Gyuji; Waiting

PinkFinite

 

>>> THIS IS A SEQUEL TO THE PREVIOUS GYUJI'S STORY; FIRST MEETING <<<


 

Sunggyu folds the letters back before putting it with the other letters inside the drawer. Sunggyu knows he can't express his feelings very well, therefore he writes them out. Reading back his first and second letter to Eunji brings back a lot of their memories together. Their memories since 2012 until 2014, before Eunji and her parents involved in a car accident on their way to Seoul.

It was shocking on the night it happened because Sunggyu was in the middle of a meeting with the rest of the student council members. He heard the news from Hoya, who is coincidentally to be in the same Calculus class with Eunji in their university. Sunggyu didn't know they were studying at the same university until Sunggyu decided to tell his brothers about Eunji before the meeting.

 

"Hyung, don't you know?"

 

"Know what, Howon-ah?"

 

"Eunji and I go to the same Calculus class..."

 

"W-What?!?"

 

"Yeah..."

 

"Wait, so you're saying that she's here all along?"

 

"Yeah, I noticed her because we sometimes bump into each other on our way back to Busan. We talk in class too, but not that frequent."

 

"W-What...?"

 

"Hyung, why didn't you ask her where is she studying in the first place?"

 

"I don't know... I was too busy with the student council meetings and all, I barely had time to text or call her. I mean, I know she goes to a university here, but to be in the same university seems too good to be true..."

 

"Did she ask you?"

 

"She did, but she didn't tell me..."

 

"She probably wanna surprise you or something, Hyung. And besides, she knows you're busy, right? Letting you know that fact probably won't change anything."

 

"Okay, now I feel like you're dissing me, Howon-ah!"

 

"I'm just stating the truth, Hyung..."

 

**********

 

Sunggyu was so happy when he discovered the truth. He quickly texted Eunji to meet him at a nearby cafe after his meeting but that was when the accident occurred. Sunggyu was concentrating in the meeting, as he didn't take any responsibilities given to him lightly. He didn't noticed how much missed calls he got from Hoya. After the meeting, he quickly scrolled through his missed calls log and he was getting anxious and worried all of the sudden. He called Hoya right after that and Hoya asked him to go downstairs as he was waiting for Sunggyu in his car. 

Hoya explained to Sunggyu about everything that happen that night along their way to the hospital. Sunggyu couldn't utter a word because he can literally feel his heart shattered into pieces. He was just so happy earlier but then somehow, this happen. A minute he felt like he was in cloud nine, a minute later he felt like his whole world collapsed. Sunggyu felt tears rolling down his cheeks and Hoya was so surprised to see this side of his beloved Hyung. Sunggyu is someone that Hoya admires the most and to see his mentor being vulnerable like this makes him feel devastated as well.

As they arrived at the hospital, Hoya had to pull Sunggyu all the way to the room because Sunggyu just couldn't grasp the reality. Sunggyu can't even walked properly because his legs are too weak to support his weight. The moment they entered the room, both eyes were focusing on a person, sleeping on the bed weakly while breathing using a life support system. Sunggyu couldn't believe his eyes and he quickly dropped himself to the floor as if his knees were also trying to deny the whole scene. Sunggyu hugged himself and cried endlessly. 

Hoya didn't know what to do. He stood there looking at his hyung before he hugged and comforted Sunggyu. A few minutes later, the doctor came into the room. The doctor was surprised to see Sunggyu crying in front of the door, so he asked him to go out for awhile. Sunggyu quickly wiped off the evidence of his pain and stood up on his own. Hoya stood up straight next to him, didn't know what to do until Sunggyu grabbed his wrist gently. 

 

"I need you, Hoya... Help me with this..."

 

"R-Right, Hyung."

 

Hoya flustered by the sudden request. Hoya can feel Sunggyu intertwined their fingers as he dragged Hoya outside of the room. Both of them stood in front of the doctor with their fingers still intertwined, waiting for the doctor to tell them about Eunji's condition. The doctor slowly looked down as he said that there are no other survivors other than Eunji herself. Her parents were already gone on their way to the hospital. They couldn't help when it comes to a situation like that so they solely focused on treating Eunji.

Hoya can feel Sunggyu tightened the grip on his fingers. Hoya rubs his knuckles gently to comfort him. Eunji was in coma. She was not badly injured, physically and mentally, but she was probably having the traumatic effect after the accident which resulting her to be in a coma. The doctor asked for her guardians or relatives to come but none of them can't be in contact at the very moment. The doctor asked Sunggyu if he can look after her for the time being and Sunggyu was glad to be offered. 

 

"I saw your picture with Eunji while the police looking through her belongings in order to search for information. So, I'm guessing that you must be important to her..."

 

"Yes..."

 

"I trust you to look after her, Sunggyu-ssi. We will continue to wait for Eunji to wake up. Then, it's up to her whether she wants to go with you or with her relatives. "

 

"I understand. Can I ask Dr. Jungyeop to treat her after this? I feel like it's better for her to be treated by someone that I know very well... It's not that I didn't trust you..."

 

"I understand. I will discuss with him about this matter."

 

"Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it."

