Woorong; Sorry

PinkFinite

 

>>> THIS IS A SEQUEL TO THE PREVIOUS WOORONG'S STORY; TOGETHER <<<


 

Something feels off. Something doesn't feel right. Her stomach churns in unpleasant pattern which makes her body feel weak. Chorong curls deeper into Woohyun's embrace in order to find comfort, in order to find a cure to her weird sickness. She tries so hard to go back to sleep since it's still early in the morning and she definitely doesn't want to wake Woohyun up. She snuggles closer to his chest and she breathes in his scent which calms her a little, but the unpleasant churns in her stomach is still there.

But just when her eyes are getting heavy, something goes up to and she feels like throwing up. Chorong quickly gets out of the shared bed and heads to the bathroom. Woohyun, being a light sleeper, wakes up from the sudden movement by his wife. He looks to her silhouette heading towards the bathroom and he lazily makes his way there while rubbing the back of his neck. Not until he hears the puking sounds coming from the bathroom, he quickly rushes to her side besides the toilet.

 

"Baby, you okay?"

 

"I-I don't know… I   "

 

Chorong throws up something and Woohyun can't help but feel a little bit disgusted about it. But who is he kidding? Chorong is his wife, he will never leave her side and especially not when she needs him the most. Woohyun holds in his breathe and Chorong's back lovingly. He keeps her long, silky hair aligns together to his side so that he can hold it with his free hand. Woohyun continues to her back until she finished. Chorong looks exhausted and spent and Woohyun's heart sinks.

He lets go of her hair to cup a handful of water to wash and her face cleanly. He helps her standing up to her feet and he flushes the toilet. Woohyun looks to her side before he swiftly takes her into a bridal style and they both make their way out. Woohyun slowly puts Chorong back to her side of their shared bed and opens the drawer to take an ointment.

He opens the cap and dabs a few times until he feels his hand wet enough and begin to massage her scalp. Chorong exhausted face soon becomes more relaxed. She loves when he touches her hair. His gentle touch. His loving touch. One of those things that Chorong loves about Woohyun and she will never get bored of it.

 

"Thank you Hyun-ie."

 

"Don't worry, baby… You should wake me up instead of giving me a heart attack."

 

"Sorry, I don't want to disturb you… I love watching you sleep."

 

"But what if something wrong happens to you when I'm sleeping?"

 

"It won't, believe me…"

 

Woohyun pouts. Even in the dark room but with a little help from the night lamp across their room, they can still see each other even though it's slightly fainted. Chorong looks at him, seeing his loving gaze and smile before turning to the opposite side of where Woohyun is sitting.

 

"I love you…"

 

Woohyun can't help but grin.

 

"I know… Go to sleep, baby…"

 

"Eung, thank you Hyun-ie…"

 

Chorong slowly drifts away, with the soothing and relaxing touches from Woohyun makes the pain go away. Woohyun leans in to her side to drop a loving and longing kiss on her lips and she is able to return it a few seconds before she falls asleep. Woohyun smiles into the kiss, not breaking the contact and he watches her sleeping in such close proximity. Woohyun stays a little longer before he pulls away to continue massaging her scalp.

Woohyun wakes up early the next morning. After spending five months together with Chorong, this is the first time Chorong feels sick and nauseous. Woohyun quickly washes himself up, suit himself up for work and not forgetting to make breakfast for Chorong. Woohyun also makes a healthy mixed fruits and veggies juice for Chorong and he brings the glass of it to the bedroom after setting the breakfast. Woohyun slowly makes his way towards Chorong and he sits next to her quietly, enjoying the beautiful view before him. 

After a few minutes, Woohyun looks at his watch before he puts the glass of healthy mixed juice at the night stand. Woohyun leans in closer to leave a kiss on Chorong's forehead. Woohyun her hair a few times before getting his briefcase and car keys. Woohyun fishes his phone out of his pocket to send a text to his beloved wife before heading towards his car. Woohyun goes to work that day feeling worried.

 

**********

 

Chorong wakes up, feeling less fatigued than last night. The nausea is also decreasing but her body still aches and her stomach still churns. She wonders if she had eaten something that cause her to be this weak yesterday. She lazily reaches out for her phone to see the time and to her shock, it's already noon. Then, she spots the message notification. She opens it to find a message from her beloved husband. 

 

Baby, make sure you drink the healthy juice that I made for you, okay? I also make you a breakfast, so please eat even if you lose your appetite. Sorry, I can't be with you today. I'll be back asap. Love you baby <3 - Hyun-ie

 

Woohyun sure knows how to calm her down. She feels guilty for not making Woohyun breakfast, even guiltier since he is the one who made it for her, but that feeling vanished as soon as she reads his message. Chorong puts her phone aside and reaches out for the healthy juice. Urgh, the colour... but she sips after a few minutes of staring at it. It doesn't taste that bad... and Chorong finishes it successfully. Chorong gets out of the bed and heads towards the bathroom to clean up. 

After taking her lunch, which is supposed to be her breakfast, Chorong lazes around at the living room, watching television. She sure doesn't know what to when Woohyun is not around. Woohyun already set that he will be the only one in charge of working for their family and since both coming from wealthy families, it's not required for both of them to work for the household's needs. 

