Staying The Night

Towards You

Jongin carried you the rest of the way home and neither of you said a word. When you arrived at your apartment building he strolled through the automatic doors with you still in his arms. The lady at the front desk did a double-take then giggled to herself once she saw you two come in. When you made eye-contact, you gave her a small awkward smile and tried to wiggle out of Jongin’s arms. He responded by tightening his hold on you and holding you closer to his body.  He didn’t seem like he wanted to let go of you just yet.

 

“Jongin, I…” you started to say when you were interrupted.

 

“Be patient, we’re almost there” he said, his voice was calm but you knew he was still furious.

 

Once you got to your apartment, Jongin let you down but made sure his arm was still wrapped around you in case you lost your balance. You limped over to your door and stood in front of it for a few seconds before you realized what was missing.

 

“My keys!” you said, turning around to face him. “I… lost my keys when I was running away” you added.

 

You stood their speechless. It was just now occurring to you that you had used your bag as a weapon earlier, and that it was now lying somewhere in the middle of the city. Your wallet was in the bag, as well as your keys and personal belongings.

 

Crap, I don’t even have money for a hotel room.

 

You leaned against your door and put your hands over your face. The frustration was getting to you; you had the sudden urge to cry but knew that wouldn’t accomplish much.

 

Jongin gave you a minute before walking over to you and placing his warm hands on yours. You jumped a little from the contact and felt your hands being moved away from your face.  You gasped and turned your head to the side, you didn’t want him to see you like this, so helpless and pathetic.  

 

You felt his eyes on your face, and embarrassment washed over you.

 

He abruptly grabbed your hand and walked to his front door, opening it with one quick turn of the handle. He pulled you inside, past his living room and kitchen, and finally to his bedroom. He sat you down on his bed and kneeled down in front of you.

 

“You’re staying here tonight” he stated.

 

Your eyes widened and your heart began thumping hard in your chest, it was almost painful.

 

“I can’t!” you quickly said while getting up.

 

“Why can’t you?” he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

 

“I…” your eyes flickered around the room.

 

You really didn’t have a reason, but you had to make one up, and quick. You were supposed to be avoiding Jongin, not getting closer to him.

 

He gave you a confused look and then stood up from his kneeling position.

 

“If you’re worried about sleeping on the same bed, don’t worry I’ll be sleeping on the couch” he said, slightly embarrassed.

 

“N…No!  It’s not that!’ you almost shrieked, you knew how flustered you were and you just wished you could behave like a normal human in front of him for once.

 

“I umm… snore! Yeah! I snore so I’ll keep you up all night. It’s terrible actually, I think I should go get it clinically diagnosed” you laughed nervously.

 

He took a second to look at you up and down before bursting into laughter.

 

“HAHAHA” he continued

 

When he laughed, it was like he was laughing with his entire being; it was one of the things you loved about him. Another thing about his laugh was that it was seriously contagious, and soon you found yourself giggling too.

 

You stopped when you remembered that you were supposed to be convincing him, and so far you were doing a terrible job. You cleared your throat, and straightened yourself and tried again.

 

“I’m serious, it’s a problem” you added.

 

“Right right, wait here” he said, still laughing.

 

Well that back-fired, you idiot.

 

 

Jongin came back a few minutes later with some clothes in his hands.

 

“Here, put these on and take a shower. I’ll make you some food” he said.

 

 He turned around and shut the door behind him, giving you some privacy.

 

You sighed and fell backwards into his large bed. Your eyes fell to the ceiling and began to inspect the room.

 

“I’m in Jongin’s room…”

 

Your eyes widened once you realized what just came of your mouth.

 

IM IN JONGIN’S ROOM!?

 

✥✥✥✥

 

When you got out of the shower you wrapped yourself in a towel and glanced at your reflection. You looked terrible, like seriously terrible. Your eyes were puffy due to the crying and there were small red marks all over your neck. You felt queasy remembering how you got them.  

 

How could I have let this happen.

 

How could I have let my guard down that easily.

 

You thought you had heard the last of Kwangchul when you told him off months ago, but you were wrong.

 

It all began last summer, when you decided to take up more shifts at Chews so that your aunt could feel less burdened. At first he was just a normal customer, he would visit every once and a while and order what he wanted, and then leave.

 

But after a while, he started showing up almost every day. This was great for business, and you thought you had just gained another regular.

 

But something always felt a little off about him.

 

 He would often order a blueberry bagel and then just sit there, all day, watching you. You never figured out how he knew when your shifts were, and that just made it all the more eerie. Informing your aunt was the next step you took, and although that got him banned from the bakery, it didn’t last long.  He would still show up and linger around the bakery.

 

One day you got so fed up with his behavior that you decided to confront him. It had gone on long enough, and it was affecting your work environment so you weren’t going to stand for it anymore.

 

 

“Excuse me, Mr…” you said in a polite tone, hoping that killing him with kindness would work.

 

“Park Kwangchul” he smiled ominously.

 

You took a step back.

 

Everything about him made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. It took everything in you to not run as far away from this creep as possible. You took a deep breath and moved closer to him.

 

“Listen, I’m going to say this once” you said harshly. “If you don’t stop hanging around here I will call the police and get a restraining order!” you yelled, hoping he wouldn’t notice how your voice was shaking.

