Woorong; Moonlight

PinkFinite

 

Summer break. Everyone loves summer break. It's the time where youngsters gather with their group of friends, partying all night or just simply spend time together doing not-so-innocent things. Getting tanned or sunbathing under the light of sun. Getting drunk every night and experiencing hangover the next morning. But, it's a different case for Woohyun. He usually spend his summer break with his friends, going out to the beach, doing cliff jump or backpacking to anywhere within the country.

No, not this year. His mother tells him to stay and keep an eye on Soohyun, his younger sister. Woohyun can just rebel and be a bad boy to go against his mother's wish, but he is a filial son after all. He won't do such things to his mother. He can hangout with his friends but he must be back before dinner. His mother also tells him that someone is working to clean the house, do the chores and make dinner for them so that Woohyun is only responsible for everyone's safety in the household.

Woohyun's mother goes off to work in the morning and probably be back after dinner, so Woohyun must stay at the house until the sort-of-maid comes in the afternoon. The first morning, Soohyun wakes up and goes to Woohyun's room to see her big brother is still in his dreamland. She climbs up to the bed and snuggles next to Woohyun. Woohyun, being a light sleeper, is already awake by the sudden touch. He opens his eyes to see Soohyun curls up next to him and he quickly hugs her tightly.

 

"Woohyun-oppa, wake up. I'm hungry."

 

"Please Soohyun-ie, let me sleep for another 5 minutes or 10. Then, I'll make you breakfast."

 

"I can't believe your 5 minutes, Woohyun-oppa. It's going to be like an hour or so."

 

"Soohyun-ie, please~" Woohyun pouts.

 

"Fine, fine! Woohyun-oppa, I thought you're my big brother but I was wrong. I'm going to take a bath first, then I'll wake you up."

 

"Okay~" said Woohyun, with his aegyo-filled voice.

 

After Soohyun finished dress herself up, she puts her laundry at the basket near the staircase and goes into Woohyun's room to wake him up. She waits him downstairs while watching the television. Woohyun shows up a few minutes after, with a fresh, clean look on his face. He goes straight to the kitchen after ruffling her hair. Woohyun is a good cook. He's probably the best cook to his sister. Woohyun makes her favorite omelette and takes out her favorite cereal. He takes a carton of strawberry milk from the fridge and cleans it before putting it at the dining table. 

 

"Soohyun, the breakfast is ready."

 

**********

 

Later that afternoon, someone hits the doorbell. Soohyun is doing her homework in her room and Woohyun is playing the video games at the living room at that moment. He gets up to get the door and he is surprised to see a very beautiful young lady in front of him. He is awestrucked. The girl looks down at her shoes and keep playing with her sleeves. Then, the girl looks up once in awhile to see if Woohyun lets her in but he doesn't budge and his gaze is something she doesn't understand.

 

"Woohyun-oppa, if you don't wanna let me in, you can just say it instead of staring at me like that..."

 

"Oh?"

 

"What is it, Woohyun-oppa?"

 

"How do you know my name?"

 

"What do you mean, Woohyun-oppa?"

 

"Do I know you?"

 

"Oppa! I'm Park Chorong. Don't you remember me?"

 

"W-What?"

 

"I used to be your Chorong-ie back in a few years, until I further my studies in Germany." Woohyun can't help but blushed when he heard the word Chorong-ie.

 

"O-Ohhh Chorong-ie? You're back?!?"

 

"Yes, Woohyun-oppa, it's been a few weeks."

 

"Come in, C-Chorong...-ie..."

 

Woohyun moves aside to give some space for Chorong to come in. He closes the door and joins her sitting at a couch. 

 

"So, Chorong...uhhh, Chorong-ssi, what are you doing here?"

 

"I come here to see you, of course. Plus, your mother ask me to help you around by doing some chores, cleaning and dinner."

 

"Ohhh she did?" Woohyun said sarcastically. 

 

She sets us up.

 

"Woohyun-oppa, I wanna meet Soohyun. Where is she?"

 

"She's upstairs in her room, doing her homework."

 

"I'm gonna see her for awhile okay, Woohyun-oppa..."

