Myungeun; Bonzai

PinkFinite

 

I always have an interest in bonzai so one day, I went to a bonzai festival. It was the first time ever in town so people were so excited and hyped up to go there. I went there alone because mom and dad were busy. They had an important meeting with their deputy manager that day, but they said that they will join me later on. I went there by taking a bus around one hour, exactly from a bus station not far from my house. I walked a little after that but that's okay.

I arrived early that morning but it was already crowded. People were already lining up and it was a long line too. I went to the back of the line to line up until there's a group of school boys, coming straight to me without even looking. Just before they bumped into me, which I think I would end up at a hospital instead of the bonzai festival, I felt a pulling force on my left wrist and I was pulled to it. I can't find my balance at that moment because it was too sudden so I fell forward to the person's embrace. 

I felt a pair of hands hold me from falling, but the moment I looked up, I was sure that I fell hard. He looks too good to be true, too perfect to be real. One word that accurately described him; inhuman. I bet he was an angel until I felt his warmth radiates from his hands to my waist. I immediately stood up straight and tried to find my balance but seriously, I knew my knees were so weak for him. He wore a long coat and the scarf around his neck, it looks so good on him. I don't know why but he was so calm looking back at me. I wonder if we ever met before, but I doubt that. 

He broke the silence between us and I swear, his voice was so mesmerizing, he had to repeatedly knocked the sense in me. 

 

"H-Hi. Are you okay?"

 

"Hi... I -uh... I'm sorry about that. And -uh... t-thank you for helping me..." I looked down because his eyes were sparkling, I don't think I'll be able to see clearly how his eyes looked like.

 

"No problem. Are you perhaps, lining up as well?"

 

"Ah? Yeah..."

 

"That's okay, you can line up in front of me..."

 

"Oh no, no! That's okay! I feel bad for cutting the line. I should lining up like other people."

 

"Hey, don't worry. Who knows what might happen to you at the back? And besides, I see you come here alone. So, it's safer if you line up here."

 

"And what makes you think that I don't find you dangerous as well?"

 

"I don't know... hmmm... maybe from the way you look at me just now?"

 

He winked at me and when he smiled after that, he looked cute. He reminds me of a kitten when he smiles. It was very contradicting to how the first time I saw him, it was like a completely different person. How can a person looks so attractively stunning and effortlessly cute at the same time? I totally forgot what he just said to me, but after a while, it hit me back and I blushed so hard. Is my reaction that obvious? I don't think so. He stayed quiet, probably waiting for my reply, but I just turned my back at him to hide my blushed cheeks. Somehow, I can feel he smiled at me satisfiedly.

We both stayed quiet waiting in the line for the festival to start. Everyone else was doing their thing; playing video games, checking mails on phone, reading and talking randomly about daily stuff. I grabbed my sling bag because I was so nervous as I can still feel his eyes on me. I was too shy to ask him why he did that. There's nothing I can do. Suddenly, he tapped my shoulder. 

 

"Hey... -uh... would you like to look around together and maybe later, grab some dinner?"

 

I turned 90 degree because I still can't look him in the eyes and I was hesitating for a minute.

 

"Let's just look around then I'll decide if we can grab dinner together."

 

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes, just to see his reaction and he looked so happy. I felt butterflies that were long gone and I didn't expect it to happen that fast. 

After the guards opened the door to the hall, people were rushing to go inside. He and I took our time, not to push people and he looked out for me once again. We both were awestrucked at the beauty in front of our eyes the moment we entered the hall. There were so many bonzai trees and various types too. I can feel a sudden urge of happiness escalating inside of me at that moment. We both took our time to stay calm and we proceeded to look around afterwards. The workers there explained to us about how to take care of bonzai and briefly told us about the different types of bonzai as well. Somehow, he and I became close to each other after learning about bonzai. It feels like bonzai is connecting us. 

