Gyuji; First Meeting

PinkFinite

 

>>> THIS IS A SEQUEL TO THE PREVIOUS GYUJI'S STORY; BUTTERFLY <<< 


 

15th July 2012.

I had to spend my summer vacation in Busan with my noona. At first, I was totally against the idea because I'm going to be away from my brothers, but since eomma and appa keep on begging me, I had to agree. 

"You will discover a lot of new things there, Gyu."

"I'm sure you're gonna enjoy your summer with your noona... please look after her for us, okay kid?"

Eomma and appa are always like that, treating me like I'm the eldest. They said that I am more responsible than my noona despite of being the youngest, so they had to entrust me to look after her.

Usually, the journey from Seoul to Busan takes approximately around 4 hours, depends on which route I'm going to take or even an hour by plane, but I prefer going there by bus since I like to people-watch.

I made my move the first thing in the morning. It was almost crowded but I can manage the situation, thank goodness. As I'm entering the bus, I saw you watching the outside view with a pair of earphone, hanging loosely around your neck. I wanted to sit next to you but I was afraid that I might look like a creeper or something, so I took a seat behind you. I have to admit, your backside view was astonishing, especially when you let your hair swayed by the wind from the outside.

The bus isn't crowded much which is good. I keep on watching over you from behind, but you were focusing in reading instead. I was frustrated as you didn't aware of your surrounding, so I leaned in closer to you to see what you're reading. Just before I could see, you turned around which surprised me so much as our faces now are so close to each other. Both of us stayed like that for a moment. I was grateful that the other passengers were busy doing their own stuff. I don't know what's gotten into me, but I can't take my eyes off you. Your eyes, they sparkles so much. To my surprise, you keep on staring back at me which got me embarrassed so I had to avert my attention away first. 

I cleared my throat to get rid of the awkward atmosphere between us. 

"I   "

"You   "

How amazing it was that we both wanna speak at the same time. I gave a signal for you to talk first and so you did. 

"I'm sorry, but why do you keep on staring at me?"

Oh! So you do noticed.

"I I was interested in looking at what you're reading since you're so immersed into it."

I hope you believe my excuse at that time, but I really do wanna know what you're reading.

"Oh this? It is very good actually. I reread it because I'm bored. Do you wanna give it a try?"

"O-Oh? Thanks."

Nice move. Instead of wanting to talk to you, I have to read this book. I took that book from you and you didn't forget to smile at me before you faced to the front, leaving me alone. I keep on touching the book, admire it's cover and content, but it was not the book that got my attention. It was your bright smile. 

As I flipped the cover, I saw the book-card, which means you borrowed it from a library. I took it out and I saw your name. Jung Eunji. 'Jung Eunji, Jung Eunji', I keep on repeating your name inside my head in case that I might forgotten. I continue to read the book after that and I am impressed by the storyline. It is a good book. And so I make a mental note to go to the public library and read this kind of genre to fill my unoccupied days in Busan. 

As I keep on reading, suddenly the bus stops. I didn't realized that we have arrived in Busan, meaning that I can't see you again. You already stood up and packed your things before looking at me, signaling for the book. I stood up straight in front of you, obediently gave your book back and you went out of your sit to quick to my liking. I hurriedly packed my stuff to get to you. I ran towards you after I got out of the bus, calling your name. You turned around and I stopped myself, trying to catch my breath. 

"Yes?"

"Sorry, but   "

I walked towards you while catching my breath before you interrupt me. 

"How do you know my name?"

"From the book card. Sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"Oh no, it's okay..." 

I saw your cheeks blushed red. 

"I'm Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu."

"Jung Eunji. Call me Eunji."

We shook hands and I swear I can feel my whole body get electrified by your touch.

"So, you live here, Sunggyu-ssi?"

"No, actually I'm staying here with my noona for the whole summer. What about you?"

"I live here..."

"Oh, you live here? Maybe you can show me around here sometimes..."

I thought you would freaked out by my bold move, but you keep on blushing. 

"B-But then, what about your noona?"

"She's working so I have the whole time to myself."

"Okay then. I-I would like to show you around..."

"Nice! Then, I'm gonna need your number."

"Ah, yes..."

You wrote down your number on a piece of small paper before you folded it and gave it to me. 