 

Chorong gets up and heads upstairs when she can senses an awkwardness between them. It's been 7 years since the last time they met each other at the airport, sending Chorong off to Germany. They used to be very close since their mothers are best friend too. Chorong is like a part of the family. Boohyun and Soohyun are also in a very good terms with her. When Woohyun called her Chorong-ssi instead of Chorong-ie, she knows he must felt awkward to be around with her. 

Honestly, how can they not be awkward? Chorong grows up prettily and gorgeously, Woohyun doesn't even recognize her in the first place. As for Woohyun, he gets taller than he used to, more masculine, his nose and jawline become sharper and he is turning into a very good-looking man. 

Woohyun have this slight crush on Chorong but he doesn't realize it. Yet, it is obvious to his mother, Boohyun and Soohyun. They used to and set him up with Chorong every single time they can. To Woohyun, Chorong is like a very precious sister to him, but he doesn't know that what he feels towards her is something like a close attachment more than siblings could have. He definitely doesn't feel the same way towards Soohyun so Chorong couldn't be just a sister to him.

Woohyun goes upstairs and hides behind the opened door to Soohyun's room. He can see Soohyun is very happy with Chorong. The first time Chorong meets Soohyun is when Soohyun is still a little girl. Now, Chorong is a young lady and Soohyun is a teenager. How time flies so fast. They talk non-stop about everything, from studying abroad to families and all. Chorong instinctively looks up and meets Woohyun's pair of lake-like eyes. Woohyun quickly averts away and knocks on the door when he actually doesn't have to since he have been listening to the whole conversation. 

 

"I'm going to wash up and later, going for a grocery shopping. You girls stay here until I get back."

 

"Thanks, Woohyun-oppa. Me and Chorong-eonni are gonna have a catch up session to do."

 

"Sure." Chorong smiles to him and he smiles back before he closes the door and goes to his room, with a faint blush can be seen on his cheeks.

 

**********

 

Woohyun puts on a black-white-striped cardigan over his light blue t-shirt and grabs the car keys and his wallet, stuffs it into his jeans before he goes to a mart nearby. He searches for the ingredients to make dinner tonight before he stops at the fruits section. He looks at the strawberry and other fruits. He grabs a handful of strawberries while thinking of something.

 

Soohyun likes strawberries, but I can't seem to remember what Chorong likes. She probably likes cheese or honey. Maybe. What if I buy chocolates for her? Girls like chocolates, right? But, it doesn't seem right to give her chocolates. It's like I'm confessing to her. No. No. If I don't buy anything for her, I won't buy anything for Soohyun too. Fair enough.

 

He puts back the strawberries and pushes the trolley to the cashier. 

At home, after spending an hour of talking and laughing together, Chorong finally excuses herself to do the laundry. She takes the dirty laundry basket and brings it downstairs when the door suddenly opens. Woohyun is back, with many plastic bags in both of his hands. She rushes to his side after putting the dirty laundry inside the washing machine. Woohyun is dumbfounded. 

 

What are you doing, Chorong-ssi?

 

Helping you, Woohyun-oppa.

 

No, it's okay. You should finish whatever you're doing just now and we'll make dinner together.

 

We?

 

Yes, we... Why? You have a problem making dinner with me?

 

No... Are you sure? I'm okay to make it alone.

 

That's okay, since today is your first day, I'll make it together with you.

 

Woohyun continues to organize the groceries at the respective places while Chorong does the laundry. After that, they make the dinner quietly. They only say and ask necessary things because the wet kitchen is kinda small for two people. They are uncomfortable with each presence because of the close proximity. They can feel their arms and body slightly brush against one another when one moves. After a while, Woohyun excuses himself to his room because he can't stand smelling secretly to Chorong's perfume. It drives him crazy.

 

**********

 

The dinner is quiet but peaceful. Woohyun, Soohyun and Chorong enjoy it delightfully. They chit-chatting here and there when Soohyun goes upstairs, proceed on doing her homework. Woohyun stands still and looks at Chorong's backview. He is holding the dirty dishes to clean it up at the sink but Chorong is there and he looks again at the space. 

 

"Chorong-ssi, please don't forget to do the dishes. I'll be at the front, watching television if you need me." he puts the dishes at the nearest counter to the sink and heads to the living room.

 

"Sure thing, Woohyun-oppa."

 

While they are doing their respective activities, suddenly the house goes black. Blackout.

 

"Woohyun-oppa!"

 

"Woohyun-oppa!"