 

He chuckled, clearly trying to undermine your statement.

 

“You won’t do anything” he smiled wickedly, turning his head to the side. He closed the distance between you two and roughly grabbed your arm.

 

You don’t know when or how it happened, but his lips were inches away from yours.

 

He was about to kiss you, and you couldn’t be any more terrified.

 

You screamed and pushed away his face with your hands, scratching his face in the process.

 

You immediately raised your hand and gave him a hard slap on his right cheek. It was so hard that your hand felt the aftermath.

 

Your aunt witnessed the entire thing and called the police. You ended up getting a restraining order, and you were so relieved about the fact that you’d never have to see his erted face again.

 

 But you were wrong.

 

 

You looked through the clothes Jongin had brought for you and lazily slipped them on. They were way too big for you of course, but they were so comfortable. When you slipped on his shirt your senses were enveloped with the familiar scent of wood and citrus, and suddenly everything seemed okay.

 

When you opened the door and began walking towards the living room you overheard Jongin speaking with somebody over the phone. You stopped in your tracks and stood behind the wall that separated you two.

 

“I miss your smile” he whispered

 

You couldn’t hear very well so you decided to lean your head up against the wall.

 

Wait, this is wrong. I shouldn’t be eavesdropping.

 

You were just about to move away when;

 

“I love you” he said into the phone.

 

Your eyes widened and you automatically took a step back.  

 

You thought you might have heard wrong for a second, but when you listened in again; you knew you heard exactly right. You couldn’t see him, but you could tell he was smiling into the phone just by the sound of his voice.

 

He’s…

 

In… love?

 

You felt a sinking feeling in your chest.

 

You didn’t know why it was there, but it was, and it hurt.

 

But, why were you feeling this way?

 

 It’s not like Jongin was yours, he was never yours.  

 

Why did you care about the fact that he might be seeing someone?

 

Your feelings for him should have ended the day he left, so what was this bizarre sensation in your heart.

 

Even after you heard Jongin hang up the phone, you couldn’t move.

 

You just stood there, behind the wall, hurt and confused.

 

“____-ah?” he said, walking towards the bedroom he left you in.

 

You were knocked out of your stupor and gasped. You had to quickly move or it would look like you were eavesdropping. Granted, you were doing just that, but you’d never want him knowing. You quickly shuffled into his room and shut the door quietly behind you. You ran to the bed and grabbed the magazine that was lying on the bedside table.

 

Puppies Illustrated? You tried to hold back a laugh. Although he had the tendency to act all heroic in front of you, he was still the same dorky Jongin you were once best friends with. You giggled until you heard the door open. You flipped open the magazine and pretended to read it.

 

“Hey, I brought you some…”

 

 He rushed over to you and grabbed the magazine from your hands.

 

You shot him a surprised look and raised an eyebrow.

 

“I was reading that” you said, pointing to the magazine.

 

He glanced at the magazine then back at you, and that did it. You burst into laughter.

 

“Yah!  It’s not what it looks like” he tried to explain.

 

“It’s okay, you don’t need to explain” you said, still laughing. “This tarnishes your ‘manly image’ you know” you joked.

 

He placed the bowl of soup on a table nearby and walked back towards you. You were still laughing when he grabbed the headboard behind you, trapping you in-between his arms. He hunched over you and brought his face close to yours.

 

Your laughing abruptly stopped and you gulped.

 

“You say I’m not manly, huh?” he whispered, moving his body closer to yours. You felt a strange feeling pooling up in your stomach, it almost felt like butterflies.

 

Jongin’s face was now hovering dangerously close to yours. You looked into his eyes and found it hard to swallow your uneasiness.

 

His lips were inches from yours and you closed your eyes. You could feel his warm breath closing in on your lips, and you tried to prepare yourself for what was about to come.

 

There was a few seconds of anticipation, that felt like hours in your mind.

 

Then, all you heard was a chuckle.

 

Jongin removed his hands from the headboard and moved away from you. Your eyes shot open to see a laughing Jongin before you.

 

“Looks like the fact that I love puppies doesn’t make me any less manly in your eyes?” he said smiling.

 

You could feel your cheeks become warmer by the second.

 

“Wha-" you managed to say before Jongin interrupted.

 

“Make sure you eat that soup, I’ll be checking the bowl in the morning” he said, pointing to the soup. He shut the door, then after a few seconds he opened it again.

 

“Oh.  I almost forgot. Goodnight, and sleep well” he smiled adorably, shutting the door.

 

“Did he jus- AISHHH” you grabbed your hair in frustration while chucking a pillow towards the door.

 

You decided to just quickly eat the soup and go to bed. You were so hungry, and the warmth of the soup soothed your insides.

 

You put the bowl on the bedside table and slipped into the covers. It felt so good to finally lie down, and although it wasn’t your bed, it still somehow felt like home.

 

That idiot, making my heart race like that. You quietly mumbled before you felt yourself falling into a world of dreams. 

 

 


A/N: 

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I was on a vacation and it was so niceeee! Went swimming with some fishes and slept under the stars, it was so romantic. Anyway, hoped you liked this chapter, I'm thinking next chapter will be mostly Sehun!