Later that day, I decided to get to know him better so we both went out to grab dinner together. I texted mom and dad that I'm doing fine so they don't have to accompany me and I'll be out with a 'friend' so that they wouldn't wait for me. We both went to a japanese restaurant, just to continue feeling the japanese atmosphere for the rest of the day. We both ate a lot of sushi and he looked the happiest when he eats. We talked after that and mostly about bonzai, then the conversation got dragged about ourselves. He told me his name was Kim Myungsoo and I told him mine. Son Naeun. 

After dinner, he drove me home. Along the journey, we continued to talk about random stuff like hobbies, favorite colours, likes and dislikes. The more I get to know him, the more I feel connected to him. I looked at him once in awhile, much more often than earlier this morning, but I still can't look at him long enough since he will be looking at me back. The moment we arrived in front of my house, I know we both felt the same way. We didn't want to say goodbye. I stood in front of him after going out of his car, thinking about an appropriate way of saying let's keep in touch.

 

"Naeun-ssi, thank you for today."

 

"U-Uh?"

 

"Thanks for everything. Thanks for not turning me down when I ask you to look around and have dinner together."

 

"O-Oh that. I am really grateful that I didn't turn you down because I find you quite an interesting person."

 

"Oh geez, thanks. I didn't see that coming." he rubbed the back of his head while looking down. I stayed quiet because this is the first time I saw him getting shy throughout this day.

 

"Naeun-ssi, I know this can be uncomfortable to you, but can I have your number?"

 

"S-Sure." I didn't know how red my cheeks were, but the moment he noticed it, I quickly bowed to him and ran into my house. 

 

**********

 

"Myung-ie, that's not how you trim it. Come, let me help you with that."

 

Naeun takes my bonzai tree from me and places it in front of her. She starts to trim it carefully and patiently. She turns the bonzai sometimes 180 degree, sometimes 45 degree to ensure that the bonzai looks perfect from every angles, just the way I wanted. I look at her, focusing and trying out so hard to give me the best that she can. Once I look at her, I can't stop. It's addicting. Looking at her gives so much strength and happiness to me. I don't pay a split attention to my bonzai tree.

 

"Is this okay?" she looks at me, with an anticipation that she did a good job. I bet she did a good job t my bonzai tree. She is the most creative woman that I've ever met in my entire life. 

 

"Perfect." I smile to her.

 

"But Myung-ie, you didn't look at it."

 

"Who cares about how my bonzai looks like when I have a perfect woman in front of me?"

 

I look straight into her eyes and she looks back at me. I feel like she is competing with me to see who can last longer, but how can I lose to her? I can't get enough of her, that's for sure. After awhile, she leans in closer to place a sweet and loving kiss on my cheek before she stands up, bringing our golden gate ficus to a window. I know that she feels shy whenever we have a staring contest and I also know that she is not the type to give up so easily. Leaving me after kissing my cheek is the only way of her rising her white flag. 

I know her too much, I guess, or maybe she is just to easy to read. She and I have been going out for a few months after the first time we met. Both of us are working together in the same profession but at different companies. I meet her parents on a Sunday morning and I am so happy that her parents treat me like I am already a part of the family. Her father has this outstanding vibe, very discipline kind of man. He teaches me a few things, sometimes about work, sometimes about life, he inspires me so much. Her mother, on the other side, is very lovable and caring. She really treats me like a son and she likes to cook for me. 

I often come to her house instead of bringing her out after I meet her parents. To me, it is important to spend time and know her parents too at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone. Her parents don't mind me being there as well. They welcome me with their big hearts. Sometimes I wonder what I did in my past to deserve this kind of happiness. 

I buy her a golden gate ficus and one for me too. Golden gate ficus is a bonzai tree for a starter, like us. I think Naeun and I feel more connected because of our interest and love towards bonzai. I also think at some point, Naeun have a few similarities to bonzai. She is very beautiful and calm, very delicate to the point that I have to be extra gentle to her. She also gives me the happiness and strength like how whenever I look at bonzai trees. After that, I come to her house so that she can trim my bonzai, but it's obvious that I use that as an excuse. I just want to see her, to look at her.