But, Chorong doesn't know what to do to kill the time. She flips through page by page of a magazine, abandoning the television in front of her. There is nothing in the magazine that catches her interest. Chorong puts the magazine under a coffee table neatly and just sit there, stares at the ceiling. She stares and stares, until suddenly she comes up with an idea. She goes to the bedroom to take her phone and she quickly dials a number.

 

**********

 

Chorong noticed that Woohyun has been going back home from work pretty late these past few weeks. Some days, he arrived home past midnight and sometimes, just nice when the clock strikes twelve. Chorong can wait for Woohyun for the first few days but she can't bring herself to do so after that. And to her surprise, Woohyun even goes to work on weekends. She thought that maybe she can spend time with her beloved husband on weekend because the moment she opens her eyes in the morning, Woohyun has already gone to work and by the time Woohyun arrived home, Chorong already gone to bed.

 

Baby, sorry... I'll be going back home late today. You don't have to wait for me. And I'll eat the dinner you make for me so just leave it on the dining table. Sorry. - Hyun-ie

 

Chorong have been receiving messages like that from Woohyun every single day. Sometimes, when Woohyun sounds less stress, he will insert the heart emoji, but when he doesn't, it means work is testing his patience limit. Chorong feels lonely. She called Bomi, her neighbour the other day to teach her more dishes and she has been making delicious dinner for Woohyun ever since. But, she will leave it on the dining table, covered under the food cover.

She misses him.

Woohyun feels guilty, no doubt about that, but recently, he has been working on these new projects that his boss entrusted him to do. The projects hold a very big percentage of profit to the company and his boss promises Woohyun a very great deal if he managed to do all of them within the required time. He feels bad for neglecting his beloved wife, but he feels relieved that his wife has been making him dinner every single day, without missing a day. To be honest, Woohyun rarely eats ever since he starts working on those projects. He will grab some pastry on the way to his work and come back home to eat dinner. That's it.

Woohyun knows that what he does now is affecting his relationship with Chorong because every single text that he send to her gets no reply. Not a single one. Woohyun thought that maybe Chorong is tired of this. Some nights after he finish doing the dishes and clean up the dining table, Woohyun is greeted with a light sob from Chorong when he enters their bedroom. It hurts him so, so much. To see her crying in her sleep means he have hurt her a lot. But at the same time, Woohyun eager to finish those projects perfectly so that his boss can grants him the things that he promised.

He misses her too, but what he does right now determine a greater future. 

 

**********

 

"Eonni, you sure did a lot of improvement in your cooking..."

 

"I know right, Bomi-ah... I'm impressed with myself too..."

 

"Woohyun eats all of them, right? Did he say anything about it?"

 

"Yeah... He never forgets to say thank you the next morning and giving his opinions about it..."

 

"Ummm eonni, how long are you going to let him be like this? Work is indeed important, but so do you."

 

"I trust him and I'm sure he knows what he's doing. One day, he will explain to me, well... I hope so..."

 

"Okay eonni... Have a safe walk back home."

 

"Thank you, Bomi-ah... I see you tomorrow..."

 

Chorong walks back home, a few blocks away from Bomi's house with a packed meals for dinner tonight. That has always been how Chorong spend her days. After breakfast, she will do some chores, making sure that every single corner of the house clean, and then she goes to Bomi's house to hang around and make dinner. After she have her dinner back at home, she will nicely set the dinner for Woohyun and irons his clothes for the next day. Chorong stops herself in front of the automated gate to her house because she can see Woohyun's car on the porch. She can't believe what she's seeing. 

Is Woohyun home? He is, right? But... 

Chorong continues to question herself in her head while she walks in and unlocks the main door. She sees Woohyun's shoes on the shoe shelf and his coat, hanging at the coat rack. Chorong closes the door behind her and walks straight to the kitchen. If Woohyun is already home, then she needs to set the dinner quickly. Chorong re-heats the meals and while waiting, Chorong walks to their bedroom and slowly leans in through the door gap. Okay, Woohyun is here!

Just before Chorong wants to get the meal out of the microwave, the door opens and she is greeted by the presence of her beloved husband in his nightwear with his freshly dried blonde hair. Woohyun looks surprised by her presence too, but he smiles to her right away and quickly snakes his arm around her waist before she can run away. Chorong, on the other hand, is already in Woohyun's loving embrace in a blink of an eye. She feels tears dangerously coming out so she quickly hides her face in her palms. 

She misses him so much. It's been weeks or maybe months they haven't interact physically with each other and the feeling she feels right now is overwhelming, she can't help but cry. Woohyun can hear Chorong sniffling so he holds her chin before his right hand slowly make its way in between her palm and her left cheek. He caresses her cheeks lovingly and she looks at him softly. 

 

"I'm sorry baby..."

 

He kisses her lips sweetly. She closes her eyes to feel the moment wholeheartedly.

 

"I miss you baby..."

 

"I'm sorry baby..."

 

"I miss you baby..."
 

He says in between their kisses. They continue to kiss one another while Woohyun continues to express his feelings and Chorong just let him be.