeping too?

 

....................................................................................................................................

[You] – 2:01 AM Saturday May 23rd, 2015 sent to [My blonde neighbor]

Are you awake?

....................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

 

....................................................................................................................................

[My blonde neighbor] – Saturday May 23rd, 2015

....................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

 

Maybe he’s asleep. A disenchanted sigh left your lips as you rolled over and disappeared further into your warm sleeping bag. Suddenly, a small buzzing interrupted your thoughts.

 

 

 

 

....................................................................................................................................

[My blonde neighbor] – 2:06 AM Saturday May 23rd, 2015

Barely…

....................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

Oh, I woke him up.

 

Just because you had trouble sleeping didn’t mean everyone else around you did. You were now feeling guilty and decided to just let him sleep. Besides, he was probably exhausted from all that Yixing strangling. Just as you were about to text him ‘goodnight’, your phone buzzed again.

 

 

 

....................................................................................................................................

[My blonde neighbor] – 2:08 AM Saturday May 23rd, 2015

 

Meet me outside?

....................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

A smile crossed your lips.

 

 

 

 

 

As you quietly shut the door behind you, the darkness hit you almost immediately. You waited for your eyes to adjust to the darkness before walking towards the lamp post you were supposed to meet Jongin at. The trees swayed in the wind and the loose scarf you were wearing around your neck unraveled. Suddenly, you were reminded of that freaking story that had slipped your mind. Of course you had to be reminded of it when you were outside, amongst the trees, in the dark. 

 

Jongin please hurry.

 

You began to tap your foot against the ground as fear was making its way through your body.

 

It’s just a story after all. No need to be scared.

 

Leaves were rustling against tree bark and it almost sounded like whispering, but you knew better. It was when you heard footsteps that you began to hold your breath. The strangest thing about it was that you couldn’t tell what direction they were coming from, it was like they were coming from the sky.

 

Or, from the trees.

 

“Jongin?” you called out.

 

No answer.

 

“J-Jongin?” you began to panic, terror muffling your voice.

 

It didn’t seem like he was here, and you were far too scared to stand out here for any longer. As you headed back towards the direction you came from, you felt something move beside you. At this point, your limbs were frozen, unable to budge even if they wanted to. Something was here, and it was watching you.

 

Suddenly, the figure was in front of you, approaching you slowly. You couldn’t speak, you couldn’t move, you were unable to defend yourself. As the stranger grew closer you fell to your knees and covered your face.

 

“Got you!” Jongin laughed, turning on the flashlight he was carrying. “Yah you should’ve seen you’re face you were-”

 

His eyes widened and he hesitantly knelt down to place his hand over your head.”Hey... you-”

 

When you heard his voice you managed to look up through tear-stricken eyes. “J-Jongin.” A sob left your lips as you fell into his arms.

 

“Ya-Yah, You…” he instinctively wrapped his arms around you as you cried hard into his chest. “Hey… it was just a joke baby, I didn’t mean to scare you.” he tightened his hold on your body as his concerned voice filled your ears.  

 

Another sob left your lips and he adjusted his body so that he could hold you closer.”Shh… You’re safe now.” he whispered, the worry in his voice apparent .You were so relieved that it was Jongin and not someone, or something else. It felt so safe being in his arms, like nothing could harm you.

 

After you had calmed down, Jongin pulled away and rubbed a thumb over your wet cheeks. “I’m sorry I frightened you.” he apologized, reaching in to peck your forehead.

 

“It’s- It’s okay.” You wheezed.

 

Although it was positively not okay, and Jongin would so pay for this later.

 

He gently brought you up to your feet. “Want to see something beautiful?” he asked. “Other than you, of course.” He smiled.

 

A smile formed on your own lips as you reached out to punch his arm. “As if something like that exists.” You joked, feeling the energy return to your body.

 

He hissed. “You’re right about that. Okay, it’s not as pretty as you. But it’s not bad.” He smiled, intertwining your fingers with his and leading you into the night.

 

“Wahhh”

 

“I knew you’d like it” he smiled as he lay down a blanket on the grass.

 

Jongin had brought you to a hill that overlooked the entire camp and although it was dark, the moonlight managed to illuminate most of the perimeter of the camp. It was stunning.

 

As you stood there in awe, Jongin chuckled and moved you over to the blanket. He sat you down and noticed that you hadn’t brought a jacket. He flicked your forehead with which you responded with a pout. “Why don’t ever dress for the weather?”

 

You shrugged while giving him a clueless look. He let out a sigh and then removed his coat and placed it around your shoulders. As it draped over your body, you caught his familiar scent and everything felt right again.

 

You glanced at the sky and your mouth almost dropped.

 

The sky was decorated with gleaming stars and it looked absolutely marvelous. Since cities were known for their light pollution, the stars were always hidden behind the luminescence of artificial light. But here in the wilderness, the stars had no choice but to come out and sparkle like they should. You lied back on the blanket and appreciated the sky some more. Jongin did the same, although still keeping his distance. You weren't sure if it was because of the heated encounter you had earlier, or if he still felt guilty for scaring you. Either way, it felt bizarre being so far away from him so you decided to inch closer. When you rested your head on his arm, he noticed but still didn’t return the action. After a few seconds though, he hesitantly wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you closer. You smiled and draped the long coat over both of your bodies.

