Gyuji; Butterfly

PinkFinite

 

19th August 2015.

Do you remember, Ji?

It's our anniversary. 

Do you remember how we met 4 years ago?

You were so beautiful back then, I fell in love with you at the first sight. 

You are still beautiful now, Ji. You are always beautiful to me.

 

**********

 

Sunggyu, as the head of student council in a very prestigious university, is always busy. He barely has time to keep up with himself since he has to juggle between assignments and student council activities, but he always tries his best to give his best shot in everything he does. Luckily, he has 6 brothers by his side 247. Sometimes, during the weekends, Sunggyu's room will be invaded by these 6 brothers, Nam Woohyun, Jang Dongwoo, Lee Howon, Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungjong. 

Sunggyu lives alone at an apartment, not that far from their university. His parents are at Jeonju, working for a living. Sunggyu's noona is currently working at a very famous cafe&boutique in Busan. They live separately but that doesn't affect their family ties between one another. Sunggyu is still being a filial son, keep in touch with his family and responsible one despite being the youngest in the family. His sense of responsibility is off the charts, no wonder he is now the head of student council. 

 

4 AM in the morning, Sunggyu is disturbed by the noises in front of his door. 

 

"Gyu-hyung, open the door. Come on, Hyung, let's go outside and play. It's been awhile."

 

"No, I don't want, Woohyun-ah. Go away! It's freaking 4 in the morning!"

 

"Shhh guys, keep it down or you will irritated Gyu-hyung."

 

"Myungsoo-ah, stop bothering Sungyeol."

 

"Dongwoo-hyung, Hoya-ah, you two better stop goofing around, like right now."

 

"Sungjong-ah, can you take care of them first? I wanna wake Gyu-hyung up."

 

"Sure, hyung..."

 

Sunggyu can hear their conversation on the other side of the door. He is thankful that Woohyun is being considerate. Woohyun knows most about him among them, sometimes better than he knows himself. He smiles to himself, thinking about these adorable dorks. After a few knocks on the door, Sunggyu finally gets up from his bed and goes to the door. Before he opens it, he stops in front of the door. 

 

"Woohyun-ah, what are you guys planning to do? I have so many works to do."

 

"Aish Hyung, don't be like this. I know you're pretty worn out, so we're going to cheer you up. Making you feel alive again."

 

"I am alive, Woohyun, or else I won't be talking to you through this door."

 

"You know that's not I meant, Hyung. Stop playing with me like this, just come out and play with us for real."

 

"...I'm not going anywhere until you get out from your apartment, Hyung."

 

"...and you know I'm being 100% serious."

 

"Okay okay, I get it, aish! Wait there and don't touch any of my stuff or I'm not going with you guys."

 

"Yeay Hyung. Be quick or we will not make it."

 

Sunggyu quickly brushes his teeth and washes his face thoroughly before putting on his favorite black leather jacket and dark blue, ripped jeans. He looks into a full body-lengthed mirror to fix his fringe before going out of his room. The moment he stands in front of the door, he can see Woohyun is smiling to him. He smiles back and quickly turns to the other, to see if everyone is behaving well. Glad they did. Before he starts to walk, he is being attack by Woohyun, followed by the other five into a group hug. 

 

"We miss you so much, Hyung." Sungjong tries to keep his tears from falling.

 

"Hyung, you've been so busy, you barely have time for us." Hoya joins in.

 

"Come on guys, I barely have time for myself... Don't make me feel guilty here."

 

"It feels nice to be seven again. I miss us so much." Everyone hugs tighter after hearing Dongwoo.

 

They spend a few seconds being close to each other in a group hug before setting off to Dongwoo's van. Sunggyu, being the eldest sits at the passenger sit next to the driver. 

 

"Hey, who's gonna drive?" Sunggyu asks.

 

"Isn't it Woohyun's turn?" Myungsoo finally speaks up.

 

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot." Woohyun responds.

 

Woohyun goes to the driver seat and waits for the others to settle down inside the van before setting off to wherever they fell like going that day. Sunggyu grabs a blanket in between his seat and Woohyun's and quickly pulls up to cover his slim yet masculine body. Sunggyu's eyes slowly close as the journey continue. 

Hours later, Woohyun gently wakes Sunggyu up as they already arrive at their destination. Sunggyu looks around and outside of the window and he was greeted by a wide blue sky and spacious land covered with sand. He squints his eyes to focus his vision and he can see an ocean not far from where they are. Woohyun signals Sunggyu once again before going out from the van. The others are already racing towards the ocean, leaving the two behind.

Sunggyu touches his fringe before pushing the door and landed on the sand. Sunggyu shoves his hands into his pocket and he walks towards his younger brothers. As Sunggyu walks, he watches his younger brothers and he feels like there is suddenly a rainbow inside of him. He is so happy to be with them, he is not going to lie about that. Dongwoo, being cheerful and bubbly himself, is already wet playing in the water. Hoya stops before the waves hit him and he continues to look over his delicate hyung. As for Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong, the three of them somehow are making a small campfire to keep themselves warm.

Sunggyu looks at his watch on his right wrist and it shows 6.37 in the morning. Before he continues to walk, suddenly Woohyun scares him from behind. Sunggyu stops to feel his heartbeat, making sure that he does not have any heart attack. 

 

"Sorry Hyung... You spaced out too much..."