"I'll call you, Eunji-ssi!"

I smiled at you before waving goodbye. You stood there, smiling and waving at me back.

 

**********


19th August 2012.

Who knows I'm gonna be lucky this year that I gotta spend my summer vacation with you. I used to spend it with my brothers, going to the beach, or anywhere we want and just be with ourselves. I suddenly miss my other 6. I miss being seven again. But that's okay. Things have to change now. I have to manage my time for my brothers and you because you are now important to me as well. You are my other half. 

I'm so grateful that you didn't turn me down when I asked you to show me around Busan back then. Since that day, we keep on meeting each other, calling and texting on the days when we can't be together. Every single time we met, I realized that your cheeks keep on blushing a little longer than our previous dates   wait, can I call it a date? Sometimes, you keep on avoiding my gaze. I'm scared that if I make you feel uncomfortable being with me.

And so I decided, today, before I'm going back to Seoul, I'm gonna confess to you. I planned thoroughly before I gave you a call, asking if we could meet for the last time and I'm relieved that we can.

Before I'm going out of my room, I looked into the mirror to fix my black hair and especially, my fringe. I put on extra cologne just to make me smell nice. I fixed my jacket and my shirt before I head outside. 

"Sunggyu, where are you going?"

"I'm gonna meet Eunji for the last time before going back. I promise I'll be back before it's late."

"Yes, please be sure to come back before   hmmm latest, by midnight, okay?"

"Thanks, Noona."

"And Sunggyu, be sure to get your feelings to her. You really like this girl."

"I know that, Noona." 

I gave noona the 'you're-unbelievable' look.

So, I waited for you on a bench, facing the sun and the ocean. After a few minutes, suddenly my vision darkened and I can feel a pair of hands, closing my eyes. I know it was you, but I wanted to play around. I held your hands and that spark is still there, between our hands. 

"Eunji?"

"Yeap, it's me. How can you not realized after all this time?"

"Your hands are getting softer day by day, how can I notice?"

I slowly held your hands and I bought you to sit next to me. We both stayed quiet to enjoy the comfortable silence between us, with our fingers intertwined with one another. We watched the sun shining brightly and the waves hit the sand until you broke the silence. 

"Oppa, look! A butterfly!"

"Where? Where?"

"There!"

You even pointed out the butterfly for me to see. With our hands broke free, I used this chance to take my jacket off and put it around your petite, delicate body. You looked at me before you looked at the butterfly again. And so, I looked at it and it was beautiful. It was blue which got me thinking, where does this butterfly come from? But I can't think straight about the butterfly since I saw you smiling so brightly next to me. You know how to melt my heart. 

Suddenly the butterfly flew away and you stood up, as if you bid it goodbye. I stood up as well, getting ready with my lines. I my dry lips and took a deep breath before I start my confession. 

"Listen, Eunji... I have something to tell you..."

You looked into my eyes and I swore my heart skipped a beat.

"...I don't know how to say this, but..."

I looked into your eyes and I found sincerity and pure love. 

"...would you date me and then later, marry me?"

"Huh?"

"I'm doing my best to be successful... and then..."

I feel like there's something tickling at the back of my neck, so I rubbed it shyly. You, on the other hand, look so happy. Your cheeks blushed the most at that time. After a few seconds, I saw you nodded.

"You're serious, Eunji?"

"As long as you are, Oppa..."

"Great!"

"Wait, it's getting cold all of the sudden."

You offered me one side of my jacket for us to share. Instead of sharing the jacket, I hugged you tightly since I can't contain my happiness.

"Eunji, I love you!"

"E-Eung..."

I brought you closer into my embrace as I landed a chaste kiss on your soft lips. I saw you closed your eyes and I can feel you responded to my kiss. I smiled. I know it's childish and naive to think that everything will go smoothly as I plan to marry my first love, but I'm confident with myself that you are my other half. I see myself in you and I hope you feel the same way too. I'm going to make this dream of mine become a reality, no matter what.

 


 

Hey guys ^^ so this is their first meeting and how they get together. I hope you guys enjoy this as the previous chapter is quite angsty. Pray that I will make a happy ending for them as I usually write based on what I feel at that moment hehe... oh yeah I change some facts from the previous chapter, but it is so little, why even bother huhu...