 

Sunggyu and Hoya bowed down to the doctor when the doctor bid them goodbye. Hoya looked at Sunggyu carefully, to see if he needs him to be in the room together or if he wants some time alone with Eunji. Sunggyu keep on looking downwards, trying to comprehend all of the information. Hoya felt his tears coming out but he quickly held it in. Sunggyu slowly let go of Hoya's hand and walked towards the room.

 

"Hyung, I wait for you here, okay?"

 

Sunggyu nodded slowly.

 

"Thank you, Hoya..." 

 

**********

 

I don't know where I am, but everything is azureish white.

It feels like there's another world out here, with forests and lakes and mountains and rivers.

Either heaven or hell, it's just a place where we continue to exist after we die.

My soul looks bores and endless and I still only seen a fragment.

I can be anywhere and nowhere.

I can dissolve into nothing and become whole again.

I can merge my soul with others and be more alone than any human being has ever been.

 

I continue to look through to your world, which was once our world before.

I watched over you, over those I love.

I like you to know that I'm there, that I'm okay.

To hold you in my arms one more time.

To tell you how much I miss you.

But I have to settle by being closed by at the moment.

Invisible.

Transparent.

No more than a fading memory.

 

Something inside me tells that I need to wait a little longer before I can wake up.

To see what lies in once our world that I've never discovered before.

To see who is actually important and truly care about me.

To see how long they can wait for me sincerely.

To see how pure their love are for me deeply.

To see how they're going to continue living without me when I'm gone for good.

 

And so I set my quest.

By being close to you, every second, every day and night.

Seeing how you managed your time between the piles of work and assignment,

Holding to your dear stomach as you barely had time to eat,

Seeing how you cried every single time when you're going to sleep,

Clenching to your dear heart while whispering my name countlessly,

Seeing how you were when you're spending time with your brothers and family,

Faking your smile and laughter as you wish I was there with you.

 

I have no one when I wake up.

Mom and dad are already ahead of me,

Leaving me behind to make my own decision.

Whether to live my life or to continue looking from beyond.

But either way, mom and dad are still with me.

"We're here with you, Eunji." they said before they went.

They also told me that I can trust you.

That you will take care and love me endlessly.

I know you will.

 

Sorry to keep you waiting.

And thank you for being with me all the time.

I promise that I will be good to you, love you even more when I wake up.

No words can describe how I feel about you, Kim Sunggyu.

 

**********

 

Eunji feels her eyes and her fingers are very heavy. It's been a year since the last time she moved herself. Everything feels so unreal. Eunji feels dry like she has been living in the desert without any source of water for months. She wants to say something but her voice doesn't come out. Eunji thinks for awhile before she focuses on opening her eyes first. 

Slowly, step by step, little by little, Eunji opens her eyes. The first thing she noticed was the familiar patient room. Her soul has been here countless time since the accident. She turns her head a little to search for Sunggyu and there he is. Sunggyu never misses a chance to intertwine their fingers together. His head is resting on his other hand, backfacing her. Eunji knows he is awake since her soul saw him reading his own letters awhile ago. Eunji smiles to herself. Seeing Sunggyu like this makes her loves him even more.

Eunji tries to move her left hand, to pat Sunggyu's head. She slowly brings her hand from across the other side of the bed to her stomach. She gathers more of her strength to move her hand to his hair. Eunji can feel Sunggyu stiffened when her hand touches him. She knows Sunggyu is waiting for more signals as if he didn't want any false hope before he turns to look at her. Therefore, Eunji moves her fingers slowly through his hair. That spark whenever they touched is still there for as long as Eunji can remember.

Sunggyu, slowly turns his head to look at her. Eunji can see tears in his eyes when their eyes met. Sunggyu closes his eyes as he tries to keep his tears in but fail to do so. Sunggyu cries silently, as much as he misses her. Eunji looks at him happily with teary eyes. Sunggyu then stands up to get closer to her. He sits next to her on the bed and leans down to see her closer. He misses those sparkling eyes. To see those eyes looking at him back feels surreal and overwhelming. They both stay like that, looking at one another as if they're going to be separated again.

Sunggyu leans in to catch her soft lips and he feels like his inside is going to explode when Eunji kisses him back. It's been a year and he misses her touch so much. Sunggyu pulls away slowly as he didn't want to rush things out. He knows it feels so overwhelmed but he has to control himself.

 

"I'm back..."

 

"Oppa, I'm back...."

 

"I missed you so much..."

 

Sunggyu smiles so brightly when he hears Eunji whispers to him hoarsely. He is so happy that Eunji is coming back to him.

 

"Eung. I missed you too..."

 

Sunggyu looks at Eunji but her eyes are looking at his lips. He knows she's been missing and wanting his kiss so he leans in to place a chaste kiss on her lips again. And they stay like that as if their lives depend on it.

 



Hi guys ^^ I finally wrote threeshots of gyuji continuously. I will challenge myself to write threeshots of homi, woorong and myungeun in the future. Thank you for the patience and I never forget to thank my readers and subscribers. I won't be here without you guys <3 Sorry for the sudden hogyu moment ehehehe I can't control myself XD I got an inspiration for this chapter from a game called 'Beyond Two Souls' and I really, really love it. 

Oh yeah, today is Papa Jungyeop's birthday. That is the only reason why I mention him in this chapter X) I don't know when will I be here again, but at least I didn't left you guys hanging without the full version of gyuji's threeshotsright? Till next time guys~ thank you so much caramel macchiato!