 

"Woohyun-ah, don't do that again." Sunggyu glares at Woohyun.

 

"Sorry Hyung, I apologize already. That doesn't make you feel any better? Hmmm? Hmmm?" Woohyun starts to use his aegyo.

 

"Hmmm..." Sunggyu responds dryly but he ruffles Woohyun's hair and smiles at him. Woohyun catches his arm and pulls him to run towards the others. Just when they arrive at their small campfire, the sun finally rises from it's slumber. It is the most beautiful thing to see early in the morning. Dongwoo stops playing when he sees the sunrise and he quickly runs to the others by their campfire, followed by Hoya.

All of them are so immersed in seeing the sunrise. Sunggyu suddenly feels a wind blows directly to his small eyes, making him close them at the moment. When he opens his eyes, he suddenly spots a butterfly flying not far from him. The butterfly is blue and it is really pretty. Sunggyu tries to touch it by extending his right arm, but no matter how hard he try, he just can't touch the butterfly.

It is really weird to think there is a blue butterfly flying out of nowhere in the middle of a bright, golden sunrise. Sunggyu stares at the butterfly with his hand hanging on the air, like begging for the butterfly to come to his hand so he can admire it. Before he realized, he suddenly feel a warm trail of teardrop on his cheeks. Is he crying? Sunggyu touches his cheeks and the tears flow even harder. Sunggyu tries to stop the tears from falling down by closing his eyes and hugging himself but it won't stop. Suddenly he feels warmth all around him. 

 

"Hyung, we're here for you. Just let it out. Let it out, Hyung." Woohyun whisper to his ear. 

 

And all of the sudden, the seven of them are crying. It is so painful to see Sunggyu hurts like this.

 

**********

 

So earlier today, I'm going out with them, to make me feel "alive", as Woohyun said. 

We went to see the sunrise and it was so beautiful, just like you. 

And then, out of nowhere, I spotted a blue butterfly. 

I tried so hard to touch it but I can't, I don't know why.

Then, I remember, it was you...

The butterfly, it was you...

You love butterfly and I'm seeing it on our 3rd anniversary, so it has to be you...

Thank you for giving me hope throughout these years...

I'm waiting for you, Ji...

Please come back to me...

 

*********

 

Later that day, Sunggyu takes a shower to wash out his tears as well as his pain in his dear heart. He dries his hair with a towel on his way out of the bathroom and put on anything that he can grab from his cabinet. He quickly grabs his wallet and his apartment keys before heading out of the apartment. As he walks, he stops at a florist shop along the way to buy a bouquet of pink camellia. The florist already noticed Sunggyu as he always buy pink camellia whenever he drops by the shop. Just when Sunggyu wants to pay for the bouquet, the florist shakes his head. 

 

"It's okay. It's my treat. I hope you get what you're waiting for, boy." 

 

The florist smiles at Sunggyu, full of hope. Sunggyu smiles back at him and he never forgets to bow to him as well. Sunggyu walks out of the florist shop and he only stares at the bouquet as he continue walking. 

 

**********

 

Sunggyu opens the door with his free hand. The atmosphere inside the room is the same as the last time he came. Very quiet and peaceful. Sunggyu walks towards a nightstand and he puts the bouquet on it. He fishes out an envelope from his pocket and he opens the drawer. He sees many of his previous envelopes, untouched. He smiles dryly as he puts the recent envelope with the rest before closing the drawer back. Sunggyu suddenly feels weak to look at the bed next to the nightstand, but he gathers himself to look at her.

There she is, laying on the bed for who knows how long it has been. Sunggyu can hear her breathing even if she is breathing by using a life support system. Sunggyu looks at her heartbeat on the monitor, stable. Sunggyu moves closer to her and he grabs her hand gently. Her hand, it feels cold so Sunggyu blows and rubs her hand to warm it a little. Sunggyu intertwines their fingers and he rubs her knuckles as he continue to watch over her, sleeping peacefully. Sunggyu leans in closer to see her face. She looks thinner. Sunggyu sighs inside. 

 

"Ji, you're getting skinnier and pale..."

 

"Look at your bangs, they're getting longer..."

 

"Maybe later, we can go to the salon together..." Sunggyu touches her bangs, the other hand still holding hers.

 

"Ji, I brought you a letter and a bouquet of flower..."

 

Sunggyu can't take his eyes off her.

 

"You're so beautiful, Ji... always beautiful..."

 

"Happy 3rd Anniversary, Ji..."

 

Sunggyu leans in closer to kiss her lips softly. He just can't handle the pain, he cries while kissing her. His body shakes a little. He sits on a chair next to her bed and intertwines back their fingers together. 

 

"I love you, Ji..."

 

Sunggyu uses his other hand as a pillow and he cries his heart out. He doesn't realize that there is a blue butterfly on one of the camellias, watching over them. Sunggyu slowly drifts to sleep with his tears as the night goes deeper. 

 


 

Happy New Year guys! Thank you for being patient hehe... Sorry I've been busy lately and yeap, I'm gonna be busier next week onwards. Thank you to the new subscribers ^^ and my readers as well <3

So, I wrote this short with an inspiration from Bangtan Boys' Butterfly. The song and the mv are just amazing and somehow I come across this storyline. I promise that this won't be a oneshot, like seriously it won't, so please anticipate the sequel hihi...