 

Chorong and Soohyun both screaming for Woohyun's help and Woohyun doesn't know where to go first. He thinks for a second before he takes actions. There's a faint ray of light from outside so he can see Chorong's silhoutte.

 

"Soohyun, you stay in your room and lock the door until I come up!"

 

"Okay, Woohyun-oppa. Hurry up!"

 

"Chorong, where are you?" Woohyun moves around his hand towards Chorong's silhoutte to grab her hand.

 

"I'm right here, Woohyun-oppa." Chorong finally feel a touch and that's definitely Woohyun. She quickly holds onto his shirt.

 

"Chorong-ssi?"

 

"Woohyun-oppa..." Chorong shed tears because she is afraid of the dark. Woohyun is shocked to hear her sniffling, he closes the gap between them and hugs her securely. 

 

"Shush, it's okay Chorong-ssi. I'm here with you."

 

Chorong nods and breaks the hug. She holds his hand tightly after that. Then, they heard a click on the back door. Woohyun at the front, leading the way to a cabinet. They hide behind the cabinet but they can see a male figure clearly, in front of the door, observing inside the house. Woohyun focuses on the figure once more because he find it very familiar. 

 

"Boohyun, is that you?"

 

"Hyung?"

 

"Boohyun!" Woohyun goes straight to his younger brother and hugs him tightly, leaving Chorong behind. Boohyun is confused with the current situation.

 

"Boohyun, did you cut the power?"

 

"Yeah, it was me. I saw a female figure from outside the kitchen window, holding a knife and I can't help but feel scared, especially when you guys are inside because I thought she's after you so I turn off the main switch."

 

"Silly you. You almost gave us heart attack. Here...-" Woohyun is signaling to Chorong to come out from behind the cabinet. "-...this is Chorong-ssi. She's back."

 

"Noona, you're back!"

 

"I'm back!"

 

"Wow, Chorong-noona, you look so different. You look more beautiful than you used to, I don't even recognize you in the first place."

 

"Thank you, but Boohyun, I really need a more cheerful and happy way of greeting me." Chorong holds onto her chest to calm herself down and bite her lips to stop the tears from falling again.

 

"Sorry about that, Chorong-noona." Boohyun looks apologetically towards her.

 

"That's okay. Boohyun, can you go and check Soohyun in her room? I'll turn on the main switch." Woohyun gives his brother one last hug before pats his back.

 

"Will do."

 

Woohyun goes outside the house, heading towards the main power box, when Chorong tugs onto the back of his shirt. It is not so dark outside since there's moonlight, brightening the view. He stops for awhile before he can feel a pair of hands sliding around his waist. Woohyun blushed when he registers that Chorong is giving him a backhug. He wants to hold her hands when he suddenly feel a warm wet. Woohyun loosen the backhug and turns around to face her. She is indeed crying, probably because she is still shocked of what happen earlier.

 

"Shush Chorong-ssi, I'm here. I'm here." Woohyun hugs her securely again and she cries at his shoulder.

 

"I'm scared, Woohyun-oppa. I'm scared..." Chorong snuggles closer to his neck, she can smell his sweet honey-like scent.

 

"It's okay, just cry until you feel better because I'm here with you."

 

Woohyun raises his hand to securely hold the back of Chorong's head while the other hand, hugs her waist tightly. He her hair to help cooling down her fear. They stay like that for another 10 minutes when Woohyun can hear a light snore. He is loosening the hug and glancing to Chorong's side. She's asleep. He can't help but smile looking at her. She is so pretty. He takes her into a bridal style and he observes her once more. She looks prettier under the moonlight and Woohyun is sure to remember every single one of her features. He leans in closer to kiss her forehead and her nose before he brings her inside.

 

"I'm glad you're back, Chorong-ie..."

 


 

Hi everyone ^^ so here's WooRong's oneshot, I hope you guys enjoy this. Thank you to those who's always been reading my oneshots, to those who gives cute and supporting comments and to those who upvoted and subscribed this, thank you so much <333

So far we have #Bad6thWin and #Remember2ndWin. I'm really happy for both tbvh and today, for music bank, I hope Infinite is still up against to compete for the 1st place as well as Apink. I can't help but wanting #Bad7thWin since I'm an inspirit but I'm happy too if #Remember3rdWin happens.