Gyuji; Confession

PinkFinite

 

Jung Eunji. She is considered as a new student since she enters the school three months ago because of her father just transfer his working place from Busan to Seoul. Since Eunji is very bubbly and tough like a pineapple, she steals the spotlight easily. She manages to secure herself into the elite class since she is an intelligent and brilliant student even from her previous school. In the elite class, she sits in between Naeun and Namjoo. Naeun is like one of the goddess. She is very beautiful and dollish while Namjoo, she is very cute and sometimes clumsy too. Both of them welcome Eunji very heartwarmingly and the three of them get along very well.

While everyone is focusing on Eunji, the only one that catches Eunji's eyes is Kim Sunggyu. He is the class representative and he is well-known for his strictness. Almost every student in the elite class is afraid of him especially when he gives them the 'look'. They interpret that 'look' as a glare, but somehow Eunji thinks that is just how he looks at people. What else can he do? His eyes are very small. That very small eyes of his are very charming to Eunji. Especially when he smiles, those eyes are gone for good.

Other than his eyes, Eunji is also attracted to his hands. His hands are very beautiful and somehow, she wants to take care of those hands, wrap it nicely in a scarf, scared of someone might treasure his hands more than she does. Eunji would be lying if she does not imagine how nice it would be for her to hold those delicate hands of his. Other than his perfect physical features and milky skin, his personality is what Eunji loves the most. He is very down-to-earth and he always acts as a leader. His sense of leadership is very powerful. He gets along with the others just fine but seeing him being all cute to his best friend, Kim Myungsoo, is really something to Eunji. That feeling is indescribable.

 

**********

 

Being an elite student can be stressful sometimes. Since the teachers put such high hopes on them, they have been giving the students lots of work and assignment, to the point that one can even puke. In the elite class, others can describe it as 'the grave' because they are too quiet and too engrossed in doing their works. Eunji, on the other side, feels quite uncomfortable because of the quietness. Am I in a library or what?, thought Eunji. Just before Eunji wants to go to the toilet, Mr Howon, the homeroom teacher come.

 

Hello everyone. I can see you guys are too engrossed in your work. Please lend me your attention for a few minutes. Mr Howon managed to get the class attention, he scans every single student and tick the attendance.

 

Okay, so I have an announcement. The teachers had a meeting earlier, and they have decided to organize some sort of learning session while camping, only for you guys. All the boys start to cheer and the girls look at one another, smiling. Eunji makes a quick glance towards Sunggyu and she can see his eyes smiling. Naeun and Namjoo start talking to each other, already planning on what to wear. 

 

Guys guys! Please, let me finish. Geez~ All the attention goes back to Mr Howon.

 

It will be held this weekend, okay? Please tell your parents, precisely, that this is a learning session, just not in class. Do you understand?

 

Yes!

 

Good. Now, get back to your work. Eunji stands up after Mr Howon heads out the class, proceed on going to the toilet.

 

**********

 

The weekdays goes by normally. The elite students are more engrossed on doing their work than before since they are going to spend the weekend outside, they have to finish the piles of work before going to school next week. Other students peek inside the class to see the elite students and yes, it's frightening. The elite students are now in the 'zombie state'. 

Eunji and the rest of the class pack their stuff when the last bell rings. Naeun and Namjoo are still discussing on what to wear to the special learning session. Eunji just smiles at them, seeing them talking like that seems normal. Naeun gives Eunji a confusing look, maybe because she saw Eunji's smile earlier. Eunji laughs seeing Naeun like that. Why is this goddess so cute with that confusing look? 

 

You know Ji, you can be very scary sometimes.

 

What do you mean, Naeun-ah?

 

You being observant, that is why. It is scary.

 

I'm sorry, can't help it. You just look so cute.

 

Hey Ji, you have any ideas on what to wear this weekend?

 

What do you mean, Joo? Just...wear something...?

 

That's not what I meant. Namjoo gives Eunji the unsatisfying look and Eunji laughs at her.

 

Suddenly, Sunggyu speaks up.

 

Guys, please be ready at the school gate tomorrow morning by 8. There's going to be a bus waiting for us there.

