Misconception

Towards You

Sehun was woken by the sound of your phone vibrating on the coffee table. With a pounding head and half-lidded eyes, he reached over and tapped on ‘answer’.

 

 

“Sehun? Why are you answering her phone? Where is she? Is she hurt!?” the voice questioned in a panicked state.

 

 

Sehun groaned, not comprehending who ‘she’ was supposed to be. However, once he heard your name he somewhat understood.

 

 

It must be one of her friends wondering about her whereabouts. He glanced over at you in his lethargic state and without thinking, blurted out the first thing that came to his mind.

 

 

“She’s sleeping at my apartment.” He said before ending the call and falling back into his dream-less slumber.

 

 

 

Precisely twenty-five minutes later, both of you were woken up to a deafening banging at the door. As soon as your eyes opened, they were introduced to the foreign surroundings.

 

 

. I fell asleep!?

 

 

Last night you had planned to leave as soon as Sehun calmed down. But as you glanced over at him, you realized that somewhere in the midst of consoling him and watching him sleep, something had gone terribly wrong.

 

 

The noisy thumping continued and you regained your senses, running over to Sehun and shaking him harshly. He was awake but still drowsy. Eventually the person at the door stopped knocking, he instead turned the handle and found it to be open. Without question he headed inside, leaving the door wide open behind him.

 

 

The first thing Jongin laid his eyes on was your arms around Sehun. At this point, both you and Sehun were fully awake, only now realizing that you weren’t alone when you heard the front door slam against the door stopper.

 

 

“J-Jongin…?” you questioned, surprised by your boyfriends appearance.

 

 

His jaw was clenched and he didn’t even spare you a glance. What had him so angry? You glanced down at yourself to notice that the sleeve of your dress was hanging off your shoulder and your hair was a mess.

 

 

Oh god. This didn’t look good. It didn’t look good at all.

 

 

“You bastard.” He spat, before dashing over to Sehun and roughly grabbing him by the collar. The fiasco caused a vase, which was placed by the living room, to shatter into a dozen pieces. The sound pierced through your ears as you tried to comprehend the situation. Jongin was thinking terrible things… he thought you and Sehun… no. Nothing like that happened, it was a misunderstanding. It was all a stupid misunderstanding.

 

 

“Jongin!” you cried, running over to grab his arm. He turned his head towards you, a furious fire fuming in his eyes. “If you don’t want to get hurt. Move.” He said, pushing your body away towards the sofa. He had never treated you that way before, no matter how serious the argument had gotten in the past. He was never aggressive or vicious; he had never once laid a hand on you. But right now, it seemed like he just might.

 

 

“What did you do to her. Why is she here!?” Jongin yelled, speaking through gritted teeth.

 

 

Sehun in return grasped Jongin’s collar, ready to rely on his fists rather than his words. You bit down on your tongue as the horror consumed you whole. You couldn’t let this happen again, not again. “Jongin, I can explain! Please!” you ran over to them and squeezed yourself between the large bodies of the two boys. He widened his eyes at your actions and released his hands from Sehun’s collar.

 

 

“You-You’re defending this ? After he-”

 

 

“He didn’t do anything! … I chose to come here. It was my decision!” You insisted, regretting the words as soon as you let them slip.

 

 

“Your… decision?” he hesitated, the pain in his eyes breaking you apart.

 

 

No, I didn’t mean to say it that way.

 

 

Jongin wait… I meant-“

 

 

But before you could explain to him the circumstances which led you to sleeping over at Sehun’s, Jongin was long gone. All that lingered in your mind was the way he looked before he left; his eyes bloodshot and watery, like he had been up all night.

 

 

“I’m sorry, this is all my fault.” Sehun said. He extended a hand with the intention of placing it apologetically on your head, but soon decided against it as his constant desire to be around you was the reason you were in this misunderstanding in the first place.

 

 

“It’s not your fault.”

 

 

Its mine.

 

 

Without further conversation, you grabbed your shoes and coat and ran out the door. You sprinted down the stairs and towards the lobby exit. Not stopping even if your body was telling you that you should.  The dark clouds joined together as grumbling thunder could be heard in the distance. There was a storm coming.

 

 

Jongin was walking on the sidewalk, his hands in his coat and his head under the wool collar. His heart felt heavy, like someone had just dropped an anchor on it. The look in your eye that he caught sight of before storming out was bothering him. He loved you, oh man did he ever. But right now his anger was clouding everything.He felt betrayed, stomped on, embarrassed even. He hadn’t slept a blink because he was so worried about you. After leaving several voicemails and messages you hadn’t answered him.  He checked your apartment, the bakery, and even stopped by the university with the hope that he may run into one of your friends. But he didn’t, and you were nowhere to be found.  For the last 18 hours he had been living off a single text message.

