Homi; Phase Change

PinkFinite

 

>>> THIS IS A SEQUEL TO THE PREVIOUS HOMI'S STORY; STEAL YOUR HEART <<<


 

Yoon Bomi and Lee Howon have been together for almost half a year since their sweet moment at the lake. After graduating from college, they both are now working at their respective offices. Hoya, being a filial son, is working at his father's company, majoring in business, meanwhile Bomi is working at the publishing department for a very famous magazine as a journalist. They both only meet each other on weekends or when Hoya spend some time to have lunch with Bomi and send her home when he gets his day off.

Being one of the couple nowadays, having a cute nickname for each other is a trend. Bomi insists on going with the trend but Hoya doesn't want to.

 

"Why follow everyone else when we can be happy with the way we are comfortable with?"

 

Bomi pouts. Knowing Bomi, she will never give up on what she wants, especially when it is something very precious to her. After a while, Hoya gives up.

 

"But I only do this because of you, okay Yoon Bomi? You better appreciate this and don't ask for more."

 

Being Hoya himself, he doesn't like being the one to show much of his feelings. He loves when Bomi being affectionate to him. Well, they say, in a relationship must have the push-and-pull method or something like that and Hoya believes that.

So there you have it, from 'Bomi' to 'Boo', from 'Hoya' to 'Hoppang' [(H)oya (opp)a (ang=aegyo)]. 'Boo' is the best Hoya can consider for now. 'Darling' or 'Yeobo' is not something Hoya wants to share it publicly. He can call her that, but he knows Bomi will go around and tell everyone about it.

 

"I will make you call me with more affectionate nickname than Boo, Hoppang."

 

"Sure, Boo. Sure. I love this side of you. Keep trying."

 

Hoya ruffles Bomi's hair and there she goes again, attacks Hoya with her pouty lips.

 

"Boo, you better not pout too much or I'll kiss you."

 

"Woah really, Hoppang?!?" Hoya can see the sparkle in her eyes.

 

"Just kidding." Bomi is trying to walk away from him when she feels a secure grip at her wrist.

 

"You better pout only with me, Yoon Bomi. Don't you dare do that publicly." Bomi turns around to hug him and he hugs her back. She loves when Hoya is being slightly possessive.

 

**********

 

A few more weeks before Bomi's birthday.

To be truthful, she really anticipates Hoya to surprise and give her any kinds of couple items. They never have those for months. She is boiling with jealousy when she sees her colleagues having matching shoes or matching tee or even, matching keychains. The happiness in her friend, Eunji and Sunggyu's relationship is something to be envy of. Both of them are so straightforward and honest with each other. They always tell one another about their feelings and all those cheesy stuffs people usually say.

But she knows. She knows Hoya aren't like that. Hoya is like a pineapple. Very tough on the outside but very sweet on the inside. She really dissappointed in him to be honest, but she gives in because she knows that's the best for now. She doesn't want to rush things out especially not in this relationship. Great things happen to those who waits, right?

Hoya, on the other side, is so busy because he is in charge in a new project and the launching of it as well. He remembers his favorite girl's birthday, how can he forget? But being a perfectionist himself, he puts lots of effort in this project. He doesn't want other stuff to disturb him.

Since then, every single time when Hoya asks her if she wants to grab lunch with him, she brushes it off. Bomi is trying to be understanding despite her broken heart while Hoya is being oblivious about it. They keep on texting each other during their free time but Bomi is the one who always starts it first. You can say that she gives a lot more than Hoya in their relationship.

Days after days, Bomi starts to feel this foreign feeling. It's like she is starting to act like she doesn't even care about Hoya when deep down inside, she actually do. Probably that's the way of her defensing herself from getting hurt. She starts to distant herself from Hoya naturally and keep on her gloomy face at her workplace. Eunji notices Bomi's mood swing. How can she not? Bomi is so obvious! She doesn't eat during lunch break. She doesn't go out of her cubicle. She doesn't hang around with Eunji anymore. Her smile seems fake.

 

"Bomi. Yoon Bomi... Let's talk."

 

"Eunji-ah... Sorry, something's going on."

 

"Oh really? Are you okay? You can always talk to me, you know..."

 

"I know. I just don't wanna interrupt you and Sunggyu-oppa, that's all."

 

"Hey, don't say that. Does this have anything to do with Hoya since you mention Sunggyu...?"

 

"Yeah, it's about him actually." Bomi can't control her tears anymore and she quickly hugs Eunji.

 

"That's okay, Bomi. Let it out and tell me when you're ready. I'm here for you." Eunji hugs her back.

 

**********

 

The day before Bomi's birthday. 

 

[Boo, let's have lunch together today. We haven't seen each other for weeks.] -Hoppang; 12.05pm

 

"Oppa, you can just say that you miss me..." Bomi pouts, delusionally hoping that Hoya can see it and gives in.

 

"Did you say something, Bomi?"

 

"No, it's nothing, Eunji..."

 

[That's okay, Hoppang. Eunji and I are going shopping after lunch.] -Boo; 12.07pm

 

[Oh okay Boo... Have fun then.] -Hoppang; 12.08pm

 

Hoya is trying his best on shoving away this doubt of his towards Bomi. 

 

"She still loves me, right?" Hoya said to himself while looking at his lockscreen. It's a picture of him secretly kissing Bomi's cheek while she was sleeping. 

 

"Hoya, you need to tell her that you love her, otherwise, she will keep on doubting you."

 

"Sunggyu-hyung... I-I can't."