 

“Thank you” you said.

 

He turned to you and smiled. “For what?”

 

“For everything.” You managed to say before burying your head in his arm. Partially because you were embarrassed, but mostly because you didn’t want him to see you crying again.

 

You were happy. So happy.

 

And you longed for this moment to last forever.

 

But before you knew it, the darkness had faded into light and the robins began their morning song. You two had talked all night and yet, it had felt like mere minutes in your mind.

 

As the intense rays of light fought their way through the clouds, you glanced over at Jongin who had fallen asleep not too long ago. You reached out a hand to brush away his soft blonde locks, his beautiful bronze skin shone brighter than the sunrise and you couldn’t believe this perfect man was now yours. All yours.

 

This morning would be one you would remember for a long time.

 

✥✥✥✥

 

“Is everything loaded?” Yixing called out from the driver’s seat.

 

“Almost! Umm- wake up Jongin!” you nudged the snoring boy who had literally fallen asleep while you two were loading the car with luggage.

 

“Let me sleep so more.” He whined, while pulling you into a hug.

 

“Yah! Let go!” you blushed as he buried his face into your neck.

 

“Need some help?” Yixing asked.

 

“No! I mean, we’re almost done!” you assured him, while elbowing your boyfriend in the gut.

 

“Uhhf” he breathed as the look of discontent covered his face. This was his fault after all, nobody had asked him to take you on a romantic date in the early hours of the morning. Although, you couldn’t deny the fact that you had fallen more in love with him after last night.

 

“Okay, its all clear back here hyung.” He groaned, finally relieved that he could sleep now. He shut the trunk and followed you into the car.

 

As soon as the car began to move, Yixing put on some weird Chinese music. Jongin frowned and threw his head back in annoyance. “Yah! What is this crap?” He spat. Jongin really was cranky when he didn’t get his sleep.

 

“Excuse me? Did you say crap? This stuff is gold, it’s my tranquility music.” Yixing retorted, obviously offended by his snarky comment. He turned it up to annoy him further and you rolled your eyes. When will these boys grow up?

 

Soon, you felt your own lids growing heavy and your head began to dip.

 

“Looks like I’m not the only one who’s tired?” Jongin smirked.

 

This idiot.

 

You quickly opened your eyes and straightened yourself. “I’m not tired.”

 

Everything was a competition with you two, you weren’t sure why but you had grown to love it.

 

 He chuckled and reached his arm out to pull you into him “Sleep, baby.” 

 

✥✥✥✥

 

“Thanks for the ride hyung.” Jongin said. “Oh, and sorry about the arm.” He chuckled.

 

“That’s okay. You’ll pay for that later during rehearsal; I am your Sunbae after all.” Yixing smiled. He got into his car and drove away. Jongin realized what he had just done and glanced up. “Wait hyung, I didn’t mean it!”He began, but Yixing was long gone.

 

You suppressed a giggle at the face Jongin was now making. But it was soon interrupted by a growl.

 

“You ate so much, you’re still hungry?” you asked him.

 

He turned to you with a confused look. “I think that’s you.”

 

“Me…?”

 

 

You walked hand in hand with him to Chews, since it was a Sunday afternoon you figured it wouldn’t be too busy and the food would obviously be free, and as a college student, the latter was quite crucial when deciding where to eat. Also since you were going with Jongin, today was the perfect day because your aunt often volunteered on Sundays which meant the girl she hired would be working. Therefore, you wouldn’t have to answer any embarrassing questions such as why there was a handsome blonde boy attached to you.

 

Jongin slipped his arm around your waist and began to tickle your side. “Jongin stop!” you said in-between giggles. Although PDA didn’t usually bother you, you didn’t want people giving you strange looks at your place of work. As you walked into the bakery, the girl at the counter recognized you and smiled. You returned the smile and greeted her.

 

“One chocolate chip muffin and two blueberry bagels please.”

 

She nodded and began to prepare the order; meanwhile Jongin’s tickling was out of control. “Seriously I mean it Jongin!” you laughed as your sides began to hurt. A few of the customers glanced your way and the girl behind the counter was awkwardly staring at the two of you. Embarrassment washed over you as you tried to shrug him off. He noticed the rosy glow of your cheeks and began to tickle you harder. “Stop! Please Jongin.” You were out of breath at this point.

 

Suddenly, you were pulled away from him and all you heard was the loud clatter of cutlery and the sound of chairs sliding against the floor.  A shriek was followed soon after and you realized it was from the girl behind the counter.

 

“She said stop.” Sehun stated.

 

It took you a minute to realize Sehun had just shoved Jongin into the table next to you; the floor was covered with cutlery and glass.

 

Your heart was thumping hard against your chest when you were knocked out of your daze. “Sehun!” you screamed.

 

He turned to you with a bewildered look as he followed your stare. His eyes landed on the blonde boy who he had just mistaken for a stranger. His eyes widened as they took in the familiar features of the boy he had just attacked.

 

“Jongin?” he said.

 

 

 


A/N:

Oops, looks like Sehun made a mistake. Lets hope Jongin keeps a cool mind about all this.

How did you like their first date? i've always wanted to watch the sunrise with a cute boy, maybe someday!

As always leave your comments :)