 

 

“I won’t be able to make it tonight. I’m sorry. You will do great. I love you.”

 

 

Although he was disappointed about you not being able to make it, he figured it must’ve been something serious or you wouldn’t have flaked on him like that. So he decided he would go on stage and be the best he could be, and later you would surely clarify the circumstances of your absence. Everything would be okay. But after the stage lights turned off and the crowd dispersed, you never called. He waited and waited, perhaps you were busy? Yeah of course you would be, something had come up. But after several hours he grew afraid, what if something had happened to you? Was it that bastard Kwangchul again? Why couldn’t you just pick up your damn phone!  

 

 

And once you finally did, it wasn’t your voice who answered. It was the voice of a man, a man he had never been fond of. But what really broke him were the words that he had uttered; ‘She’s sleeping at my apartment’. Still, he didn’t want to misunderstand, perhaps you had no choice but to stay over at his house for the night? You were close friends after all. Though the minute he saw you and him wrapped around each other on his sofa, his heart dropped. Was this the reason you blew him off last night, to do this… with a man that wasn’t him?

 

 

No no, you couldn’t have.

 

 

You wouldn’t deceive him like that.

 

 

Never.

 

 

Right?

 

 

All logicality was thrown out the window once he saw your state; bare legs, exposed shoulders, messy hair.

 

 

Was this your way of telling him you wanted to end things?

 

 

“Jongin!” you called, placing your hand on a wall to catch your breath.

 

 

The boy didn’t acknowledge your cry, instead he sped up his pace. He wanted to get as far away from you as possible.

 

 

“J-Jongin! I’m talking to you!” you ran, trying to catch up to him.  You managed to grab a hold of his arm and pulled him to a halt. “Please… let me explain. You huffed.

 

 

He turned to face you, your hand still stationary on his arm. “Then explain.” He yelled, startling you. You widened your eyes at his expression, he had never looked so hurt before in his life. “I-“ you tried to speak, but the way his eyes were digging into yours, you couldn’t articulate the words you were searching for.

 

 

He sighed and took a step. “Did you sleep with him?” he asked, his lack of rest speaking for him. God he just looked so utterly broken, and you were the cause of that. But even so, how could he possibly accuse you of doing something like that.  Granted, the way in which he saw you may have made it seem like that, but you would never, EVER, betray Jongin like that. Did he have that little faith in you?

 

 

Jongin’s heart rate increased at the lack of response. He roughly grabbed your wrist and squeezed, hard. To the point where it was stinging, but you were numb at this point so it didn’t even matter.

 

 

“Did you or did you not have with Sehun.” He reiterated.

 

 

“No. I didn’t.” you said blankly, your hand falling to its side.

 

 

The expression in his eyes softened, but it still didn’t seem like he was convinced.

 

 

“Let’s… take a break.”

 

 

Then without uttering another word, Jongin walked away.  Taking your heart and soul with him.

 

 

You swallowed, yet the bitter taste of blood remained. The rain began to pour, soft droplets attacking your face without ado. Summer storms were relentless; they always came down hard and quick without a fair warning. Similarly falling in love was much like that. Nobody knew when it arrived, but when it did, it made sure to leave behind a path of destruction.

 

 

Why did I fall in love with you Jongin.

 

 

Why, did I destroy myself like this.

 

 

I’m so stupid.

 

 

Glancing up at the gloomy sky you broke into laughter, there was no sanity left in you.  You wiped the blood from your lower lip on the back of your hand. Assuming you must’ve bit it hard enough to break skin. Yet, the pain meant nothing to you. As you walked back to Sehun’s, several passerby’s asked if you were okay or needed assistance.

 

 

“No.” was all that you could say. Nobody in the world could help you. Not even the boy you loved so dearly. He had put his trust in you and you misused it. This was your doing, your mistake.

 

 

And now, you had to endure the consequences.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Hello! fancy seeing you here. I know you think I’m ruining your life but trust me, sometimes lives needed to be ruined. I’m not getting some kind of sick pleasure from disappointing you, I swear!

ANYWAY, this is most likely the second or third last chapter. But I’m currently working on another story which may interest you! That’s a nicer way of saying plss read it here >.<