 

"What do you mean you can't?"

 

"I-I don't have the courage to do so. Aren't my actions enough? Action speaks louder than words, hyung."

 

"Well, that's true, but girls tend to overthink and wonder this small stuff so you really need to tell her."

 

"I...I don't know, hyung. I mean I---"

 

"Stop Hoya! Have faith in yourself. You're a man. Come on, we need to do something."

 

"Uhhh hyung...!"

 

Later that day, Sunggyu and Hoya are having dinner together. They talk about work and other men stuff like cars and all while drinking. Their conversation stops when Eunji and Bomi arrive at the same place as well. Coincidence? Obviously not. Eunji and Sunggyu have been planning on meeting these two together for a long time. Being a friend to each one of both parties, how can they just sit and do nothing while the other two are struggling to figure out their relationship? 

The awkward silence surrounds them while Eunji and Bomi are waiting for their dinner. Sunggyu later breaks the silence by asking the girls how their day went meanwhile Hoya is just listening to every chapters of their stories from working to shopping. The conversation goes on with more bottle of soju as the night goes deeper and deeper. Sunggyu and Hoya are a heavy drinker so they don't get drunk while Eunji is a little tipsy and Bomi is completely blackout. 

Sunggyu excuses himself and Eunji from the occasion. He grabs Eunji by her waist and walks towards the exit. Hoya eyes them with envy because he definitely can't do skinship like Sunggyu did so easily. He looks at Bomi. She mumbles something in her half-sleeping state and he smiles. It's going to be a long night. Besides, a few minutes later it's going to be Bomi's birthday. Might as well he spend the night together with her. Spend the night together? Hoya gasps.

Hoya gives Bomi a piggyback on their way because she will definitely hurt herself if he let her be. 

 

Yah Boo! You're so heavy!

 

Uhhh hoppang, you're shooo mean! Don't cay that out loud.

 

Sorry Boo. Hey, why don't we wait here for a second? Your birthday is in a few minutes.

 

Hop...pang...oops sorry...

 

Yah Yoon Bomi! You're drooling! 

 

Hoya lets Bomi down to sit at a bench and fishes out a packet of tissue paper to wipe off Bomi's mouth and his coat. 

 

Shorry hoppang~ 

 

Hoya takes the sit beside her while looking at his watch when suddenly he feels a weight at his shoulder. He looks at it to find Bomi is leaning in to sleep. Her hair definitely smells nice. 

 

"Boo, wake up. I'm gonna sing you a special song..."

 

"Uhmmm...?" Bomi can hear Hoya sings to her the birthday song despite her current state but she can't remember exactly what happen afterwards.

 

**********

 

A sudden headache hits Bomi when she tries to open her eyes. She can see the morning ray coming from a window. She tries to block the morning ray from attacking her eyes but she can't moves her hands. She tries to stand up but fail too. She looks besides her to find Hoya, who is sleeping peacefully next to her. Hoya probably takes off her coat last night to use it as a blanket to keep her warm. His arms are hugging her waist tightly. His arms. At her waist. Bomi's eyes open widely. They have never been this close before.

 

"What happen last night?"

 

She asks herself while looking around. She is definitely at Hoya's apartment. Hoya was too tired to bring Bomi to her own apartment so he brings her to his. He fails to properly carry her to his bed, they both end up sleeping at his couch. She looks at Hoya once again then she remembers everything.

 

"Boo, do you hear me?"

 

"Oh my god, Boo! You're seriously blackout, huh?"

 

"You're not gonna wake up?"

 

"Fine then. Everything will be easy for me."

 

"Boo, I'm sorry for not spending time with you. I know it's wrong for me to use work as an excuse but yeah..."

 

"I shouldn't take you for granted. I'm sorry, Boo."

 

"Boo, I have a present for you."

 

"You know, I bought this ring for you because I want our relationship to be serious. I don't want us to be just boyfriend and girlfriend. I definitely want you more than anyone else."

 

"I'm planning on marrying you, Boo."

 

"Huh, I bet if you heard this you're gonna faint."

 

"I think I'm drunk a little tonight, Boo. I even talk to myself."

 

"This ring is the proof that I really want us to be serious. I want you. I will work hard on saving money so that I can properly propose to you like a man."

 

"Will you wait for me, Boo?"

 

"Boo, answer me hehe okay I'm seriously drunk."

 

"Boo, I somehow hoping that you could hear all these but at the same time I don't want you to because you're gonna tell the whole world and I won't be able to hide my face."

 

"The manliest man from Busan is finally weakening because of Yoon Bomi."

 

"I love you, Boo. Happy birthday."

 

Tears start flowing along Bomi's cheeks. She knows it's hard for Hoya to confess and she is so happy that he finally be able to do it. Not just confessing to her but also promising her that he wants to take this serious and get married. She is so absorbed in her own feelings, she doesn't notice her tears awaken the man that she loves. Just before Hoya wants to break the hug, Bomi hugs him back tightly and cries to his chest.

 

"I love you too, Hoppang. I love you so much."

 

Hoya stays like that, doesn't want to spoil the moment and he hides his blushed cheeks at her hair.

 


 

Thank you everyone for reading this complication of pinkfinite oneshot stories. So many pinkfinite shipper out there ^^ I hope you guys like this and find this okay haha because I personally think Bomi being drunk is so awkward lol I don't know how to describe her XD this one is kinda short heee sorry and thank you again. I'm working on myungeun oneshot right now but don't get your hopes too high.