 

Okay! As the rest slowly goes out of the classroom, Eunji still have her eyes on Sunggyu. She can see him clearly now since no one is blocking her view. Sunggyu, somehow sense that someone is looking at him. He looks up to see Eunji, on the other side of the classroom, looking at him. Eunji quickly grabs her bag and leaves the classroom. Sunggyu watches her as she left, a smile creep across his face.

 

**********

 

The next morning, the students gather together in front of the bus and Mr Howon is taking their attendance. Then, each of them gives their lugagge to the bus driver. Sunggyu is standing beside the bus driver, analyzing something on the paper he is holding. When it's Eunji's turn to give her lugagge, Sunggyu looks at her. They make an eye contact before Sunggyu smiles at her, walking towards Mr Howon. Eunji tilts her head in confusion. Am I imagining things now?

As the bus takes off, the students are quite busy chatting with one another. Eunji sits next to Babysoul, she is very quiet and not much of a social butterfly. Naeun and Namjoo sits on the other side, next to Eunji. Eunji observes everyone and every single one of them is very happy. Everyone seems to be having fun with the idea of camping out together. Everyone seems normal like this, without books and assignments. Suddenly, Woohyun stands up at the middle and starts to gather everyone's attention.

 

Guys, we barely talk to each other! Let's talk now. Everyone is laughing at Woohyun's random suggestion.

 

What do you mean, Woohyun-ah? We are currently doing that! shout Sungyeol, from the back.

 

I mean, let's have a group chatting. We don't even have time to get to know about our new classmate here. Woohyun points at Eunji. Eunji chuckles.

 

What do you want to know, Woohyun-ssi?

 

Eunji-ssi, what's your ideal type? All the attention now averts from Woohyun to Eunji. Everyone is waiting for Eunji's anwer.

 

Give me two ideal type~ Namjoo joins in.

 

Ohhh...? Kim Sunggyu-ssi?

 

Oh really? Namjoo seems to be shocked.

 

Yes, I like his character. Eunji said without hesitation.

 

Wuuuuu~ Everyone cooes at her.

 

Ahhh... Thank you. Sunggyu replied. Myungsoo nudges his side.

 

How about you, Naeun-ah? Namjoo knows everybody is also curious about Naeun's ideal type since she's been gaining a lot of attention because of her dollish, perfect visual. This is the chance to ask without getting suspected. Opportunist.

 

Me? Ohhh...? I like someone that's charming.

 

Wuuuuu~

 

You can just say it though. Eunji seems to be unsatisfied. Now, it's Sunggyu's turn to nudge Myungsoo.

 

Eunji said she likes Sunggyu~ Sungyeol starts to tease Eunji, gaining laughter from everyone. They all start clapping to show support to Sungyeol's doing. Myungsoo can't stop looking at his best friend, laughing teasingly at him.

 

Yeay~! said Woohyun. He goes to Sunggyu, to high-five him. Eunji laughes at his childish act.

 

Guys guys! Look at him. Woohyun points at Sunggyu. Now, all the attention avert towards Sunggyu. 

 

He's so calm. Look at him. Everyone seems to enjoy this. Dongwoo is laughing so hard on the other side. Sunggyu just smiles to Woohyun.

 

The expression when a man got a confession. Woohyun starts to tease Sunggyu, clapping his hands excitedly.

 

I'll think about it. Sunggyu replied while smiling. This action gains lots of finger-curling gesture from everyone. Some of them are laughing at Sunggyu's reply. They just can't believe it for Sunggyu to be this funny.

 

Yeayyyyy~ Woohyun seems to be hyper.

 

He said he's going to think about it. Sungyeol starts to curl up his finger, feeling unforgivably cringeworthy by Sunggyu's reply.

 

I just can't believe you just said that, Gyu. How did this happen? Myungsoo says to Sunggyu, laughing his heart out. Eunji does not know if Sunggyu is being serious or just playing around since everyone is in a good mood, but she smiles anyway. Knowing that Sunggyu finally gets to know her hidden interest towards him.

 


 

I really love this scene from runningman so I recreate the scene here, I hope you guys don't mind ^^ I might continue this story because this is such a hangover, even to me, but let's wait if I have any ideas to write for the next chapter. I hope you guys like this and my previous oneshots so far.