 

Few months later, her parents buy us a house. They want us to start living together. I was shocked when they told me that after dinner. Seeing my shocked expression, her father asks me. 

 

"Well son, don't you want to marry my daughter and have a beautiful family together?"

 

I can't look at her father when I heard that question. It hit the exact spot in my heart. Of course, for the thousandth times, I always wanted to spend the rest of my life with Naeun. I even wonder how our children would look like, but I don't have the courage to say so since I'm still trying to be finacially stable. I'm trying my best to give her the best. She deserves it. 

 

"Son, why are you not answering my question? Are you perhaps, never thought that far?"

 

"Honey, don't say that. Let them take this slowly."

 

"I don't care whether they want to take this slow or not, I just want to know if his intention towards our daughter is sincere or just playing around."

 

"Sir, since the first time I met your daughter, I swear with my life, that I would take care of her, that I would want to spend the rest of my life with her." Naeun looks at me with tears in her eyes. 

 

"Then what makes you hesitate, Son?"

 

"I'm still trying to stabilize my financial for her. I don't want her to live poorly. I don't want our family to live poorly, Sir." I look down at my empty dinner plate. I feel so small and useless until Naeun holds my hand under the table and she rubs my knuckles. I look up to her.

 

"Myung-ie, no matter what state of our lives would be in the future, I just want you to be a part of mine."

 

Naeun smiles to me and her tears fall down like a flowing river. I can feel my tears coming out, I quickly cover my eyes with my other free hand and cry my heart out. I cannot look at Naeun when she is crying. I am weak for her tears. Naeun's mother starts to cry when she sees the both of us crying and I swear that is the most happiest moment in my life. They accept me to be their son-in-law. Naeun accepts me to be her husband, the father to her children, the leader of our family.

I look at her now and she is getting slightly chubbier. She puts our golden gate ficus on a table near a window and stands in front of it, admiring the view. I make my way to her and hug her from behind. She leans back to me and we both fix our eyes at our bonzai trees. Then, I feel a light kick on my palm, I quickly rub her stomach gently. 

 

"Oops Naeun-ie, I think our baby is mad at us for waking her up."

 

"I think she is jealous of you. She wants me all to herself." Naeun teases me.

 

"How can she even think like that? Did she not know, without me she won't exist?"

 

"Hey Myung-ie, watch what you're saying..." I can see her cheeks getting redder.

 

"I'm just jealous..." I pout at her and she quickly shakes her head. I laugh looking at her cute reaction.

 

"Naeun-ie, I think we should named her Myungeun. Kim Myungeun."

 

"Kim Myungeun?"

 

"Myungsoo and Naeun... Myungeun."

 

"I love that, Myung-ie" she looks at me and I look at her back. 

 

"Naeun-ie, I don't know how much I am grateful that bonzai trees exist."

 

"Me too Myung-ie, me too." both of us continue to stare at the golden gate ficus, feeling infinitely grateful.

 


 

Hello again everyone. I really didn't expect there would be another update this month, even I am surprised with myself. I might be busy for the next month onwards T^T I have been trying to write myungeun's oneshot for awhile, but it was so hard for me to come up with a storyline. Suddenly, I got an inspiration so I wrote it in one go. How was it? I hope it's okay ^^ Sorry for making myungeun shippers wait so long. Thank you for the patience. Thank you to the new subscribers and for my fellow readers, thank you so so much. Without you guys, all these would be nothing. 

Oh yeah, you guys know Park Myungeun? JIN from Lovelyz? She's my favorite after Babysoul and what a coincidence, her name is the same as myungsoo x naeun's ship XD I hope you guys enjoy this. Let me know how you think of this, okay? XOXO